“Convenient and inexpensive”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Windsor Heights, Iowa
“Convenient and inexpensive”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Staff great, room clean, good wi fi.

A bare bones type facility . The staff was fantastic, she even called after we settled in and ask if. Everything was ok. The room is not fancy but for a one night stand it is great. It is clean and has all you need. Just off the 80. Very much worth the price .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce V
Ava_Adediwura, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We sincerely appreciate your kinds. As you mentioned in your review we are conveniently located near all major shopping in eateries. We try to offer the "Best Rate" to you our valued and price conscience guest.

I will be sure to share your review with my entire team as we are extremely excited to hear that your stay was an enjoyable experience and that my friendly and efficient team was able to meet and exceed your expectations.

Again, thank you for your review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

I0071@Red Roof Inn.Com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Mascoutah
Reviewed July 14, 2014

we made reservations on June 9 in order to receive the 20% discount. We reserved 2 rooms, 1 for 3 day and 1 for 1 day. when we made the reservations they told us no credit card was needed because my husband has a red card for red roof. we got there to check in on Friday and they had cancelled our reservation. the front desk clerk was extremely rude, to quote him "my ears are clogged I cant hear what you are saying" when my husband was trying to explain that he was suppose to get a 20%discount. we checked out after one day and cancelled the other room reservation. we paid cash and they still charged our credit card over $309.00. we had limited funds and with them doing this we had to come home a day early and miss a day of drag racing. We have contacted the hotel manager she told us she will do nothing about it and if we complain to corporate she will tear up the complaint. we have also been in contact with corporate and it is going nowhere....so DONT STAY AT RED ROOF UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR TRIP RUINED AND BE TREATED LIKE A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN...THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Deanna M
Ava_Adediwura, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Deanna M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value all feed back from you our valued guest. As a Redi-Card member when you booked the reservation, you reserved it on a 8 p.m. hold. When you arrived at the location at 8:23 p.m. your reservation had been cancelled. However, the associate was able to provide you with the same room type at the original rate. During, the check in process you used your credit card as the method of payment. However, because you paid cash no actually charges were placed on your credit card. An authorization was placed which will be released by your financial institution..

When I spoke to your husband. I sincerely apologized for any inconvenience that you experienced. Your husband and I did not have a conversation about the corporate office. All calls placed to guest relations are monitored for accuracy. Red Roof Inn takes every complaint seriously as we strive to provide all of our valued guest with a wonderful lodging experience.

I am extremely sorry if you felt your trip was ruined as we tried extremely hard to assist you and your husband.

Again, thank you for bringing any areas of opportunity to my attention and I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

I0071@Red Roof Inn. Com
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have to give this place a very mixed review. My room was really nice--comfortable bed, good wifi, fridge and microwave and excellent television. However, it had not been thoroughly cleaned: there was a large plate of rotting fried chicken sitting in the microwave. YUCK. The other major issue I had was that in the morning, 2 hours before I was planning on checking out, a large man (the manager? he did not introduce himself) pounded on my door, telling me that some workmen were going to be coming into my room to "replace the windows." What the F---?! This is COMPLETELY unacceptable. Not only an invasion of privacy, during time when I was counting on sleeping, but also he was incredibly rude when I protested, and would only say "It's on the schedule." No one ever informed ME of this schedule when I checked in, and I absolutely can't believe that a guest would be harassed in this way. After half an hour, when I called the front desk to see if/when these workmen were coming in, the receptionist told me not to worry about it. But my morning was already ruined.
Due to these problems, I can't say I had a good experience here. However, I must comment on the personable, sweet, professional demeanor of the front desk clerk Nicole, when I checked in and checked out. She is a gem, and it's just too bad she doesn't work for a better place. Thank you Nicole for being the redeeming factor in my stay at Red Roof Inn. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank flyermontana
Ava_Adediwura, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Flyer Montana,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to our location. I was glad that you enjoyed our Serta Plus Mattresses and or newly upgraded Wi-Fi system. I shared your review with Nichole and recognized her for the exceptional service that she provided you our valued guest. We strongly believe at this location in "One Team-One Focus" and that is to provide our guest with superior service and clean and comfortable rooms.

I would like to apologize for the behavior that the window company exhibited while at our location. We did advise them to only install the windows in our vacant rooms. However, this was not the case with your visit. Immediately after receiving your call we did advise the company not to disrupt any of our valued guest.

Again, I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to meet your hospitality needs should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

I0071@Red Roof Inn.Com
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Went here after a long day of driving and was relieved to have great service from the guest relations person at the desk. It was a plus that the room came with wifi. The rooms were great for the $80 room that I got for the night. I would certainly go back to Red Roof Inn.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Ava_Adediwura, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your recent visit to our location. We offer our guest the "Best Available Rate" for our location and ensure that all rooms are cleaned up to our valued guest expectations.

I sincerely hope that our new Serta plus mattresses allowed you to get a good nights. We were pleased to hear that our upgraded Wi-Fi was a plus for you.

I0071@Red Roof.Com
WASHINGTON
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We checked tripadvisor before making reservations at this inn for 4 nights. It had a four star rating. We checked in then went to the room . . . we should have checked the room first. It was dirty (carpet, toilet, etc). My husband notified the front desk and the desk clerk, Nicole, came right to the room to look it over. We were ready to leave but she insisted that she would find a room we were happy with. After checking several room, she found one that she offered to us. We did not stay but ended up at another motel/hotel for our stay. Nicole was the only good thing about the Red Roof Inn. She tried but she didn't have much to work with. This place is advertised as having "new" rooms. That must have been 5 or 10 years ago because the furniture is not even in good shape. How this place got a four star rating is beyond our understanding.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ava_Adediwura, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Deborah D,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our location. Your feedback is very important to me and my team as we continuously look for ways to improve our guest perception of our location. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while choosing to lodge with us.

As proactive as we are to ensure our guest have a clean and comfortable room and that preventative maintenance is performed on a regular basis. It is a rare occasion when we miss the mark. Although we were pleased that you highlighted Nichole and her exceptional service, we were also sad that the rest of the location did not receive those similar ratings. However, we take every review as a opportunity to address and correct our valued guest concerns.

Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

I0071@Red Roof. Com
Reviewed June 14, 2014

clean rooms ..safe area...great food places to eat and quiet and
highway access..if was for a trip to chicago but instead we stayed on the out skirts of joilet....it was nice and saved us a lot of money.. i would recommend it to and one who has the time to travel 30 outside of chicago

Room Tip: pick rooms on second level
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ava_Adediwura, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Larry D,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a wonderful review of our location. As you mentioned in your review, we are ideally located right off of interstate I-80 and in close proximity to all major shopping and eateries.

We serve a vast clientele and work extremely hard to ensure that our location is quiet and presents our guest with a comfortable visit. I hope our new Pillow-top Serta mattress helped you get some much needed rest as they are a favorite for most of our guest.

Again thank you for your review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

I0071@ Red Roof Inn.Com
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Nichole was superior she was very knowledgable and very friendly and very very helpful!!!Best customer service I have had in a long time!! :-) It was great walking into the office in the morning seeing her with a big smile.She greeted me right away and had fresh coffee made.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chris L,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of our location. It is always a pleasure to see one of our team members being acknowledge for "Superior Customer Service". Nichole is the shining star of our location and she is always delighted to greet you our valued guest with a welcoming smile. Nichole and the rest of the team understands the meaning of having a "Hospitality Heart" in regards to you our valued guest.

As you mentioned in your review coffee is available 24 hours at our desk and the rooms are cleaned with all of our valued guest in mind. Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

I0071@Red Roof Inn. Com