“Average Room, Better Service”

Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Joliet
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had just been down for work a month before my current booking and stayed at the same place. The rooms aren't anything to write home about but definitely are clean. Front desk staff was very helpful especially this time around. Had problems booking through the hotline number the first time (nonexistent fridge and micro that was promised) so went straight to front desk this time and Russ found me a good room for a price better than the online one. Definitely would come back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear building were being renovated in 03/2013 but probably most are done by now. Unless...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
RRI_GM_0071, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a survey. The housekeeping staff works extremely hard to provide our guest with a clean room. I will be sure to share your comments with Russ and the entire staff as it is always a pleasure to hear positive feedback from our most valued guest.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The service was really good. Darlene was very helpful in getting us checked in the room was clean,some noise from the oter rooms and out on the balcony could be heard alot of the nite it seemed like. there was also some cigarette smell.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We were pleased to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one but sorry to hear about the other aspects that prevented you from having a wonderful all around experience. I can assure you that we will address and correct these issues as this is not the normal occurence at our hotel.

Thank you again for yor review and we look forward to serving you should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at the hotel one night during a business trip. The room was clean with a flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. The room was warm when I arrived and the staff was very friendly. There were several fast food places nearby but I didn't see any for a sit down dinner. I had no issues with the room or serivce and would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for staying at our location and we appreciate your kind feedback. Our team works extremely hard to make this location a great place to stay for you our valued guest and we enjoy hearing when we have accomplished that. In your review you mentioned not being able to locate a sit down restaurant. One of our very friendly and efficient guest service representatives would have been more than happy to accomodate you with your request. We have Bob Evans located next door to the hotel and if you go east on Larkin there are several dine in eateries within a 4 mile radius.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The other reviews about the good service and the updated rooms are true. We stayed here 5 or 6 years ago and said we would not go back. After reading the reviews we gave it another try. We liked what we found. We chose an ADA room because my wife's knee does not do stairs. The internet showed a microwave and micro-fridge came with the room. The front desk clerk was very surprised because none of the ADA rooms have them. We could live with the error and were not upset. The only other issue we had was that somewhere adjacent to our room was an annoying bathroom fan that ran 24/7. I mentioned it to the front desk after the 1st night and was told they would try to find out where it was. Nothing changed until the 3rd night. The desk clerk at checkout apologized and said that if I had told him he would have searched for it himself because they are proactive to make your stay restful. He hoped we would stop back again when we return to town. We probably will this summer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn in Joliet Illinois. We are so pleased that you decided to give us another opportunity and extremely sorry that we did not locate the fan that preventing you from getting a good nights rest. I can assure that I have shared your review with the entire staff as feed back from you are valued guest is always welcomed.

Again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Joliet area....

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night for work. The check in was quick and I was able to check in early. My room was nice and warm, which was much appreciated on a day with below zero windchills.
The room itself was clean and the bed was big and comfortable. There was a nice flat screen TV, microwave, and fridge. Bathroom was clean and hot water plentiful. Plenty of parking right by my room. Lots of food options nearby. Price was a great deal!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guest who have had a wonderful experience while lodging at the Red Roof Inn Joliet. We try extremely hard to provide our guest with a wonderful lodging experience. It is our goal that every guest experience a clean room, affordable rate and friendly and helpful front desk staff that know the meaning of having a "hospitality heart".
As you noted in your review, we recently replaced all the mattresses and bedding to ensure our valued guest received a good nights rest when lodging with us. All the rooms have flat screen televisions, and new carpeting. We work deligently to ensure the quality of our product for you our valued and loyal guest.
Again, thank you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here because of the good reviews I read on Tripadvisor. I must take exception to good reviews. The room was small, the heat unregulated (very hot), the one chair looked like it came out of a fraternity house. The room had a cloying perfume smell that was used to mask something. I don't do well with fragrances and this was difficult to deal with. The overhead light was just way too bright.

The bathroom was functional and clean. The noisy fan came on when you turned on the light. The sink was cracked. It felt like the carpet was dirty, though I'm not sure it was. Since there are so many other places nearby, I would recommend passing this one by.

Room Tip: Room #112 is not recommended.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Steveg1
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear SteveG,

We appreciate your feedback on your recent lodging experience at the Red Roof Inn Joliet. We sincerely apologize for failing to meet and exceed your expectations. You have every right to expect a clean and comfortable room when you stay at a Red Roof Inn and we are sorry that this was not the case with your visit.

While we do realize that we are not a Suite hotel as you have rated extremely high in your other reviews. We do however share there same philosophy, we want every guest to experience great service, clean rooms, and affordable rates.

Your recommendation means a lot to us and we sincerely hope that you would give us another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was very, very pleased with my stay at this Red Roof Inn!! Mario D. Was so welcoming! My room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and wi-fi worked great!! Ample parking near the room and the motel was easy to locate! I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Jodi B,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Red Roof Inn Joliet Illinois. The staff was very pleased to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. The housekeeping staff takes pride in providing our valued guest with a clean room and as you mentioned in your review our free WI-FI is an excellent option for buisness travelers. Your recommendation means a lot to us as we want our guest not only to enjoy their stay but feel confident enough to refer our location to others.

Again, thank you and we look forward to serving you should your travel plans bring you back to the Joliet area.