“Last minute choice turned into a terrific choice!”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Joliet
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We chose this hotel out of necessity - had never stayed here but were meeting friends who had already made reservations. We were very pleased with the staff who were attentive and speedy with our check in/check out. We changed our room to get away from the highway which is right outside the parking lot, but it was handled without skipping a beat. Lobby/breakfast area/halls filled with really neat black and white photography giving the hotel a little bit of a boutique feel. The room was very nicely appointed; their design choices made for a really nice room! Only downside was the foam pillows, but for the price we paid, this place is an excellent value.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear ConstanceT,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that our staff was efficient at meeting your requests. We pride ourselves on superb customer service levels. Next time you come to the area or stay at any Hampton Inn be sure to use our feather pillow. We offer both foam and feather in all guest rooms.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Pros:
Close to I-80, easy access
Good condition property, rooms well appointed, good TV, includes frig and microwave
Nice staff
Reasonable internet speed
Good value
Nearby sports bar was surprisingly good

Cons:
Close to I-80 means close to highway traffic sounds, especially for the side that faces the highway. Didn't bother me but you should ask for a room on the other side if it might concern you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bizexecmi,

Thank you for sharing your highlights and tips for our hotel. Hope to see you again when visiting the Joliet area.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

With nice service and a nice aesthetic, I can see why there are favorable reviews for this hotel. However, there is a 50% chance you will have a challenging experience at the hotel...if your room faces the highway, good luck enjoying your stay...or sleeping for that matter! Although I travel and stay in a range of hotels, I have never been closer to a highway. And never in a hotel next to a highway with so little sound proofing. I knew I was in trouble when I was offered a sound machine at check-in. The experience was brutal. On one hand, I salute the hotel for its high professionalism and hospitality. The Trip Advisor campaign is also creative way to build a positive reputation. On the other hand, I relied on the favorable Trip Advisor reviews to choose the hotel between locations on my business trip--and I felt totally misled. I need to balance these positive reviews with some cold, hard, sleepless reality!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Joel K

Dear Joel K,

Thank you so much for your receipt review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the noise and other inconveniences you had during your stay with us. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options to soundproof our property

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just happened to stop in and found this hotel to be really nice. Clean and quiet. Nice decor and big TV. Very nice bathroom and it was very clean and all updated. The entire hotel looked new or newly decorated. Staff was great too at the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dawn D,

Thank you very much for staying! We appreciate the kind feedback. Our team works hard to make this a great place to stay for our guests, and we enjoy hearing when we have accomplished this!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Joliet twice during the past 3 months. Enjoyed my stay both times. Staff was very friendly. Hotel room and lobby were very clean. Pool area was clean. Continental breakfast was delicious - hot and fresh - with both cold and hot food choices. Always fresh coffee in the lobby and fresh baked cookies in the evening. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Susan A,

We appreciate your review! Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay.

I've forwarded your compliments & feedback to the rest of our team. We look forward to being of service again in the future and earning another excellent rating from you.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at the Hampton Inn in Joliet. We were told we were chosen as guest of the day upon our arrival, which included a gift bag with goodies, a parking space right by the door and a sign posted with our name as guest of the day. It was wonderful. The Hotel was fantastic, nice decor, very clean and fresh, wonderful staff and the complimentary breakfast was delicious. I highly recommend this hotel, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Patty K,

Congratulations on beling our "guest of the day". We really like to make our guests feel special and we are very glad that it truley did that for you.

We're grateful for the opportunity to provide a home away from home for you while traveling.

Your feedback is much appreciated. Please don't hesitate to call on us whenever we can be of service.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stay was great.
Fresh cookies (YUM!) when we checked in on Thursday but then sad they are not available through the weekend. No worries
Everyone was pleasant with exception to one breakfast lady, who was by no means rude, just short.
Rooms were clean, tidy, but a little smaller than had expected. It was perfect for what we needed on or short stay (4 nights).
Hygiene items were below standards and did nothing, went and bought at local Target. Bring your own.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Gillmans,

We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay.

Please connect with us when your travels bring you back to Joliet. We'd love the opportunity to serve you again in the future and earn your fifth star!