“First time at the race track”

Chicagoland Speedway
Ranked #3 of 26 things to do in Joliet
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went to fan appreciation day, races on Saturday and Sunday. Had a blast, met some drivers, got autographs n freebies.

1  Thank karenk00
There are newer reviews for Chicagoland Speedway

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Very Clean facility, ample room to tailgate and park. Exit procedure after race leaves something to be desired, depending on which section you park in. Overall, a pleasurable experience.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I had our first NASCAR experience on sept 16th at Chicagoland speedway. We arrived early in the morning, and glad we did. Driving to the track is super easy everything is well marked. Leaving the parking lot afterward is a little more hectic but that is to be expected at any sporting event. Lots of people tailgating make it a fun atmosphere. Once up to gates there is PLENTY for everyone to walk around and have fun stuff to see and do! We had bought pit passes as well which was well worth it this year. We were able to see the cars up close my favorite was th Luke Bryan concert before hand again with the pit passes you were right up close it was great! A big thumbs up to the speedway this year for letting people be down and up close for drivers introductions this made my husbands day. While I was watching concert he stayed behind stage area and ended up getting to stand in one of the guys pit box which is where the drivers entered to get to the staging area. He was in heaven having people like Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, and many of the other drivers just inches from him visiting with the crowd and signing autographs before they went to stage!! Only bummer he is a huge Dale jr fan and they ushered him in another way :( When that was all said and done we had seats 43 rows up on start finish line. These seats were perfect you could see the whole track pit boxes and u had the shade from the sky boxes it was great! I must say it was a very fun day and from what I understand a lot of changes were made this year for pit passes and single day tickets things like that. In my opinion these were all upgrades well worth it! Keep up the great work Chicagoland speedway!!!

2  Thank funinsun4
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Camping spaces on turns are wide. camping spaces on straight away is a bit more crowded. Grass is nice and kept up. Very clean and staff are polite.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Once again this year, the folks at Chicagoland Speedway put on a great show. They keep making improvements each year, and I can't wait to see what they do next year.

Been to Chicagoland Speedway? Share your experiences!