1,231 results
All reviews reading room spa suite duet suite boot room mezzanine room complimentary drinks and snacks fireside suite cheese and biscuits log fire large balcony wainwrights pub mood lighting lake district breakfast in bed amazing room pure luxury walking boots
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in a Mezzanine Suite at the end of June.
All I can say is that if you want to stay somewhere special that has the WOW factor without being stuffy then this is the place for you.
The Hosts made us feel so welcome from the moment we arrived.
The accommodation was fantastic....where else do you get a log burning stove...and they will even light it for you if you want.
The bed (upstairs) was really comfortable.
Loved the bath in the lounge!
The lovely, large balcony was a nice place to watch the world go by as we were lucky with the weather the first day. The second day it rained so we lit the fire and snuggled up on the sofa!
The Reading Room was pleasant to sit in and enjoy a drink...alcoholic or not, in peace and no one bothers you.
We ate in Purdeys and that was excellent too.
Leisure facilities good, we enjoyed the pool.
Nothing is too much for the staff at this amazing hotel.
Keep it up. we will be back in October.

Room tip: I had a look at all the rooms and they were all gorgeous. Most have the log burning stoves which was special.
4  Thank jollyjoyce
Reviewed July 9, 2013

From the moment you arrive and are greeted by one of the smartly uniformed hosts to the moment you leave you WILL feel very special indeed. The rooms are simply amazing and amongst the very best I have ever encountered, and I have stayed in some top London hotels and luxury hotels in the caribbean, Japan and Europe.

Light switches with 5 or 6 options to control the 'mood' lighting, settings such as 'sexy', 'lazy', 'flattering' and my favourite 'Tinkle' (so that you can find your way to the toilet in the night to tinkle without waking your partner).

Villeroy and Boch sanitary ware, waterfall taps and big chrome shower heads compliment the stylish decor perfectly. Large screen 'smart' TV that you can connect your smartphone or tablet to in order to stream your own media content should you wish. The electrically controlled curtains that open up to reveal the folding doors that open up full width to the balcony. Sheer theatre!

Beautifully comfy king beds and large fluffy pillows and duvet, fluffy bath robes and slippers contribute to the feeling of being cosseted.

Then you notice the attention to detail - ingredients in the mini bar so that you can mix cocktails using the cocktails shaker and utensils provided. GHD hair dryer and straighteners (wife's favourite), filter coffee and cafetiere in the room, snacks and drinks in the reading room, and the wonderful breakfasts delivered in the morning to your room.

Then there's the staff! All bar none were courteous,, professional, attentive and you really do get the feel that if they can do it, they will.....nothing too much trouble.

With wonderful spa facilities and very good restaurants on site, a pub 200 yards away that's part of the estate, serving fine real ales and good food also, you have everything you need for a wonderful and relaxing stay.

I'm already planning another visit!

Room tip: I have just described a stay in one of their 'Ultimate' rooms. I believe the others are even better!
Date of stay: July 2013
3  Thank Maggle
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I like to think I am well travelled, I travel globally with work and am lucky enough to stay (on a client's expense) in some amazing hotels. I have to say Brimstone at Langdale is up there with the best of them. Personal, non intrusive service, fantastic rooms, all state of the art and beautifully decorated. Touches you don't often see in this price range, the lighting, the quality of the linen, the remote control curtains! We stayed there for one night on the recommendation of a friend and we WILL be returning. In 24 hours the tranquillity, the quality, the service and the over all experience made my partner and I feel like we had been away a week!

The detail from the in room breakfast (which was enough for four not two!) with freshly squeezed orange juice, a bag of warm bread, through to eggs benedict (done perfectly). The toiletries, the robes, the fresh coffee not to mention the reading room with complimentary wine, soft drinks, beer and home made scones!

We will return and I would strongly recommend this hotel for a few days away from it all! It really is incredible value for money and an all round memorable experience..

2  Thank SONIA B
Reviewed July 4, 2013

From our first arrival, the (staff) Hosts were incredible. Nothing at all was too much trouble for them and their enthusiasm for Brimstone was so infectious.They were grinning, we were grinning, and they were grinning at our grinning!
The Reading Room was a joy to be in - so informal, so low-key and yet so filled with a real touch of class.
And then to our room itself - absolutely incredible! The finest room I've ever stayed in - bar none!
Luxurious, comfortable, relaxing and invigorating - and much much more. WOW!
Brimstone really does need to be experienced. You owe it to yourselves!

Room tip: Had a good look around - and every room looked great!
Date of stay: July 2013
3  Thank mikeyb622
Reviewed July 4, 2013

A fabulous setting and the rooms are even more impressive. Really nicely designed it will make a fabulous winter hide away with a log fire between the lounge and bathroom suite. Huge french doors also allows you to let the outside in when the weather is warm. Really loved it and well worth a re-visit.

Room tip: We stayed in room 1 which was fab
2  Thank RandGCumbria