“Missed the obvious”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Joliet
Detroit, Michigan
“Missed the obvious”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've stayed several times due to locate and accept pets but no more. Each time, except one, had problems.

Last week stay was the worst of all. Tired crawled into bed with lights off. Woke up to dried blood spots approx 6 inches area. Not mine and washed in. So large no way to miss.

Useless return certificate offered and small adjustment. But it really wasn't about compensation, it's about a genuine apology not a scripted email.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Cmhug123
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your review and we appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review. Please accept my sincerest apology. All of our rooms should have fresh terry daily. In addition no room should be in service with stained linen on the bed. What you experience is far from the standard quality that we present our guest with. I can understand your dissatisfaction and I can assure you that I will take the necessary steps to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Nevertheless, If you should have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at the the information listed below. On behalf of my entire staff, we value your patronage and would love to have another opportunity to make things right for you our valued and loyal guest.

i0071@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The location was great and the price was right. The lady at the check in desk, Darlene, went above and beyond in providing friendly efficient service. I'll be staying there again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed August 2013
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful survey. It is always a pleasure to hear from you our valued guest and an extreme delight to see an employee get mention for the service they provide. On behalf of my entire staff we would like to thank you and I have shared your review with my entire team and they were pleased to hear about the services they provided.

Again, Thank you for your review and we value your patronage and look forward to serving you should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel was average. Even though the Red Roof Inn is a lower cost alternative, I expect a place to be clean. The room lacked a clean feeling when looking at the carpet, the towels and bed covering. And if you go, remember to bring your own hair dryer and shampoo, amenities I generally rely on being furnished. Darlene April, the customer service assistant working the front desk, was very friendly, helpful and professional.

• Stayed July 2013
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. On behalf of my entire staff we are extremely sorry that you did not have a positive experience. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and I can assure you we will remedy the issue you described in your review of our location. We are completely responsible to ensure our rooms are cleaned and well maintained.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you.

Heartland Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

David checked us in, and he is absolutely the most courteous, professional motel employee we have ever encountered. Check in was quick and pleasant. Darlene checked us out in the morning, she also did an exceptional job. Thank you both. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Although our rooms was getting a little worn. Hole in the upholstery on the chair, stained bed spread, but all in all it was a great value. I would like to see Red Roof begin to add refrigerators. This comes in very handy for travelors, this motel as most Red Roof Inns did not have a refrigerator or microwave.

Room Tip: Rquest rooms closer to the office, they seem to be a little quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is the feedback from you our valued guest that allow us to know what we are doing right and areas of opportunity that we need to work harder on. On behalf of my entire staff we appeciate your kind words and thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

Monroe, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed @ the McDonough St. Red Rook Inn Jly 31, 2013. We like it because it's pet-friendly & meets our needs (Bob Evans next door too). Ava is general manager, she has great customer skills. I lost my appointment book (containing much detailed information), & called there next day. Ava said that Robert, an employee, found it, turned it in to office. Ava's mailing it to me, & I am eternally grateful! A great big thanks to Robert and Ava, trustworthy and responsible folks!

Room Tip: Rooms have microwave and refrigerator, very convenient.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is always a pleasure to reunite our guest with their items. On behalf of my staff, we are extremely grateful for your review and we look forward to seeing you agian should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

I0071@redroof.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had been driving for 13 hours and came across the Red Roof Inn and at the desk we encountered the most friendly and wonderful Darlene April. Our room was exactly what we needed and Darlene really made us feel welcome. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Portlandoregon13
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I can assure you Darlene was overwhelmed with your comments. On behalf of Darlene and the entire staff we appreciate your kind words. The entire staff works hard to provide our guest with a clean and comfortable room and it is always a pleasure when we hear feedback from our guest.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you are traveling and see a road side billboard for Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet at 1750 McDonough St. Joliet Il 60436 please note that the rate you see may not be accurate. On Sunday July 21, 2013, we were travelling from Iowa to Michigan with my 87 year old father. We saw the billboard showing $49.99 so we stopped. The clerk was very pleasant but said due to a huge area event the room rate was $109.99. You may want to call ahead to confirm the advertised rate.

Room Tip: I think this could be a really nice clean place to stay, just check the room rate first.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fullofjoy2
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review. We always love hearing feedback from our guest. In your review you mentioned the billboard rate. I am sorry for the misunderstanding with the billboard rate but I would love to discuss what that signs actually says that is often overlooked by our potential guest. The sign has a rate and next to that it says "and up" which means that the rate is subject to increase based on demand.
We do appreciate your comments regarding the quality of the room as we work extremely hard to provide our guest with a clean and comfortable room and superior service.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will stay with us should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.