“Great Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
plainfield, IL
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

We had a great experience at Truth. The menu is rather limited, but something for everyone. Pay special attention to the special of the day. You will be pleased. The service was also great!

1 Thank janlyn3

Naperville
“Cozy place, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

We enjoyed it, basic, but done well, affordable, clean and better then anticipated. I had meatloaf, it was homey and good. My husband had a steak, which was done a little on the well side, but still very good.

1 Thank Stella36Naperville
south burbs
“Nice Little Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

Our office is down the street from this little gem. We have never been dissappointed with either the food or the service. The chicken ceasar pizza appetizer is delicious. Also the blackened Chicken Puff Pastry is yummy too. Our wait staff has always been very friendly and efficient. Main entrees are very tasty and well presented. We are very happy this restaurant is here, because we are all tired of going to the north/west burbs for a nice restaurant. The Truth can give any restaurant a run for its money.

1 Thank giveitawhirl
Rochelle, Illinois
“Truly a good steak, and good service - Truth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2009

We went on a Thursday night around 5:30 and got in late due to I-80 traffic. The steak was done exactly as I ordered it, and unlike some area high-end steakhouses, was seasoned properly and was both tender and tasty. The salads were fresh and tasted good, with a great house dressing. The green beans were crisp and delicious, and the potatoes were good as well. My wife enjoyed her pasta dish, which provided enough for dinner, and a lunch afterwards.

We skipped desert, due to plans for the evening, so I can't comment on it.

Ambience wise, the tin ceiling tiles were attractive and eye catching, and an array of local artwork was present on the walls, some of which was good, and some of which was average.

Service - outstanding - period. No compromises - the water person hit us around every 5 minutes, and the water tasted fine. The wine I selected was a glass of Irony Cabernet from Sonoma, which was fresh and very good. My wife tried their Cosmopolitan, which was great, and did not scrimp on the alcohol.

Overall, it was:
- The best steak I have had in around 5 years
- Excellent service
- Clean restrooms
- Nifty kitsch - there were different salt and pepper shakers on several tables - just enough eccentricity to catch the eye, but not detract from the decor.

Caveats: on Thursday at 5:30, the place was deserted, so we probably got the service of kings.

The entire deal with a steak and seafood main courses, salads, and drinks came to around $77.00. I'll be back, and have recommended this hidden gem to several friends.

Stuff to know: they have non-standard hours to some extent:
Kitchen Hours ... (Tues-Thurs.11:30AM-2PM / 5PM-9PM)
(Fri-11:30AM-2PM / 5PM-10PM)
(Sat-4PM-10PM)

2 Thank AvWriter
Joliet, IL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant in Joliet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2009

Truth is the best restaurant in Joliet. The food is amazing and the menu offers a varied selection of appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts. We eat at Truth pretty much every week. My daughter loves the homemade soups and fresh salads; my son loves the big fat porkchops with sweet potato fries, my husband loves the ahi tuna or amazing pot roast, and I love the meatloaf or one of the incredible pasta dishes offered. Truth also has--hands down-- the best martinis in town, especially the French martini and Presidential martini (complete with big, plump hand-stuffed blue cheese olives). Not only is the food fantastic, but the staff is so warm and friendly--they treat you like family. This combination of really great, homemade and fresh food, and wonderful service is the reason I (and my family) keep coming back. I love this place!