“Consistently Good”

Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kankakee
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Last weekend my husband and I stayed at the Kankakee Hilton Gardens for the 4th time in the past 4 years. Every time our stay has been very pleasant. The rooms are typical chain hotel decor and furnishings, but clean with everything in working order. If you stay, don't miss the breakfast. The food is pretty standard, but the service is outstanding.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Northerner49
Tj H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thanks for the great review. I will pass along your great words about breakfast to the staff. Come back soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel is very convenient to I-57 and major roads. The rooms are clean and very quiet. It was nice to see a full service restaurant for dinner, with an excellent offering of entree's. The bar is also full service and the staff very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thanks so much for the review - we hope to see you back again soon

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Nice stay - hotel rooms could use an update but clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. Refrigerator and microwave in the room was nice as was access to full breakfast, dinner and bar since there is not much else in the immediate area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Tj H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thanks for your response. We appreciate the kind words. We are scheduling our renovation as I speak so, hopefully, the next time you stay with us we will be brand new.

Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was the second time staying this property - it was much,much better than my first experience at this hotel. The room was immaculate! Beds were clean and very comfortable. The room was clean and bright. Love the fact that we had a refrigerator and microwave in the room! Our night stay was fairly quite - there were a group of people out on the courtyard below our room that was partying until 11:30 pm - midnight; but other than that, a very peaceful night sleep. Breakfast was delicious and the service was outstanding in the restaurant.

Also there is a gas station, Walmart and other convienances near by - Loved that!

Definitely will go back to this hotel, when in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Tj H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thanks so much for your kind words. We, like all hotels, constantly strive to improve and it's nice to know that some of our efforts are paying off. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here for a softball tourney, it was a very clean hotel, and our room was very nice too.-
The staff was very friendly and helpful..The stay was great BUT the most impressive part of our stay was when we left the IPOD in the bed and went back home.. Called the next day, reported the loss..Within 2 days the hotel called, I believe her name was Michelle and said they had the IPOD - amazing.. She shipped it FEDEX and we had it the next day. WOW. Thanks to a good honest person in housekeeping..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Tj H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

So glad you enjoyed yourself while you were here; even happier we were able to return your items! Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We unexpectedly decided to stay at this property. We called to see what the rate was and got a room for $75 / night probably because it was the night of and they weren't full. I thought that was pretty good considering it's rare to find a decent place anymore for less than $100. It was a nice room with King bed and couch. Everything seemed clean and comfortable. They provided everything that normal hotel has except for some reason... no breakfast. Otherwise I thought it was good choice compared to other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: King rooms have a couch but two double rooms do not.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Tj H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for the review. The HGI doesn't offer breakfast in their standard rates as a brand but we do offer a full, cooked to order American breakfast. I'm sorry you missed out on it - it's reasonably priced and very tasty. Hope to see you back again soon so you can try it.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I believe this is my third time reviewing this hotel and I have stayed many times over that. For the time being, I will continue to stay as it's still the best in the area for my needs. However, I noticed this time around (last stay was March) that the carpet in the room was showing some wear and my room (bottom floor as requested) still had an old TV. I think the hotel is roughly 8 years old but I swear the TV has to be more than 10 years old. I know other rooms have newer TV's but even the new ones look like first generation flat screens. The exercise facility is still in good shape and I like the full weight set which few hotels have. I did not eat this time but have in the past and been happy with the meal. Staff was very welcoming. A cleaning person walking down the hallway one morning at 6am dropped a broom or something and it made quite a racket but I was already awake.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Tj H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write about our hotel here in Kankakee. While we are exceptional clean and friendly, we are due for an update. The plans are already in progress and we wil be refreshing soon. Hope to see you again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kankakee
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Red Roof Inn & Suites Monee
Super 8 Watseka
Super 8 Watseka
#1 of 1 in Watseka

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee? Share your experiences!