“Best experience I had in Sweden until now!”

Aurora Borealis Adventures
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Vindeln
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Greifswald, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best experience I had in Sweden until now!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I came to Sweden 2 month ago and I really love this country and made a lot of great experiences... but the dog sledding tour was really the best experience I had so far! The introduction was helpful, the guides were very friendly and the dogs are amazing! Even thinking about it makes me smile. Also I really liked the possibility to borrow all important clothes (shoes, hats, jackets, trousers and gloves) there. So all in all this is a lifetime experience and I'm really happy I went on this trip. By the way, the food in the lunch break was also very delicious. And don't be scared, you will get used to how to handle the sledge and the dogs pretty fast^^

Visited March 2014
1 Thank KathiiUmea
Doneri, Ägare at Aurora Borealis Adventures, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thanks a lot for your positive words. We are really happy you liked the tour and look forward to see you again on new adventures.

Karlsruhe, Germany
“Awesome experience in the Sweden Wildness”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I been experiencing dog sledding first time in my life and I was enjoying it so much! Dogs are in perfect condition, friendly and use to people. Aurora Borealis Adventures team treat us like we know each other since long time. We enjoyed stories about dogs, dog sledding as well Sweden and Lapland. Additionally to enjoyable tours we were getting really tasty food. I never before eat such nice worm lunches under open sky. When I will have opportunity in the future I would definitely go there once more!

Visited February 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Doneri, Ägare at Aurora Borealis Adventures, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
We are so happy you liked your stay with us, and of course that you liked the food, because the food is a very important ingredient in our tours.
We hope to see you soon again, maybe for a stand up paddling tour in summer?
Umea, Sweden
“Great experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I was now a couple of times dogsledding and once rafting with aurora borealis. Every time was totally worth it. Nice and competent personnel and very well trained dogs. That you are stirring your sledge on your own makes it an unforgettable experience!

Visited February 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to see you again on new adventures with family and friends.
Sydney, Australia
“Once in a lifetime”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We arrived at the airport and were greeted by Don, who made us feel very welcome. Don was genuinely interested in getting to know us and we really enjoyed his company. We were driven to Aurora Borealis Adventures in the tiny village of Erkosele and were shown to our accommodation which was traditional and homey. We were given all the cold weather gear we needed and headed to the dogs to begin our 3 day tour. We me the rest of the team, Maria, Mica and Stefan who were equally as lovely. The dogs were amazing and so friendly, and our time on the sled was unforgettable. Don cooked all of our meals which were traditional swedish recipes all of which tasted amazing. Best experience to date, will be coming back one day.

Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Doneri, Ägare at Aurora Borealis Adventures, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
We are so glad that you liked your dog sled tour with us, despite -32 C, and we look forward to taking you out on new adventures in the future.
Groningen, The Netherlands
“They knew my name after several visits”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Aurora Borealis Adventures is a nice and familair company. I have been there three times during my 5 month stay in Sweden. I went there for white water rafting (september), kennel visit (october) and a dog sledding tour (december). They take time for you. For example on the webpage it sais that a dogsledding tour, the one i did, took aprox. 3 hours. I think i spend time there for at least 4 or maybe 5 hours. And they don't complain that the time is running out. And they already knew my name because i visited them so many times.

Also the contact with the company is good. They respond quickly on emails. And they just have an amazing service.

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much for your nice comments. You took the step to become a Boomerang Guest already in one season, and we look forward to see you again on a longer tour in the future.