“just right”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Litchfield, United States
“just right”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

good location, everything I need. Only comment is the same for every hotel room I've ever stayed in . . . .make the electrical plug-ins more easily accessible, so that I can charge my phone and use it for my alarm.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

COziemkiewicz, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-55, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Rebecca D.,

We appreciate your review on TripAdvisor! We were elated to hear that you found our hotel to be "just right"! As the Hampton Inn brand develops, we have heard that the hotels will focus on having more outlets and accessible for all of our electronic devices. You can look forward to change with the Hampton Inn brand, as it always listens to the recommendations of it's guests!

We hope that you'll stay with us again when you're back in the area!

Take care,

Cindy Pell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This an excellent place to stay with children. Plenty of restaurants to eat for dinner nearby. The hotel also gives you a list of restaurants that offer discounts to patrons. Any savings is better than none. The pool is clean and great for kids to play in. The breakfast in the morning is perfect to accommodate any picky eater.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Greetings!

Thank you for your review on the Hampton Inn Joliet I-55! We are glad to hear that you found our hotel to be a great place to stay with your children, and that you took advantage of some of our great amenities! Our dining discount guide for local restaurants really does provide our guests with savings, along with many great choices! We are so happy that you found the breakfast in the morning accommodating to everyone as well. Please come back and stay with us again if your travels ever bring you back to the Joliet area!

Thanks,

Cindy Pell
Director of Sales
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed October 26, 2013

One of my pet peeves is not knowing if a hotel is under construction. This one is, and unless I missed it when I booked, there is no mention of it on their web page.

This is one of the older Hamptons - narrow halls and slow elevator, but the interior improvements make it very nice on the inside. My room had a jacuzzi in the bed room and large separate bathroom. It all looked updated. My only complaint was there was an odor in the room. Possibly because someone smoked in it and they were trying to cover it up.

There not really any restaurants within walking distance, and certainly not after dark. However the Tilted Kilt is a very short drive and not bad.

My appointment for the day I was checking out was cancelled, so I intended to work in my room. With the construction guys working on the exterior of the hotel, the noise starting at 8am made this impossible.

I'm taking off a point for not letting me know about the construction prior to arrival. Otherwise this would be a nice average Hampton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-55, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Harry R,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you were inconvenienced by the construction that we are currently undergoing. As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I do regret if this caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you we are doing everything we can in order to finalize our remodeling as quickly as possible.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Thanks,

St Louis, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great hotel, Friendly and knowledgable Staff, Convenient Access to Highway - if you are a light sleeper ask for a front facing room. Awesome cajun restaurant nearby. And they have the cutest little rubber ducks to greet you when you get to your room. Love staying at this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sales_Manager_0, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-55, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Vanessa P,

We're glad you found our team to be wonderfully helpful during your stay. It's also nice to know you enjoyed your rubber duck waiting for you. We hope to welcome you back soon! Thank you for your business.

Stevens Point
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Superb facility and staff. The staff was so friendly and helpful. VERY clean. Perfect visit!! The entire process was flawless. The room was great. Internet very fast. Food was excellent. The hotel was very busy, yet they tended to all the guests perfectly. We like Hamptons, but this one was exceptional. We will definitely be back, as we travel for collegiate athletics.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-55, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Randal W,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! Our team is always trying to achieve a review like this. I will be sure to pass along all of your positive feedback on! Hope to see you again soon!

Lincoln, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was very impressed with the apperance, amenities and the staff of this hotel. If I am ever in the area will make every effort to stay here again. The beds were very comfortable and the entire hotel was extremly clean and the staff were very helpful. The breakfast was the best complementary hot breakfast I have ever had at a hotel.

Dear Melissa T,

Thank you so much for your review. What a compliment to say about our breakfast! Hope to see you again when traveling to the Joliet area!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We came to Joliet attending a wedding party and a tour of nearby Chicago area. Booking process was convenient. Checking in was expedient and the staff were courteous and helpful. The room was exceptionally clean, fresh smell and great bed and mattress which help both of us who are endowed with magnificent back problem, so the nights were completely restful and allowed us to enjoy the days. The location is excellent as well, close to interstate and nearby shopping center with all conveniences of stores and restaurant. Hampton Joliet is one of the best I have stayed. The facility is excellent and staff are well trained, helpful and most pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-55, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your 5 Star review. We appreciate all of the positive feedback and I will make sure to recognize each and every person on our staff for a job well done!