“Good Food and a lot of variety”
Review of Homestead - CLOSED

Homestead
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Broasted chicken is always a good bet. The decor could be updated, but the food is always good. The service is hit or miss.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The chicken makes this restaurant worth four stars. We also had good spinach roll appetizers. Salads, which come with the meal, were plentiful and contained a number of vegetables. Potatoes were so-so (we tried au gratin and mashed; suggest you go with something simpler, like baked). Prices were reasonable. Decent wines by the glass, too. The place could use decorating, and has a musty smell. But don't let that put you off if you love juicy fried chicken.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Homestead is a tradition in this area. The steaks and fried chicken are the BEST!! Their lunches are also very good - not always the traditional sandwiches are presented as specials, however their burgers and clubs are always good. The wait staff is personable and Terry (the owner) will likely stop by to ask if your meal satisfied. You won't be sorry for stopping here.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Friday is a favorite day to dine at the Homestead. We were seated in the bar area and had a delightful waitress. My favorite is the poorman's lobster. We began with an appetizer of calamari. Others at the table ordered steaks which were cooked as ordered and stuffed flounder. We were celebrating a birthday. A very generous piece of chocolate cheesecake was brought as a complimentary gift.

Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

I stop here for a meal whenever I'm in the area without fail. It is obvious they take pride in the establishment and my party is always welcomed warmly.

I've only eaten chicken or pasta dishes and they have been wonderful. The salads are fresh. I've stayed away from the steaks only because when I'm here I'm always headed for biz in Chicago and have some fave haunts there.