“The Best stay in Kankakee County!!!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kankakee
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I had my wedding reception here back in aug. 2010 It was a dream come true the entire staff made me and my family feel incredable. From the rooms all the way to the chef!!! No one had a complaint. Shelly the banq. manager was fansatic she turned my crazy ideals into reality, the personal server we had was Lisa and we wanted for nothing the entire night!! I cant say enough about how WONDERFUL we were treated. The chef Carlos OMG!!! my husband believes he's a Gift from God lol! The food was hot, with a presentation that would knock your socks off, on top of tasting fantasic I still have guest I come in contact with that talk about the food that night. Thank God the rest. is open for dinner! Not to forget the front desk manager Michele she's a doll what ever I asked for I recieved with a smile!!! The rooms were impecable nothing was out of place, or dirty everything clean and fresh! It had a clean smell in the room as soon as you walked in!! Not the smell of perfeume, or cleaners which make me sick!!! I had elderly grandparents in a room and the housekeepers paid extra attention to them to make them feel at home. I cant say enough I LOVE THIS HOTEL AND WILL ALWAYS COME BACK!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank star8301

Reviewed February 11, 2011

I stay here for business frequently, most recently in Dec 2010. This is a full service hotel with a full kitchen (but somewhat limited menu) and room service. The workout room is better than most with a bike, treadmill, stair master and nice weight set. There is not much in the area to eat but a few exits up I57 has a range of chain eateries (LoneStar, Fridays, etc.). There is a WalMart (gag!) on the adjacent property. The HGI is slightly out of my way but I stay there by choice. It is the nicest place I have stayed in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our son while we settled our daughter into the college nearby. We got a junior suite, which worked out really well for us since our son likes to stay up and watch TV later than we do! The room was clean and breakfast was delicious, although it's a bit odd since they come and sort of take your order but also gesture toward the buffet so it's a little confusing. The food staff could have some sort of spiel that they give so you know what the deal is. Turns out it's a buffet, but you can also get made to order omelets. Great coffee. Fruit was fresh. Nearby gas station, Taco Bell, KFC and Walmart is really convenient and the traffic is no problem at all.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I have to say, when I booked my stay here, I felt comfortable with all of the previous glowing reviews. However, the unpleasant things that happened during our stay out weighed the positives about this hotel. The first room we were put in - one of the mattresses had a very large blood stain on the left side which ran down the side of it; and the stain looked fairly new. It was disgusting! This was and is unacceptable, even if it was covered by the fitted sheet! (I was checking the mattresses for signs of bed bugs - as travelers are advised to do so - glad to report that there were no signs of them!) The management did move me to a different room and was accommodating. Our second room, was clean - the carpet appeared to be recently cleaned, and the room was birght and cheery.

Later that night, there was a very loud party, on the upper floor, which kept us up to around 2:15 am. (It only lasted to 2:15 am because Management did put a stop to it.) After a long travel day, we didn't need this. The second day, I came back to the room at 4:30 pm, only to find that housekeeping had not been there. I contacted Management- they stated that I had left the do not disturb sign on the door. I informed them that I had taken it off when we went downstairs for breakfast at 9:30 am. Management at first stated that they would send someone up, but then they called to inform me that I still had the do not disturb sign on my door, which it wasn't - the room across the hall still had the do not disturb sign on. Management made me feel like it was my fault, when it was there mistake! This was not good customer service.

That night around 11:30 pm. there was a carpet cleaning truck parked outside the front part of our hotel, cleaning carpets, until 1:30 am. The noise was so loud, that both my son and I couldn't sleep. I understand that carpets need to be cleaned, but at this time of night? This was two nights in a row - that no one got a good night sleep. I was exhausted.

Some positive things... the restaurant at the hotel had good food, reasonably priced. The lobby was clean and inviting. The rooms had a mini refrigerator and microwave which was very nice. The pool/jacuzzi was well kept. There is a Walmart, Taco Bell/KFC, and mini mart near by for those late night cravings.

Even though I had bad experiences at this hotel, it is still one of newer, and nicer hotels to stay at in the Kankakee/Bourbounais area. The rooms, themselves were clean and overall that staff were accomodating, when there were issues that needed to be dealt with.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank cardinalsfan1924
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Stayed here for a wedding in the Kankakee-Bourbanais (sp?) area and wanted a hotel that I knew would be clean and safe. I opted for the bed and breakfast deal, which for $10 more, we received 2 full breakfasts the next day.

When we checked in, the girl was a little slow, but I think she was in training. The hotel was very clean. We got to the room and I was extremely impressed. There was a little fridge and microwave in the room. The sitting area was nice. The king bed was amazing. The bed has controls on each side for the sleeper to select the firmness/softness to their choice. I slept like a baby.

Breakfast was great as well. Our coupons allowed us to eat the buffet or from the menu. We went from the menu and our server brought us everything and anything we wanted. She forgot a few things, but nothing major. The food was delicious.

Over all, I'm really glad I chose to stay there.

The staff were really helpful with giving us directions to the church we were looking for. Also the business center in the hotel came in handy as we had to look up online for a jiffy lube before returning home.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Spent two nights at this hotel while in Kankakee on business. The fitness center and pool both open at 7am which I was able to schedule my mornings around. I loved that the business center was open 24 hours and absolutely free. That was very helpful.

The staff was very nice and I slept great!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My ten-year-old twins and myself stayed in this hotel so we could attend a graduation party in Beaverville, Illinois. It was the closest hotel we could find where we would feel safe and there was a pool for the kids. The hotel was beautiful,and the room was super clean. There was a bedroom with two queen beds and a living area with a sofa sleeper and in between the two was the bathroom. I put my kids in the bedroom so I could stay up a bit later. The sofa bed was okay, typical sofa bed. My only complaint would be the noise of the elevator dinging throughout the night. We were actually several doors down from the elevator but I could hear it quite clearly. During the night I could clearly hear a nearby guest using the toilet, so the walls could be thicker. My kids loved the pool area. The pool was small but they had a great time, and I enjoyed the hot tub. All of the staff was very friendly. We ordered a club sandwich and some salads from room service that night, and the service was prompt and the food was good. In the morning we really enjoyed the breakfast. We paid a small extra amount when we made the reservation for the breakfast and it was well worth it. They pretty much had anything you could want. Someone at the party warned me to be careful and lock my doors because Kankakee can be kind of rough. I felt perfectly safe with the location of this hotel. It is not really in town, and the only thing around is a Wal Mart and gas station. I believe it is the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kankakee
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Manteno, IL
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 6 in Bourbonnais
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
#3 of 6 in Bourbonnais
Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley)
Super 8 Bourbonnais/Kankakee Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee? Share your experiences!