“Room rate may not be what is advertised”

Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Joliet
“Room rate may not be what is advertised”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you are traveling and see a road side billboard for Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet at 1750 McDonough St. Joliet Il 60436 please note that the rate you see may not be accurate. On Sunday July 21, 2013, we were travelling from Iowa to Michigan with my 87 year old father. We saw the billboard showing $49.99 so we stopped. The clerk was very pleasant but said due to a huge area event the room rate was $109.99. You may want to call ahead to confirm the advertised rate.

Room Tip: I think this could be a really nice clean place to stay, just check the room rate first.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fullofjoy2
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review. We always love hearing feedback from our guest. In your review you mentioned the billboard rate. I am sorry for the misunderstanding with the billboard rate but I would love to discuss what that signs actually says that is often overlooked by our potential guest. The sign has a rate and next to that it says "and up" which means that the rate is subject to increase based on demand.
We do appreciate your comments regarding the quality of the room as we work extremely hard to provide our guest with a clean and comfortable room and superior service.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will stay with us should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

i0071@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was horrible! I reserved a room over 3 weeks ahead of my stay. I received a confirmation number and my credit card was charged. When I arrived for my stay, the clerk told me that they did not have a room for me! He said that somebody at the hotel cancelled my reservation and the entire area was booked for the night. (I was not the only person that had this happen, according to the clerk he had around 15 rooms overbooked/cancelled.) The closest open room that could be found was 30 minutes away. They could not explain why my reservation was cancelled or why they did not contact me regarding the cancellation.

At this point, they have done nothing to try to make this right with me. The clerk basically said that there was nothing he could do and there was not a manager on duty. I am not somebody that expects them to give me the world to make it up, but I am still trying to get the cahrges rebated on my credit card and I have not even heard an I am sorry from the hotel.

Room Tip: look at a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Keith L
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I appreciate you taking your valuable time to write about your recent stay. If there was a problem with your booking through the third party website that you chose to reserve your room. It is our duty to assist you in resolving the issue. You are our guest and we are here to serve you and ensure you have a pleasant stay. On behalf of my staff, we sincerely apologize and hope you will reconsider and stay at the Red Roof Inn. I am confident that you will have a much more enjoyable stay.

York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

RRI was a convenient place to stay right off of I80 on the west side of Joliet. Also near by to several great places for breakfast. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Bed was comfortable and the room appeared to be freshly painted. Though we were close to the freeway our room was quiet. We were traveling and this was perfect for a one-night stay. The money we saved enabled us to enjoy a great breakfast of our own choosing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. On behalf of my entire staff, we really appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent stay. We work extremely hard to provide our guest with a clean and comfortable room.

Please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

I0071@redroof.com
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Start off by saying I do not normally write reviews on hotels I normally just read them. We rented a room here on with race weekend. Got in the room the bathrooms w other than that the roads were other than that the rooms were exceptionally clean. I will give them that. Air conditioner did not work my daughter was unable to get online with her I pod. were small children could reach them and get out of the room I just gave I just gave you within an within an hour renting the room we left I told the fro also about all of the traffic outsid it appears that there was drug deals going it appears that there was drug deals going on you wrote on my return key card at the air conditioner was bad that he would not charge m that he would not charge my card for the inconvenience even though we did not stay in the room if you're looking for a cheap room this might just be the room for this might just be the room for you

• Stayed June 2013
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Pilot,

Thank you for writing a review. I was under the impression that your issue had been resolved as I emailed you regarding all the issues that your outlined in a survey that you filled out for our location. I do apologize that your stay was not a pleasant one. However, I did have some difficulties with the survey and your review understanding what you are trying to say. You mention the lock on the door and your toddler being able to access the door and escape from the room. While our locks are placed towards the middle of the door. The security latches are not within reach of toddler and we encourage all of our guest to use them. You also mentioned that the a/c was not working. However, I did explain that you were not using it correctly. The a/c is not on the wall. This is the heat vent and the a/c and heater are seperate. We discussed your daughter not being able to get wi-fi on her ipod, I am extremely sorry that she was uable to access the internet.
Nevertheless, if you wish to discuss your issues with me further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the information listed below. Again, I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience that you might have experienced and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

London, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ok for a one night stop over, fairly cheap rooms with very basic amenities. No breakfast in the morning, free parking and not too far from a Walmart for any shopping you have.

A typical one night motel.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms as there is no lift!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shirvin
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. In your review you stated that we are a typical hotel, although we would be considered basic in room amentities we are far beyond basic in the service we provide. Our staff works extremely hard to ensure that our guest are confident, significant, and delighted in our services. Although, we do not offer breakfast in the morning our location is close to all major restaurants with our neighborhood favorite "Bob Evans" being one parking lot away from our location. We are also extremely close to "Wal-mart" as you mentioned in your review.

While we do offer standard rooms, we have superior "King" rooms that are equipped with more than basic amentities. They include micro-fridges, iron and iron boards, active desk areas( for our buisness guest) and all rooms include free wifi, free local and long distance calls, plasma televisions, in-room safes, and for a small fee you can purchase movies that are still showing at most theaters.

Again, thank you for staying with us and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

The woman at the front desk, Darlene April, was wonderfully helpful and friendly, as was the gentleman who checked us out in the morning. Rooms and hotel grounds were very clean and pleasant. A great value for the price!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Joliet. Darlene and the entire staff were pleased to hear your stay was an enjoyable one. The staff work extremely hard to provide our guest with clean and comfortable rooms and superior guest service. We want all of our guest to fill confident in our product and we take pride in making sure that they are pleased with the hotel upon arrival and departure.

Again thank you for taking the time to write a review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

Idaho Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Service great, clean room, comfortable bed and good price. Refrigerator and microwave. Rooms recently updated. Water pressure not great, but okay. Only real complaint, and I do find this to be an issue even with the more spendy hotels, is the stingy towels. I like to wrap my hair with a towel which leaves me with just a hand towel to dry with. I know I can ask for more, but shouldn't have to. But all in in, great stay for the price and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl M
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to hear what we are doing right and areas of opportunity that we need to improve. I will share your compliments with Darlene and the entire staff.

Again, we thank you kindly for your review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the joliet area.