“The best place in all of south-Chicago”
Review of Truth

Truth
Ranked #36 of 253 Restaurants in Joliet
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We have been to Truth once before about 4 years ago and it was good, but in the 4 years I had forgotten just how good it is. Truth has to be one of the best kept secrets in Joliet. We went on a whim on a Wednesday night at about 6pm without reservations. They were only 1/2 full when we arrived but were full by the time we left.
Truth is on the corner of Jefferson and Raynor and if you're not careful you'll miss it. It is a small place with a décor that is nothing special. What is special, however, is the food. My wife had a wedge salad, Pork Chop and AuGratin potatoes. I had the soup of the day, Strip Steak and AuGratin potatoes. Everything was cooked to perfection. The pork chop moist and tender. The Strip Steak cooked and seasoned perfectly. The AuGratin potatoes, wow, I could eat them as my entire meal.
Prices are very reasonable as our total bill was $52.00 without drinks. We will be visiting Truth much more regularly!

1  Thank Kevin B

Reviewed March 16, 2012

good food, wine, desserts, make sure to call for reservations, just in case.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Yesterday we held a baby shower at Truth with 40 people. Both the food and service were wonderful. Teri was easy to work with on the planning. Several years ago we held a wedding shower at Truth. It was also fabulous.

1  Thank smurer2016
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is a very small restaurant with an intimate atmosphere. The food is consistently very good. Perhaps a little pricey for some but certainly affordable. Many menu options- meat, fish, pasta, etc. The carrot cake is excellent , but bring friends..can easily be divided between 3 to 4. This is definitely one of the few above average restaurants is Joliet.

1  Thank lovesaroadtrip
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were in Joliet and needed to get dinner, I looked on tripadvisor for a restaurant and this one came up #4. We were expecting a great meal but that was not the case. I ordered ahi tuna as an appetizer, it was prepared properly. Unfortunately it had no taste and a lot of fat in it. For dinner I had a pork chop, half of the chop was prepared correctly the other half was way over cooked, it also had very little taste. The sweet potato fries were good. My wife had the ravioli, since they were out of.the tortelinni, she said she had better out of a can and the most flavor came from the mushrooms. The dining room looks very nice minus the very dirty exposed duct work on the ceiling. Our waitress seemed rushed and was a little spacy. I wouldn't head back if I was in the area again.

4  Thank tmueller77

Been to Truth? Share your experiences!