“Had an awesome experience!!!”

Fairfield Inn Joliet South
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Gurnee, Illinois
“Had an awesome experience!!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this location for a couple of days. We were in the area for a concert. I normally don't write reviews however, I just had to write about how wonderful this hotel is. All of the staff is very friendly and accommodating. They really go out of their way to make you feel at home. The building itself is a little dated but it has character. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are super comfortable. They have a huge variety for breakfast (Unlike a lot of hotels). I have stayed at many hotels in my life and have never had such a memorable experience like this! We will definitely stay at this hotel next time we are back in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tom D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Marshall
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Recently stayed here 6 nights on business with a weekend layover included, and I just can't find anything negative to say! I think I talked with every one of the front desk staff and several of the housekeepers and they were all very friendly and polite! Had to speak with Julia the GM about a rate change and she went out of her way to help me and was very professional as well. The room was perfect---very clean. Fast internet. Sliding windows to let the fresh air in. Strong water pressure in the shower. In the evening, hot soup in the guest dining area and cookies and hot chocolate or hot cider at the front desk. Breakfast was standard fare--scrambled eggs and sausage...waffles---cold cereals and fruits and yogurts, with oatmeal as well. I didn't try the pool/jacuzzi, but it looked clean and inviting. Easy access from/to I-80 and a Cracker Barrell right next door! Business will have me back in the area in February and this will be the hotel I come to!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ASMTSM04
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had so many issues with this place I don't even know where to begin. We are a military family. My husband went in to check to see what the rate was and they quoted us 80.00 a night for the government rate. We went into the room and the door didn't even lock, our key wouldn't work for our room. The hair dryer didn't even work. But the biggest problem was that they charged my card two times for more than we were supossed to pay and we told them that we were going to pay with cash and we still were charged. Then today I called and asked to speak with the manager who was no help at all. All she did was interrupt me and kept going in circles about our issues of being overcharged. Then we found out we were being charged 109.99 a night and then didn't even realize we were to be given the government rate. She offered to remove the pet fee and give us 80 a night like it was supossed to be from the get go. My sister in law called because I was so upset.She wanted to try and see what she could do to help. Julia kept interrupting my sister in law who was by then fed up with it and stated stop interrupting me. I then talked to the manager Julia a second time and stated she thought we resolved it and then asked me what do I want her to do to help solve this? I then told her that I would like either my money refunded for all the issues or at least a free nights stay. She then responded with absolutely not I cannot do that and raised her voice at me. Then she stated that she cannot refund that much money over a hair dryer not working. The said they are a much higher class hotel that offers free nachos and breakfast. Seriously you think your high class because you serve nachos??? And your breakfast is a bagel. Then she said we should just go stay somewhere else. Do not ever stay at this hotel. The general manager Julia does nothing to help you and is very rude. I just also love that Julia gave another guest a discounted rate over moldy bread but cant do anything to help us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mischa G, Vice President Of Operations at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your time in posting a review of our hotel. We take great pride in providing the best accommodations and service to our guests and consider feedback like yours very valuable. Please accept my sincere apology for the challenges you experienced during your stay, most importantly in regards to service. Our intent is to ensure every guest feels genuinely cared for and valued. It is disappointing to all of us when we fail to deliver the Marriott experience. Your feedback is very important to our future success and I would love the opportunity to speak to you personally. Thank you again for your feedback.

Mischa Gitch
Vice President of Operations
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Boy, does this one need work. The staff was very nice. So by work, I mean the rooms and breakfast. The issues I remember: Microwave cord was ultra short, didn't reach the socket, even if they meant to plug in, it couldn't. I put it in the most available socket, bathroom counter. The beds were so-so. The worst thing was I pulled out a bread for toast in the morning and it had mold. I told the room staff, who got rid of it all. Commented that she thought she'd taken care of it all. I told the front desk these matters, and she did make a quick decision of discounting both our rooms. The right thing to do. We would stay again because of the nice people, but not until they update and fix the issues.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Angell66
JuliaGarvey, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Angell66,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed our staff service. Our team works really hard at ensuring we treat every guest like family because to us you are! I am sorry to hear that you experienced problems with your stay, but I am happy to hear that our team responded promptly and rectified the issue. We know that problems can arise, but our seasoned team really makes a difference because we want every guest to come back and see us again. I hope you do stay with us again when in the area. Have a great day!

Julia Garvey
General Manger
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have stayed in many Fairfield Inns, across several states. The room I had in Joliet was disappointing compared to my other experiences. The decor was blah, less than simple, and out-dated. Oh well, I can live with that. But there were two things I especially didn't like. First, mold on the shower curtain. Not a few spots, but enough that the curtain should have been thoroughly cleaned, or replaced. The second problem, the bed sagged terribly and the springs were so worn at the edge of the bed that, unless I slept in the middle of the queen bed, I felt like I was sliding towards the edge. Very disappointing!

Room Tip: I have also stayed at the Town Place Suites, right next to this Fairfield Inn, and it is much better...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
JuliaGarvey, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear gocubs11,

I would like to thank you for your feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our staff service. We work very hard at ensuring our team is always serving our guests and their needs promptly and sincerely. I am very sorry to hear about the other aspects of your stay. I can assure you that we will address and resolve these issues. This is not the normal occurrence at our hotel. I would like to speak with you further regarding your stay. Please contact the hotel directly and ask for Julia Garvey.

Julia Garvey
Byron, Illinois
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I would sincerely like to thank you for working with me last week. My husband was working for the utility company in you area and was working the midnight shift restoring power due to the severe heat, you were the only hotel in the area that I contacted that would allow him to get rest and sleep at your hotel for one day at an one overnight charge. Everyone else would only allow it by paying for 2 nights. I really appreciate your flexibility and I will share this with everyone. Thanks a million..we very much appreciated it!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Connie R
JuliaGarvey, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Connie, I am so happy we were able to accommodate your husband while he was in town. Flexibility is so important in our industry and we know that every situation is different and we are so happy we could meet your family’s needs. We can't wait to see you next time your husband or your family is in town. Julia Garvey, General Manager
BOKEELIA
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I travel constantly and stay in business hotels like the Fairfield Inn. At this location the staff, all of them from checkin to breakfast, were unbelievably friendly. They seem to love their jobs and work as a team to decorate for the season, make sure each guest has a good experience and they seem like they really care. I was greeted by yummy chocolate reese's pieces cookies and a gift of snacks for being a rewards member. The room was nice with a fridge and microwave and clean and bright. I am definitely coming back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business