“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Brooklyn, NY
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed February 1, 2011

We had a very nice stay at the Wingate in Joliet, IL. We were visiting my brother who just had a baby and the hotel was located close to his home. We paid $57 a night and after taxes and fees it was $200 for a 3 night stay Friday to Monday.

The room was clean and the staff was nice. The pool and fitness area was good. And we were pleasantly surprised by how nice the complimentary breakfast was each morning. It was a nice selection of food - both cold and hot.

I found the beds to be a little uncomfortable, but the mattress was soft and we prefer a hard mattress. Housekeeping did a nice job cleaning the room daily and providing us with towels.

I would stay there again on my return trips to Joliet.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Im very surprised with the hotel this time, i had to wait exactly for 3pm to check in-being told the room wasnt ready, then when i get to the room-the room was dusty and nasty-coffee cups were stained. no towels available in the pool area when we finally got in there. and when checking out the lady behind the desk had an expression on her face like who cares. not even a thank for choosing our hotel-nothing... and top it off they didnt even say they were going to charge additional $25 a night a hold on my checking account card..when i asked about that and why the lady didnt tell me when i checked in at the hotel about this added charge--all she could say--i could of told you.......could of...gees.should of..not good for me.
when i wrote the manager, all they want me to do is pay for another nite with just a special discount offer for an upgrade...what the hell.. why would i want to put out anymore money knowing they will put a hold on my account again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sharpwhtiger
Destrehan, Louisiana
Reviewed May 17, 2010

The hotel first charged an extra $15 we weren't told about, then a $150 charge b/c they said the maid told them there were ashes in our room full of non-smoking ppl, and then an additional $250 charge, overdrafting my account because a friend visited.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank townsend1025
GMWingate, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Joliet, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
I am sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying at our property. After reviewing your reservation, I found that you were indeed charged for smoking in a nonsmoking room based upon evidence of smoking which was brought to management by the housekeeper servicing your room, however, after management checked your room, this charge was reversed. You did have 5 adults staying in the room. Your booked rate was based upon 2 two adults, so you were charged $10 for each additional adult for each night that you stayed resulting in the $250 charge that you noted in your review. When booking through a 3rd party website as you did, there is a policy note that states that the rate is based upon 2 adults.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I stayed here with my dad while he helped me move cross country. We stayed two nights. I thought all in all the place was just average. The rooms were spacious. I appreciated the free Internet - but didn't like the fact that my laptop had to be plugged into the Ethernet cable on the desk.
The front desk staff was friendly. The breakfast was average. Personally, I thought the mattresses were hard. The hotel is a bit isolated. There's not much nearby within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2009
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 29, 2010

This was the most horrible hotel booking experience we have ever had. We booked tickets for a concert at the Rialto Theatre in Joliet and saw that the Wingate Hotel/Wyndham website was recommended to stay the night in Joliet. We booked the night for Wingate, noting that the website said we could cancel our reservation all the way up until 6 p.m. the night of arrival. About a week before the concert we were told the concert was being rescheduled, so we immediately called to cancel our hotel reservation. We called the hotel, who told us we would have to call the Wyndham website number since we booked on-line. After 10 phone calls back and forth, with Wyndham telling us to call Wingate, and Wingate telling us to call Wyndham, we were told that our credit card had already been charged and it was nonrefundable. They insisted the website told us that, but we got back on the website and could find no such disclosure. I called and asked for a copy of proof that we authorized such a charge and they refused to send proof. Bottom Line: We paid $90 for nothing, and I spent hours and days on the phone trying to find someone who would help. I will never stay at a Wyndham Hotel ever again.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised upon entering my room. I got it for around $50 on Priceline, when other area inns were going for almost twice that. We had friends staying at a pricier place down the road, and this hotel was every bit as comfortable. The Wingate was the nicest two-star hotel I've ever stayed in. While the common areas and services were par for a two star place, the rooms were as nicely appointed as you'd find in any four star hotel. Granite counters in the bathroom, large flat screen TV, Internet ports, and clean as a whistle. Not even that faint, dingy hotel smell. Loved the place, and the staff as well.
When my girlfriend and I returned to the room at night and found neither of our keys working, the night manager didn't hesitate to walk us back up to our room to make sure the new keycard worked. I'd highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank snamin
Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed July 18, 2009

This was our first stop on our way out west. Joliet has never sounded appealing, maybe it's from the Blues Brothers movie. This hotel has changed my thoughts about Joliet. The property looks clean and nice from the outside and very inviting on the inside. The room was a good size and the beds could not have been more comfortable. The pool was very clean, although on the smaller size.

The breakfast area was warm and inviting and very spacious, not tucked into some back corner. The selection was large and fresh. We will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business