Best Western Joliet Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn North(Joliet)(Great Value!)
$85
Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet(Joliet)(Great Value!)
$61
Comfort Inn(Joliet)
$105
ComfortInn
$107
All reviewsbest westernsroom was cleanthe breakfast areahot tubone night stayeasy accessindoor poolnice hotelfront desk clerkwould stay againcontinental breakfasthousekeeping staffconvenient locationil
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We checked in late and were exhausted when we arrived. Our room cleanliness was less than average...the bathroom was full of curly hairs all over the floor. Quite disqusting! The remote for the tv was in a little white bag as if it where "sanitized", when actually it was fithly and full of visible dirt and crud. It was 2:30am when we arrived and we were too tired to try to get a refund and go elsewhere, so we tolerated it because we were in desperate need of sleep. The walls were paper-thin, and bright and early in the a.m. we could here noisy children in the room next door. So much for a needed rest. Overall, we will not return to this hotel. We travel to the Joliet-Plainfield area often because my daughter lives in the area. This Best Western is NOT one that will receive repeat business from us. Much better options for the same or better prices to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sochula71
Reviewed October 7, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel, we were initially impressed. The man at the front desk was very friendly and offered us an upgrade to a king bed room, which we declined, even though he insisted that it was free. The indoor pool and spa area were very nice, and we enjoyed a bit of time there. (Note: there is an extra handle at head-level that you need to push in order to exit the pool area – I couldn’t figure out how to open the door until someone else in the pool told me about it.) The room was nice – large and clean, with the exception of a badly stained carpet, particularly around the beds.

We were exhausted after a very tiring day, so my husband went to bed early while I watched a movie on TV for a while. Our room was located right across from the elevator on the 2nd floor, and I kept hearing the elevator doors opening and closing frequently, as well as the door to the room next to us, and I think another room down the hall the other direction. I was a bit surprised at how busy it seemed to be. At 8pm I turned off the TV and tried to sleep, but it was too noisy from the elevator doors and bell, plus the opening and closing of the room door next to us every 15 minutes or so. I could hear a woman’s voice in that room, as well as the voices of different men, but couldn’t make out the words. Occasionally I could hear the banging of the bed against the wall. Then I heard a man talking outside my door. I got up and looked out the peephole – there was a guy talking on the phone, repeating “What else do you do?” He said some other stuff that I couldn’t hear, and then after a few moments, the door next door opened and he went in. I stayed there and watched out the door for a while, and several men came in and out of the elevator, either going to the room next to me, or one a little farther down the hall the other direction. You can draw your own conclusion as to what was going on.

I considered calling the front desk, but I didn’t want to wake my husband from his much-needed sleep. Frankly, I can’t see how the desk clerk couldn’t know what was going on, so I’m not sure complaining would have done any good. Even if it did, I certainly didn’t want to have to deal with management, changing rooms, or changing hotels. At this time it was about 9pm and I ended up just turning on the fan to drown out the noise and went to sleep (comfortable bed, by the way). At 1am, I woke up and turned off the fan. It was quiet for about a half hour, and then I heard the doors opening and closing again. I turned the fan back on, and slept. My husband woke up at 6am and turned off the fan. There was still frequent traffic going in and out of the neighboring room. I considered telling my husband about it, but decided to just leave it alone and get out of there, as I knew he would make a fuss when we checked out.

The breakfast was nice and included hard-boiled eggs and yogurt. The other people having breakfast seemed to have had a good stay, and as far as my husband knew, we did too. If we had been in another area of the hotel, I probably would have agreed as well. (I suspect that’s why we were offered the free upgrade, which would have put us away from the “action”, especially since the clerk seemed a bit insistent about it, and we had to tell him a couple of times that we didn't want it.) In retrospect, the filthy, stained carpet in our room ranks high on my ick factor.

In fairness to the hotel, they were not given a chance to address the issue at the time. Was it possible that they were unaware of what was going on? I suppose so, but it seems unlikely, considering the number of men who were entering and leaving the hotel at all hours. I did tell my husband about it after we left, and we sent a letter to the hotel and Best Western Corporate about our experience, but after several weeks have not had any response from either.

I can only hope that this was NOT a normal occurrence, and that the hotel staff really wasn’t aware of it, because otherwise, the hotel was fine and I would have recommended it. If you do stay here, I would avoid the 2nd floor rooms across from the elevator.

There are no restaurants immediately nearby except for a McDonald’s, but you can order food for delivery from the good-sized menu in the room. We drove about a mile east (the other side of the airport) to Johnny’s Beef, and had a great meal.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the 2nd floor across from the elevator. If you're offered an upgrade, take it. Or book a King room in the first place.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zorbina S
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is nice enough looking a hotel with a pleasant lobby area. My first concern came during check in when the front-desk person tried to charge me for a room that I had prepaid. Easy mistake to make. When I got to the room, I discovered that the dead bolt didn't work. No biggie... there was also a chain lock. Service things happen. At bedtime, I discovered a bug on the pillow. (Kind of looked like a tick) I like company... but not that kind! Later, I saw a couple of spiders crawling in the bathroom. Insects happen... it's the time of year. But when you add up all the little things, I'd have to say that I won't be in a hurry to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank GR260
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This has been the best hotel in the area that we have stayed at, and will be returning next year when we are in the area. We had a minor issue in the beginning, they took care of it, and we had a great stay.
When we checked in, we dropped our stuff in the room and went out for the evening. We got back to the room around10:30, we noticed the fridge in the room wasn't cold, we played with it a bit, and it wasn't cooling off. We called down to the front desk, but the phone was having issues. we went to the front desk they apologized for both issues, and switched our room for us, no questions asked. they did note some of the new fridges are burning out fast, and they are waiting on the repair man to fix them.

Once settled in our new room the beds were very comfortable, despite being near the highway you don't really hear the traffic outside, and our room did face the highway. The AC worked well, and wasn't too loud. The room even had a safe. We will be coming back, in the area, for the price this was a great find.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travel4Fun31
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Nice hotel, clean room, good breakfast.
Some time before my family arrived in pool area, there was supposedly an incident with a broken clock. Attendant attempted to keep us from using the pool. There was no mess, only my 8 year old was in water, and we were quiet. I believe she just wanted to close the pool area. We left slowly (the only reason we stayed was so little one could swim), and returned to our room. Where we had to listen to a loud group in pool area til after 11pm!
I booked the room online, check in was smooth. Later on my credit statement, we were charged another night 5 days after our departure! When I called hotel, manager said they had a problem with terminal, took my information, said he saw both on the computer, and promised to call 15 minutes later with a refund transaction number. Hours later, desk clerk called (manager in background), and told me their bank shows no mistake and it was up to me to fax them my credit bill! How can this be when the manager acknowledged a recent problem and saw the transactions? I am not going to send strangers (who already screw up credit card things) a copy of my monthly credit card statement! It is now in dispute with my credit card company.
So overall, hotel itself is not bad. My family was at an event for 2 days and it was a nice place to stay. But service is poor poor POOR! and sneaky.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family