“Great country dining”
Review of BLUE'S CAFE

BLUE'S CAFE
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Kankakee
Cuisines: Diner
Description: At Least 11 Different Home Made Pies Available Daily - Apple, Peach, Cherry, Butterscotch, Hawaiian, Lemon Meringue, Chocolate, Pecan, Coconut, Banana, Etc.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good food, family atmosphere and great prices. Be sure to have a piece of pie! ❤️❤️

1  Thank phaynes58

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great food at reasonably prices. Friendly atmosphere. The best home made pies in the area!,, special features daily. Tasty breakfast!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped here on the road from New Orleans to Milwaukee. We were looking for a local eatery. I found it online using my smartphone. So glad we stopped! The food was very good. The service was old fashioned and wonderful! Our waitress stopped and talked and told us all about the place. We ordered the pie--mine was the pecan, my husband got cherry--a la Mode, of course! The best vanilla ice cream on top. They were incredibly good--just like gramma used to make. Well-worth stopping for in a little neighborhood where the waitresses all know the customer's names. A little slice of Americana!

1  Thank gmfarfol
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Found myself dogsitting in Bourbonnais for a few days and decided to try Blue's. I was very pleased. Located on a pleasant tree-lined residential street in West Kankakee, Blue's is like a step back in time. Nothing fancy but clean and pleasant surroundings. Waitresses are nice and attentive. I went there twice and had beer-battered cod and chopped sirloin steak for entrees. Both very good. Soups are delicious; I had bean and vegetable. I did not have the salad bar but it looked fresh and inviting. Excellent baked potato. One of the best rhubarb pies I've ever had. Also had butterscotch and found the flavor to be heavy and I do not like their cream topping, being a fan of meringue. Do give this place a try if you are in the area.

1  Thank gstrange8
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my dinner here and it was nice that a nice variety salad bar came with the dinners but I was to stuffed to have pie but overall it was not bad from what my father said and he had the blueberry pie but many to pick from but prices were a little higher than what I am used to but worth a stop if you are in the area.