“I don't know why it's rated so high”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-55
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
“I don't know why it's rated so high”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We stayed here based on the good reviews. We had a king bed and a full-sized sofa bed, according to the room description. We told the reservations clerk we had two children and were told the sofa bed would fit them fine. We checked in at 830pm, time to put the kids to bed. We were surprised to find the sofa bed was twin-sized. No was would our 8yr old and 4 yr old fit in it together. It was late and I knew the hotel was full. There was a club chair and two footstools, I pushed them together into a bed for my little boy, but I needed sheets. Also, there were no extra pillows at all for the sofa bed. I went to the front desk, right around the corner and I asked the nice lady, who appeared to be a manager, for sheets, pillows, blankets to make up a bed for one child and I told her why.
She balked and was full of questions, almost accusations. Am I sure they won't fit, because two people fit, it's a full-sized pullout. Yes I'm sure. Am I really sure, did I pull it out? Yes I did, it's not really full-sized. I was informed it's "hotel full-sized". I don't care what you call it. Am I sure I need the sheets, the pull-out should be made. Did I look in the closet? Finally I had to ask her if there was some reason why I couldn't have more sheets and blankets. Oh no, no reason, she'd get them right away. 30 minutes later I got them and made up a cozy bed and we all slept very well.
The hotel was very clean, the rest of the staff were friendly, and the breakfast was better than most.
The only thing I might mention is that it was difficult to make the reservation, as my call was clearly taken by a call center in a far away land by a lady whose first language was not English. The combination of her accent and the loud background noise on her end made this take twice as long as it should have.
Be careful estimating how much sleeping room you're getting. Otherwise, fine.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Hoopyhelga
BWatland, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-55, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Dear Hoopyhelga,

My name is Brooke Watland and I’m the Sales Manager for the Hampton Inn Joliet I-55. I would first like to thank you for your review. Please accept my sincere apology for not having a larger room available during your stay with us. I also apologize for the delay in receiving your sheets. I’m happy you found our hotel to be very clean and our staff friendly. Our goal is to be your home away from home! I would love the opportunity to speak with you about your past stay and invite you back again. My contact information is watland@raymondteam.com.

Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do for you.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Odell, Illinois
Reviewed March 30, 2011

My husband and I planned a weekend getaway with the Hampton Inn Joliet. We liked that it was close to the mall and plenty of other stores. The room was very comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the pool. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The breakfast was also a nice bonus! We hope to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank netrbug
BWatland, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-55, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Dear netrbug,

My name is Brooke Watland and I’m the Sales Manager for the Hampton Inn I-55. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate it. I am so happy you found your room to be clean and comfortable and the staff to be very friendly! We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Very nice facility. From the very friendly check-in staff,to the amenities,a very nice experience. I made use of tha facilites,the swimming pool,the whirlpool,and the free internet use and the exercise room. A lot of bang for the buck!

Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
BWatland, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-55, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Dear icesniper9,

My name is Brooke Watland and I’m the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn I-55. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate it! I’m happy you were able to enjoy the swimming pool, whirlpool, fitness center, and our complimentary internet. Please come back and see us again soon. We’ll be waiting!

Thanks,

Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed March 23, 2011

When we got there to check in the front counter person was so nice and helpful. she even asked if we had a floor prefarance. Never hade that option before. the pool and hot tube were great. the breakfast was awosome as well.. I would use the again and i told all my family and friends.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear nayjay11,

My name is Brooke Watland and I’m the Sales Manager for the Hampton Inn I-55. I wanted to personally thank you for the great review you posted. I’m so happy to hear you found the front desk representative to be nice and helpful. At our Hampton, we go out of the way to ensure our guests’ satisfaction! Thank you for referring us to your family and friends. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Somewhere
Reviewed March 22, 2011

My husband and like to take our kids here during the winter time. They get a little stir crazy staying in all winter and this is like a mini-vacation right next door to home. The kids love swimming and the beds are cozy as my little one says. Perfect atmosphere for movies, pizza, and family game night with a little swimming thrown in. We only live about 5 miles away if that but it's a great escape :)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Dear themama0710,

My name is Brooke Watland and I’m the Sales Manager for the Hampton Inn I-55. Thank you very much for your kind review. We love knowing you are just a few miles down the road from us – we love meeting our neighbors! Whenever you need a mini vacation, bring the family by for the Movie Night Package, it includes a large pizza, complimentary ‘family friendly’ pay per view movie, popcorn, soda, and of course unlimited use of our indoor pool and whirlpool! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon. Tell your little one we’ll have a ‘cozy bed’ waiting for him/her!

Reviewed March 16, 2011

The staff was very nice. Our room was very clean and made me feel right at home. I won the stay there on facebook so just stayed there for a relaxing night away from home. I would highly recomend this hotel to others

• Stayed January 2011
BWatland, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-55, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Dear Renaeg1,

My name is Brooke and I’m the Sales Manager for the Hampton Inn I-55. Thank you for your review and for your compliment on our staff and rooms. Our goal is to make our guests feel right at home! I’m happy to hear we succeeded on your visit. We hope to see you again very soon.

Dwight, IL
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We stayed here for our anniversary, it was close to shopping and restaurants. The room was comfy and clean, felt like I was staying at a spa. The pool was warm and clean. We would definitely come back! And the continental breakfast was the best anywhere we have ever stayed. Not to mention the staff was polite and helpful!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
BWatland, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-55, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Dear jrlenig,

My name is Brooke Watland and I’m the Sales Manager for the Joliet Hampton Inn I-55. Thank you for your wonderful review and happy belated anniversary! We’re glad you chose to stay with us and that you found your room to be comfy and clean and our staff to be polite and helpful. We pride ourselves on great customer service! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.