“Don't judge a book by it's cover...” 5 of 5 stars

Chicken-N-Spice
Ranked #2 of 244 Restaurants in Joliet
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Joliet, IL USA
“Don't judge a book by it's cover...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

At first glace, this place doesn't look like much, but inside you'll find the best chicken chunks imaginable. Tender, crunchy and breaded without the skin (which I don't eat so I really appreciate this). They're hot, service is fast and always friendly. Price is reasonable and they taste wonderful. Don't let the lack of decor fool you. If you'relooking for ambiance this probably isn't the place for you but if you want geat tasting chicken you've come to the right place.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank VijogeJoliet_ILUSA

illinois
“Great chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

The chicken is what most people come here for, especially the breast chunks. They have a flavorful spicyness, very moist. They also have some good soups. The only knock on the place is the building itself. We usually do carryouts, the dining area could use some updating.

Joliet, Illinois
“Chicken Chunks are AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stopped in for what I heard was the most famous Chicken Chunks in Will County. I was not disappointed. The Chunks were huge with a great spicy batter on the outside. the jojo's which are a version of potatoe wedges were also excellent. Great place! I would definitely return to try the other items on the menu.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
Plainfield, Illinois
“You can't get these chicken chunks anywhere else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

In the area, Chicken N Spice is practically an institution.
Get the chicken chunks and the JoJo's potatoes, take them home and enjoy the heck out of them. Those simple instructions would solve many of the bad reviews I've noticed here.
The slightly spicy breading on the chicken is why no other place will ever due. I'm sure they pressure cook the chicken to keep it moist and dense, but a lot of places do that. But no one else has duplicated the coating on the chicken. The ketchup-type sauce served with it has a little bit of barbecue sauce in it too (or something similar) to keep the spice thing going.
It's never going to be fine dining, but what were you looking for from a place that serves "chunks"?

• Visited January 2011
Joliet, Illinois
“Will never eat here again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

First of all, the manager, Letty was very rude to me on the phone when i called to complain about an incident in their parking lot. She called me "childish" and "thanks for wasting her time" and hung up on me.

I work locally and our company orders all our parties from there and my family also had ordered their chicken for our own parties. We've noticed the quality going down hill recently of their food. They hire a lot of young people (obviously from the immaturity of their manager...) I work in customer service, and you do not treat the customer like that! I will never order food from their again! That is a promise!

4 Thank gwtw101