“Makes a good first impression”

Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kankakee
Reviewed July 26, 2011

There are few hotels in Kankakee. This one is newer and makes a good first impression.
Suggest purchasing the breakfast meal package. Food is quite good and there is a large menu. The beds are comfortable, rooms are quiet. It is only a short drive to the Chicago rail station, where for $5.50, one can ride to the heart of the city.
In the "issues" area the A/C had not been cleaned in quite a while. Filter was dirty and the unit air intake was covered with dust and dirt. The shower towel rack was very rusty and needs replacement. It rained while I was there and the window leaked (Think "drip, drip, drip...going on for hours). The problems were reported to the staff, however, it was the weekend and they were not repaired.
Probably most visitors would not notice the problems. Maybe it's just me. I want to stay in places that are as clean as my home.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed here on the way home from a trip to MO. Arrived late and left mid morning. The room was nicely appointed, though we were disappointed with the noise from adjoining rooms (loud televisions on both sides). As a frequent guest of the entire Hilton chain, I can say I think the price was a bit high for the area considering breakfast was not included. Other than that, it was an acceptable stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I booked the hotel online using a debit card as I do not use credit. Upon arriving I paid for both nights in cash HOWEVER my debit card was STILL CHARGED for the full amount PLUS incidentals. This also happened to the other individual in my company who had pre-paid but had the amount put onto her card as well as a charge for breakfast that she did not have! The hotel finally reversed the charges but LEFT INCIDENTALS on my card - holding it for a week. I have not encountered this at ANY other hotel as long as I paid up front with cash. The front desk clerk was rude, the manager unavailable (seems she only works a couple of hours during the day) - corporate completely unhelpful. Careful how you pay at this hotel. Too bad - otherwise I would have rated it well

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dlipman
Reviewed May 5, 2011

This is where my husband and I stayed for our wedding night! What a lovely hotel! Very clean and spacious, of course the Hilton's are always beautiful. I wish we could have stayed longer, but had to get to our honeymoon! It is located very nicely right off the interstate and has a walmart right next door for anything extra needed. I couldn't believe the price, what a reasonable rate for such a nice place! All around nice stay, I'd definitely do it again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Wow!!! I don't even know where to start. My and my husband had our wedding at the Hilton over the weekend. It started with a great rehearsal dinner the night before. The staff for the rehearsal was incredible. The guest rooms were very clean and roomy. Also very comfortable. The management was phenominal! They helped with all the planning and I didn't have to worry about a thing. The check in was very smooth and helpful. They even showed me to my room. The day of my wedding, the employees went out of their way to make sure I had an excellent day! The food was terrific and they really have a great chef! The bartender was great as well. Everyone who attended the wedding was very pleased with the food and the atmosphere. It was very comforting. I couldn't of asked for a better day! It had too have been the best weekend of my life and thank you to the Hilton for making it such a special weekend for me and my Husband! I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel to anyone.
Mr. and Mrs. Mazan

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I had my wedding reception here back in aug. 2010 It was a dream come true the entire staff made me and my family feel incredable. From the rooms all the way to the chef!!! No one had a complaint. Shelly the banq. manager was fansatic she turned my crazy ideals into reality, the personal server we had was Lisa and we wanted for nothing the entire night!! I cant say enough about how WONDERFUL we were treated. The chef Carlos OMG!!! my husband believes he's a Gift from God lol! The food was hot, with a presentation that would knock your socks off, on top of tasting fantasic I still have guest I come in contact with that talk about the food that night. Thank God the rest. is open for dinner! Not to forget the front desk manager Michele she's a doll what ever I asked for I recieved with a smile!!! The rooms were impecable nothing was out of place, or dirty everything clean and fresh! It had a clean smell in the room as soon as you walked in!! Not the smell of perfeume, or cleaners which make me sick!!! I had elderly grandparents in a room and the housekeepers paid extra attention to them to make them feel at home. I cant say enough I LOVE THIS HOTEL AND WILL ALWAYS COME BACK!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank star8301
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I stay here for business frequently, most recently in Dec 2010. This is a full service hotel with a full kitchen (but somewhat limited menu) and room service. The workout room is better than most with a bike, treadmill, stair master and nice weight set. There is not much in the area to eat but a few exits up I57 has a range of chain eateries (LoneStar, Fridays, etc.). There is a WalMart (gag!) on the adjacent property. The HGI is slightly out of my way but I stay there by choice. It is the nicest place I have stayed in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kankakee
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Red Roof Inn & Suites Monee
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Monee

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee? Share your experiences!