1,197 results
All reviewsreading roomspa suiteduet suiteboot roommezzanine roomfireside suitecomplimentary drinks and snackscheese and biscuitslog firelight settingslarge balconywainwrights pubbreakfast in bedlake districtamazing roommood lightingwalking boots
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We parked under the hotel and from then on the place felt exclusive! We were greeted by a host downstairs in the waiting area with beautiful log fire as there is no reception, and she took us up the stairs past the lounge with complimentary bar and snacks to our room. We were positively surprised at just how unusual and stunning the room was. Our huge bed was at a jaunty angle which made it a real feature, but it had to compete against the huge chrome roll top bath, the 2 huge flat screen TVs, the real log fire, the comfy corner sofa and the wrap-round balcony. We took a complimentary glass of wine back to the room and enjoyed it whilst relaxing on the sofas!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank danihope
Reviewed June 22, 2013

A really wonderful place to stay - a modern, stylish, luxurious, decadent, hi-tech place to stay in a unique and tranquil setting in the heart of the Lakes. Wonderful staff, great food. Cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed: June 2013
7  Thank GateFarm
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I've never stayed in such a luxurious room before. I had a duet room for one night in June and I have to say it was so fantastic that I didn't actually want to leave the room! Lots of lovely hidden extras such as the ghd's hair dryer and ghd straighteners in the wardrobe and the mood lighting. Breakfast in bed is a great touch, but you can go to the main hotel for the buffet breakfast if you prefer. I've been to langdales a few times before and I can't remember what was there before they built the brimstone. It looks as if its always been there. The staff at the Brimstone need a mention. They are attentive, polite and happy! There is a reading room with snacks, drinks and comfy chairs. But I didn't go in there as my room was so nice!
We had our evening meal at purdeys and plumped for the taster menu - delicious!
Did I enjoy it as much as it sounds? More than it sounds. So much so we are back in August our wedding anniversary and we've booked my parents in for their ruby wedding anniversary.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank Judo79
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I, spent a night in one of the new Brimstone rooms at Langdale.
They are just out of this world, the rooms and the service are more than you would expect in your wildest dreams.
There are so many fantastic touches that after nyou leave you want to have them at your home. My favourite are the light switches.
The hosts are just so welcoming and so happy, they will make you feel ready for and able to have the most relaxing stay.
When you stay at Brimstone you will have the most luxurious experience!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank foodlover1508
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went to the Langdale Spa hotel for 2 nights to celebrate a 50th. The spa was lovely, especially with the little bridge across the pool. We had spa treatments including massages and wraps, which we all agreed were amazing, and so relaxing. We then sat outside in our dressing gowns after our treatments enjoying a smoothie! The restaurant in the hotel was really good, as was the pub, although the food wasn't as high quality. The service was great throughout, the breakfast was top notch, and the location is second to none.

1  Thank Michelle R