“Great location and clean but noisy”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Great location and clean but noisy”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located off the I-80 interstate, and was easily located. Comfortable bed with duvets changed after each guest (I was pleasantly surprised with this). The bathroom was very clean except for the stray hairs on the toilet tank top - the bathroom had a faint smoke odor which I assume came from the vent in ceiling. I usually ask for an upper level room but was pretty tired and just took what they gave me - it was quiet until the guest in the room above began walking around (I'm a light sleeper and it woke me). Then the guest in the neighboring room's alarm clock went off this morning and it woke me up. Don't count on sleeping past 8 a.m. when the hotel staff seemed to come alive (noisy) in the hallway outside my room. The staff overall were very polite, friendly and the hotel was very clean. Breakfast was good - usual fare.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway, but don't count on a good night's sleep if you're...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
HamptonI80, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear NotPicky7,
I’m so happy that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and friendly staff. I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a phenomenal experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the neighbor’s alarm clock and outside staff noise. We always encourage guests to let us know if there is any noise issues we can help alleviate but your comments will help us to correct these problems. Also, even though your room was clean, we do apologize for the hair you found on the toilet. Please know that this is not typical of our pristine rooms. Thank you for feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Nebraska
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Easy access to I80, good food nearby, and Hampton Inn has great beds! If your westbound Joliet puts you heading away from morning traffic flow...next stop IA. Drive up N to Jefferson street and there is less expensive gas and Starbucks for morning fuel. BTW, pretty quiet for being right off interstate...ask for room facing north to avoid noise further. Good fitness equip., recently remodeled hotel.

3 Thank GratefulMo
HamptonI80, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear GratefulMO,

Thank you so much for your review in Tripadvisor. You gave a lot of great tip for people vising our hotel. Glad you loved us! Hope to see you again soon!

Smyrna, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I would love to thank the staff for providing such a great place to stay. My room was always perfect and "if" i did have any issue they would have fixed it ..... but i didnt lol ...The breakfast was great and Michelle made some great cookies.. I will continue staying at Hampton inns in the future if they are all as nice as this one ..

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms away from the interstate side but all the rooms are great that i have been i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Eddie M
HamptonI80, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Eddie M,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel. I will be sure to let Michelle know that she is a wonderful baker! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in Joliet. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The room was large and very clean. Kind of noisy since by the highway but that's expected. It was very easy to find being right off the highway. A good place to stay when traveling through Illinois. Xx. Xx

1 Thank mhessler
Dear Mhessler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Our hotel is conveniently located off interstate I-80 for easy access. Next time you stay at our hotel make sure to ask the front desk for a sound machine so you can enjoy the waves of the ocean or rain drops while sleeping. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Very clean and friendly staff...went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. Michelle was great, gave excellent advice on area attractions. Great host! Will defiently stay again when visiting the area.

2 Thank Trek488
HamptonI80, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Trek88,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Joliet I-80. Thanks for noticing our clean hotel and friendly staff. I will make sure to recognize Michelle for her great service. We hope to see you again soon.

United Stated
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed three nights and every staff we encountered was very nice and hospitable. The women that worked the included hot breakfast went out of their way to help each guest. Room was clean. Also it was so nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in our room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lttravel07
Dear Mhessler,

Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 3, 2012

When opened the door to our "Non-Smoking" Room, we didn't even have to enter, and the smell of smoke was overwhelming....even while standing at the door.

We asked for a new room and were very quickly accommodated by an extremely helpful and kind staff member. However, the second room smelled as well. Not of smoke, but it was extremely musty.

Pros:
-Friendly, helpful staff.
- Cute towel animal & rubber duck in bathroom.
- Clean Bathroom
- Plenty of breakfast choices.
- Coffee & tea available in lobby 24/7.
- Comfortable bed.
- We stayed on the side of the building away from the highway, and could not hear traffic at all.

Cons:
- Long, black hairs all over the duvet cover and in sheets. (We asked for a clean duvet cover from housekeeping the next day, which we received, but there were still black hairs on the duvet every day, I'm guessing from the housekeeper?)
- 1st room smelled like smoke (non-smoking room), 2nd room smelled musty.
- Had to walk through clouds of smoke from smokers outside whenever we walked into the building.
- Our room was right across from the fitness center, stairs, and outside door, and there were a few times that we had to get out of bed because it was SO loud in the hallway that we thought someone was trying to get into our room. It seemed to be loud all hours of the night.
- Seating was set up at the breakfast area in a such a way that, in order to get to the breakfast room, you had to walk past tons of people who were sitting and eating and staring at you. Awkward.

I was expecting a lot more from this Hampton, after staying in a gorgeous Hampton in another city for 1 night earlier in the week. Unfortunately, we had to stay at this hotel for 4 nights.

Our family who lives in the area recommended that we stay in the Hilton Garden Inn in Tinley Park during our next stay, which they have heard is nicer.

It's a shame that the hotel wasn't nicer, because the staff was exceptional.

Room Tip: I'd recommend staying on a higher floor, away from elevators and stairwells. Also request to b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
COziemkiewicz, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear LancasterCtyNative,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. I'm very happy to hear that you found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful. We pride ourselves on our outstanding service.

I am very sorry to hear about the other aspects of your stay. I can assure you that we will address and resolve these issues. This is not the normal occurrence at our hotel. I would like to speak with you further regarding your stay. Please contact the hotel directly and ask for Cindy Oziemkiewicz.

Thanks!