“RUDE STAFF, ROACH INFESTED ROOMS!”

Quality Inn & Suites South
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Joliet
Joliet, Illinois
“RUDE STAFF, ROACH INFESTED ROOMS!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

my very first night at ther comfort inn i saw roachsd in my room.i travel for a living so am kind of used to this happening. the following night i reported it to the hotel ''manager''. i did not report it the first night because it was after mid-night as it was and i had to be up at 4am for work. long story short the manager ignored me and walked out on me as i was talking to him. then the staff worker SCREAMED AT ME and continued yelling at m,e untill i yelled at him to NOT yell and disrespect me. the cleaning staff also did a horrible job at cleaning my room. they did not vacume, not clean sink or table, or even leave me soap. DO NOT STAY! the area is also an unsafe area from what i have seen and heard from the locals.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ladybrinx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Temperance, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2009

Room ok, neither key would work but front desk clerk was very sorry. Finally got them to work. First Comfort Inn I've stayed at that spelled out security concerns and what to watch out for.

The room was clean enough for me but my wife had issues.

The breakfast was a joke, out of orange juice at 7:30 am. No fruit. It was pretty bad.

Won't be back.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ttonetom

Travelers are raving about these Joliet hotels

Midwest
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2008

We came to Joliet for business and planned to stary for 5 nights but canceled my reservation after one. First the breakfast was sparse and stale - old fruit & donuts, small selection of other items. Then, upon returning to my room, my key didn't work. No one was at the front desk so I knocked on the door to the inner office. The "guest service" rep. came out from the office and wouldn't stop lecturing me for knocking on the door - even when I asked him to please stop scolding me! Then, when I got into my room and called the front desk to cancel my reservation, no one answered the call. I gave up and went to the front desk in person - but at least someone was there this time!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Usmoscot
Grand Rapids, MI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2006

This hotel wasn't horrible, as far as budget hotels go, but this whole part of Joliet seemed very sketchy - an impression confirmed by the fact that the hotel was robbed the night we stayed there. (Fortuantely, no one was hurt and the thieves only took money from the front desk.) Our room was OK and the staff was very apologetic for the incident, but I wouldn't stay here again. The hotels right along I-80 are much nicer and nearly the same price - we just had a great experience at the Fairfield Inn South Joliet.

If you stay here and are concerned about safety, be sure to ask for a room on an upper floor and do not use the side entrances - they aren't lighted well and are surrounded by heavy bushes.

• Stayed December 2004