“Stay at Wingate” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Joliet
LE SUEUR
“Stay at Wingate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Everything was fine except the door would not always lock. We had to be sure it did prior to leaving the room or after entering the room by sliding the card in and out until it did lock.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

GMWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Joliet, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments are appreciated and help us to improve the hotel experience for each of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sanibel Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We loved everything about this hotel. And the great cookies! The hotel was exceptionally clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We had nothing to complain about.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

GMWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Joliet, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies and your stay with us. We hope to see you again.
DE PERE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

enjoyed my stay. a bit noisy for guest that were in room above. girls at front desk are very freindly and helpfull.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I will share your comments with my front desk staff, We hope to see you again.
Fremont, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had a 3 day workshop in Joliet and brought my family along. The Wingate was the only hotel we found in the area that had an actual crib, not a pack n play, which is important for our picky daughter.

We were pleased with the overall cleanliness of the hotel. The beds were comfortable and the pool was great for our two smaller children. The staff was always friendly and helpful. They pointed us to the place with awesome pizza and made our stay pleasant.

This was also the quietest hotel I've ever been in. I never heard a sound in the hallways the entire stay. Hopefully my children didn't keep anyone else awake.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Joliet, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to Joliet, IL.
Saint Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

We were originally booked at the Best Western next door, but they had overbooked themselves and asked the Wingate to take us. We were lucky to get a room for the same price as the Best Western. The room was very clean. The sheets smelled fresh. The only negative about the room was the air conditioner was a bit clanky. I slept through it, but it kept waking my husband up. I can't say much about the pool. My husband took our daughter. He didn't have any complaints about it. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was pretty good. Probably the best hotel breakfast I've had in a long time. I didn't pay full price, so I can't say if I would have stayed there for full price. All in all, I was very comfortable there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We were happy to offer you a comparable rate. Please keep us in mind for future visits to the Joliet, IL area.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

This hotel had an excellent front desk staff for the week I stayed there for a training nearby. As a single woman staying there, I felt safe and comfortable. They were able to accommodate my wishes to be in a quiet place off the first floor. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody who is looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our #1 goal is to make our guests as comfortable as possible when they are away from home. We look forward to seeing you again.
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

The accommodations were fine. I was sleeping peacefully when at 1:30 A.M., on a Saturday night, when someone in the hallway woke me by knocking on doors and calling "Can Mikey come out to play?" The nuisance stopped after a few minutes, and I found out days later that police were called shortly to the scene. The hotel was recommended for wedding guests for my nephew's wedding Oct. 1st. My sister days later told me the reception party had continued in the lobby, and this fellow was trying to get folks to join in. My other sister and brother-in-law were smart not to stay at the recommended hotel for wedding attendees and slept through the night at the Best Western across the street. This is a nice hotel with good staff and facilities, but I'll never stay where the wedding party stays, at least not on the same floor.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a floor or area where there are not big groups staying.