“Nice Place”

Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Joliet
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding reception. They had made a mistake with our resveration so they gave us 2 king bed rooms for the price of one! It was nice and clean and right next to Bob Evans! Nice staff and secerity patroll the area!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Elizabeth S ,

Thank you for posting an on line review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Red Roof Inn Joliet.

I am so sorry that a mistake was made on your reservation; however I am very pleased that my staff corrected the error.

Kind Regards,

Cathy Wingler

Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for three days for the recent NHRA races held in Joliet. The location is about 10 minutes from the dragway and right off the interstate for easy access. Even though the hotel is close to the interstate, it's a quiet location The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. There is a Bob Evans in front of the hotel that made it nice for breakfast in the mornings. I did wonder why they provide a safe in the room, but not a hair dryer, which is a "must have" for most women travelers. We were very pleased with this hotel and will stay again if we're even back in this area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dragonflymomma

Dear Dragonflymomma,

I wanted to let you know that we do have hair dryers at our front desk; if you would let us know when you are making your reservation it would be our pleasure to have one in your room upon your arrival.

Our goal is to make each of our guest feel confident, significant, and delighted during their stay at the Joliet Red Roof Inn. It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

King Regards,

Cathy Wingler

Reviewed July 5, 2012

During the night this place gets pretty full if not completely due to cheap rooms. This place is clean and very convenient for travel. While at the same time the staff works right alongside with the local and federal police. A mistaken arrest was made on me due to another person having a similar name. Police came thru a locked door and crated my wife and I up like animals from dead sleep. Which we were visiting from another state.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Freedomisntfree
RRI_GM_0071, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding our clean rooms and that we work with the local police. It is unfortunate that the incident occurred during your stay. We hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Chicago area.

Interim General Manager

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed here one night so my husband could attend a concert in downtown Joliet. Hotel is very close to 2 casinos, easy freeway access and is about 10 minutes from a nice shopping mall. Felt very safe here. Room is basic but renovated and very clean. Our sink had several large cracks, odd considering it is newly renovated, but had no effect on my stay. Nice flat screen TV and linens were fresh and bright white. Bathroom was very clean. Only problem was with WiFi - could not connect at all on either of our iPhones or iPad. Tried to call the front desk repeatedly but got no answer. Just decided to let it go since I have 3G on the phone, but would have liked to use the iPad. Told them at checkout and they apologized. Said they had someone coming in to look at the phone system, apparently it was having issues with guest rooms calling the front desk. Was also told I could have called Wandering WiFi and they could have adjusted the signal for me. Oh well, too late now. Overall, I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jsc927
RRI_GM_0071, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for visiting the Joliet Red Roof Inn. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our property and all the attractions nearby. Also, thank you for mentioning the issue with the wireless internet. We will get with our provider to ensure all of our guest rooms have proper internet access.

We look forward to your return when your travels bring you to the Joliet area!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stay at Red Roof alot. I've probably stayed in 25+ Red Roofs, they are my go-to chain of choice as I'm always traveling with a dog. This is the 2nd worst Red Roof Inn that I have encountered. My non-smoking king room had clearly been used as a party spot - repeatedly. The room was very stinky from smoke and there were deep cigarette burns in everything. The towels were very dingy and stained, the room was dusty and dirty. The bed was actually comfortable (moreso than most) and I slept and left - didn't even feel comfortable enough there to shower. When I got to my next stop I unloaded everything into the washer and jumped in the shower to decontaminate. Oh, and lots of questionable activity outside too. If it wasn't just a quicky stop for sleep while driving, I would have left and found something else.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank R H

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay at our property.

We have a “Hassle-Free Guarantee” Should you have a concern during your stay, simply contact the front desk and allow us to address it. If we cannot resolve your concern prior to your departure, we don’t expect you to pay for that night. It’s what every stay should be, with our Hassle-Free Guarantee. We hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to Joliet.

Please contact me to discuss your stay I would be happy to address your concerns.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was visiting the Joliet area with a friend of mine for part of a weekend in April 2012, and we stayed at this Red Roof on a Friday night. My friend made the reservation, and I'm assuming everything was okay with the reservation process.

In general, this Red Roof was quite acceptable. The rooms had been renovated at some point within the last couple years I'd guess, and it looked decent. (A lot of Red Roofs have been renovated lately and look pretty good these days. I've stayed at several Red Roofs over the last couple years, and this one was exactly like most of the other ones that had undergone the same renovations.)

We arrived at approximately 8:00 local time on Friday night, and there were a couple people ahead of us in line checking in. Since there was only one person at the desk, the check-in process was kinda slow. But the gentleman who checked us in was friendly and personable. Our room on the second floor was fine. It was clean.

Two minor issues: First, the TV remote was kind of annoying. In order for you to use the channel-up or channel-down button to change channels, you have to be patient because it takes several seconds for the TV to actually switch channels. Second, the pillows were too thick. (I don't like to sleep with my head up so high off the mattress. Since the pillows were so thick, at one point in the night I just said "screw it" and didn't use the pillows anymore. Needless to say, I didn't get that great a night's sleep.

The check-out process on Saturday morning was quick and easy. Overall, the price we paid for the room wasn't bad at all. I just wish I would have gotten a better night's sleep.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank New_friends_GR

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Joliet. I am glad you found our Front Desk staff to be friendly and efficient, I will pass on your experience to them. I am very sorry you did not get a great night’s sleep at our Inn due to the pillows. All of our bedding is brand new due to our recent renovation including the pillows and they are very plush.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return visit to our Inn!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here for two nights on our weeklong cross-country trip. It was the most comfortable bed we found. The room was a king bed with a desk in it and was spacious enough for two people and our dog. The service was excellent and the price was so reasonable. I'm so glad we found this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Allegra475
RRI_GM_0071, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you very the nice comments! It looks like our hard work is starting to pay off. We strive to do our best and we are glad to hear we met your expectations. Please join us again in your travels.

Heather, GM