“Great price, great deal”

Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kankakee
san diego, United States
“Great price, great deal”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel is near one of my reps, otherwise I'd stay closer to the city, however this hotel for the price is a great deal. One of the best restaurants and bars at a quick, business travel hotel, very clean hotel and great bed (firm).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sam R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We do try to offer our hotel at a the best rate/value for the quality of the hotel in town. If there is anything more that we can do to make your stay enjoyable, please contact me directly,

Thank you for your feedback!

Sam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Germany
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The hotel was very confortable to stay with. Remodelling seems to have happened just before. Breakfast was opulent. Rooms very clean and bed really perfectly made for relaxing. Air conditioning very convenient (not blowing as hell). Best place to stay, if you need to.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are thrilled that you had a relaxing stay. If there was anything more we could have done, please feel free to contact me directly.

Port Byron, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The bedding had obviously not been changed since the last occupant. The bathroom was not cleaned well from the last occupant as well. I contacted the front desk and the clerk apologized and immediately had housekeeping exchange all of the bedding. The clerk also extended a free dinner in the restaurant to make up for the trouble. On her behalf she did everything within her power to make up for the situation. However the issue shouldn't have occured. If you refer to Yelp.com and take a look at the reviews for this 2 star hotel you will find this is not uncommon for this property. There is a notice in the room that states the bedding is changed every three days and upon checkout. We already know they failed on the checkout portion. After the bedding was changed in front of me, I lifted the corner of the mattress and marked the bedding. I reviewed that mark each and every day of my five day stay. It was still there when I checked out, and I would bet it is still there. While we were sitting in the breakfast area we watched as leaking pipes soaked the suspended ceiling tile and it collapsed onto some of the seating in the breakfast area. The area had not been cordoned off, so a guest could easily have been sitting there for breakfast. In the rooms they still have the glasses with the paper cap for my protection. We all know that these glasses are never cleaned, except by being wiped out by the room cleaining people. Please switch to single use glasses.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I do sincerely apologize for the quality of your stay. We at the HGI are dedicated to providing a clean fresh room to every person. I assure you that the glasses that you see in the room have been washed before having the personal cap put on them & transported up to the carts. Hilton has very strict cleaning procedures regarding this. Because of these procedures & HGI brand standards, we are not yet allowed to go to the single use cups. (I think this may be coming soon, though) Since we have finished the renovation & have new management members in place, I think you would be very pleasantly surprised with how the hotel looks now. Please contact me directly if you are ever in Kankakee again. I would love the opportunity to show you the cleanliness & service that the HGI brand are all about.

Thank you for your feedback!

Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We usually stay at Hamptons but the one in Kankakee was full so we opted for Hilton Garden Inn. A little disppointing that the pool was closed but we were told that we we booked. Also parking was limited because of sealer,but overall a nice hotel and will stay again. We stay at Hamptons because of a nice hotel,clean friendly staff and free breakfast. No free breakfast at Hilton Garden .

• Stayed May 2013
So happy that you had a good experience with us. We have finished with the renovations of the hotel, so anytime you come back to the area, please come see the new & improved HGI! While we don't offer free breakfast like some of the other hotels - I promise you would love our breakfast. We do offer custom omelets & breakfast options that many other hotels cannot. I'm afraid I have to stop here - I'm making myself hungry... Please come see us again next time you are in town,

Palm Springs, California
Reviewed May 6, 2013

As a "road warrior" small things make a difference. The hilton Garden Inn chain is consistently clean, everything in the room works and the staff is courteous, friendly and helpful. I like the fact they have a bar and restaurant. this is the major difference between Garden Inn and Hampton Inn

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We're thrilled that you visited us! Nothing else quite finishes off a long day like unwinding in our bar with some great food! Hope to see you again,

Columbia, SC, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was the first time that I stayed at this location and it was a very good stay. I really like the fact that you have the fitness center, indoor pool, restaurant and bar, so that you don't have to leave the facility. The location was centrally located for my busniss trip and I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your kind words & repeat business! Please swing by the offices & introduce yourself next time you are in the hotel - I would love to say Hi!

Romulus, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great stay as usual at HGI. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean, and the beds are extremely comfortable. It is very difficult to get a HGI hotel room below $120 per night. But whenever I find a HGI that has a reasonable price. I jump at the opportunity because it's a great stay for any business traveler. Almost like staying at the top of the line Hilton hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are thrilled that you keep coming back to the HGI brand. I have to agree, for the money it is one of the nicest products on the market! (Of course I may not be entirely impartial...)

Sam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kankakee
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Red Roof Inn Monee
Red Roof Inn Monee
#1 of 3 in Monee
Howard Johnson Inn Manteno

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee? Share your experiences!