“Great comfy hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Joliet North/Plainfield
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Joliet
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed here with our teenagers for one night on the way back to Iowa from Niagara Falls. We appreciated the free High Speed internet. We got to enjoy the pool and spa which were very clean. The beds are sooooo comfy and the breakfast was great! This hotel was just perfect for our quick stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed February 17, 2010

Nice clean hotel. Good breakfast. Pool was nice and warm. Only downside is the pool only has a ladder to get in, no steps, so it was harder for my little one to get in. We had a coupon from a travel book so the rate was good for this area. I would stay again. Desk people were nice and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I am writing this review as I am currently staying in the hotel. It is nighttime with extremely hot temperatures outside, but inside I am freezing. I do not have the a/c on but my room is receiving extremely cold air from an unknown source. The bed only has a very thin blanket and is not helping me stay warm. The room I am in seems fairly clean, however, the sofa on which my son is sleeping appears soiled and the windows do not lock easily. Parking in the "safer" front area of the hotel is extremely limited. If one were to park in the back, he or she would have to bring in luggage through the pool area. My mother is staying in the room next door, which appears in not as good of condition as mine. Her window would not lock, no matter how hard I tried, the window still could be forcibly opened several inches. My children were looking forward to swimming in the pool, but the water was extremely dark and cloudy, not like the clean sparkling pool of the Fairfield we stayed at in Tennessee the night before. I paid 80.00 for the room, yet I wish I would have made reservations somewhere else. I would have felt I was in a safer, cleaner environment. On a positive note, the young girl who was extremely overworked at the front desk, was very helpful when we called and asked for some fresh blankets/linens to replace the used ones that were left behind on the sofa sleeper. This hardworking young lady definitely could have used some extra help at the front desk. Also, the night we stayed, there was a large group of softball players staying also. The young players were not loud, but their escorts/parents accompanying them were "extremely" loud while they hung out for hours in the front reception area. One final note, my ceiing is trembling as I type this note....I can hear every toilet and shower running from the rooms above and it sounds like the softball tournament already started up on the second floor....good thing my children are not light sleepers.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2008

Not bad for business or just a place to stay when necessary. Nice pool and hot tub, and there are always fresh cookies in the lobby at night. I stayed for a full week and was satisfied with the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. The room is a good size, and is decorated nicely. There is a continental breakfast, which is missing a warm food feel, but is alright for free.

Overall, not a luxury hotel, but if you need a place to stay that is friendly, clean, cheap, and has all the basics, this is a good place.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 26, 2008

The property is dated. Not what you expect if you stay at a very many Fairfield Inns. The TV was also old and completely unacceptable, with rolling lines in it like when you were a kid.

It was very clean and quiet.

It is close to the mall, numerous restaurants, and right off Interstate 55.

They had recurring problems with the wi-fi while we were there, but appeared to have them fixed by the time we left. The cable service was also intermittent.

My king room was the smallest motel room that I have ever had. Including the ones in Europe. The elevator was actually in my room. Really. Look at the long hallway in the photo. That room on the left of it is the elevator shaft.

I was working night shift and they did not clean my room for 10 days. What bothered me about that was that no one ever even contacted me to see if I needed anything or when they could clean my room. Even the days that I didn't get back to the room until 10:00 am, they didn't bother to clean my room.

There is no surveillance on the parking lot (which I needed because my vehicle was involved in a hit and run). The clerk on night shift did not know how to use the surveillance on the entry doors (so we could see who came in out of the parking lot).

I would have thought that booking 3 rooms for 15 days each would have gotten us a little better service. But, there I go thinking again.

Part of our group stayed at the Fairfield Inn South (about 10 miles away on I-80), and they were much happier with their accommodations, plus they got a better rate at a newer property.

If you are there to work at Braidwood Nuclear or the Exxon refinery, you can avoid a lot of construction on I-55 and be 8 miles closer to work, if you stay at the Fairfield Inn South, or one of the other properties on I-80.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Roadhore
Reviewed November 11, 2007

Stayed here for one night because of party attended in nearby Lockport (about 6 miles/10 minutes away). Upon check-in, the staff was extremely nice and gave us directions to the party. We were given a room on a high floor as requested in reservation without any reminders. Usually I try to post pics of rooms so travelers can get a more accurate depiction of the room--not necessary in this case. Room was exactly as pictured on website. It was extremely clean and well lit. We were allowed to stay an additional hour past our check-out time free of charge. Since I was organizing the party I was going to, the mall and numerous stores/restaurants across Route 30 were extremely helpful. You are not on the main drag, just tucked about a block and a half in--so, close to stores but not exposed to a lot of street traffic. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank bracamontes1123
Reviewed August 15, 2007

We needed to find a hotel to stay the night. Find this one right off the I-55. It's a great location because it's right next to the highway and across the street from the Westfield Mall and many restaurants. There are two other hotels next to it (Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn).

The staff was very courteous and had print-outs of Mapquest directions to places like Harrah's and Walgreens. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy.

The only thing I didn't like about the room was the fact that I found a bug (a cricket) in the room. Yuck.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family