“Definitely an Improvement!”

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Joliet
“Definitely an Improvement!”
Reviewed March 31, 2010

I would recommed this hotel to anyone. It is located next to the mall and any type of food. The staff was friendly and the hotel was quite. I stayed here once before the remodel and I can honestly say that I will be returning. the room includes toiletries, white sinks and oversized shower, wood floors( you can walk barefoot), and a 32" plasma. For just $47.00 above and beyond what I expected!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
soCal
Reviewed February 18, 2010

I was surprised to find a motel 6 that offered refrig/micro - and only for $3 a day. But there's also a micro avail at vending area. Vending area was filled on Thurs or Fri, sandwiches/yogurts, etc. Low on Tues/Wed. Nice location near Joliet mall and all kinds of eateries (fast food to sit-down). Best motel 6 I've ever stayed- I've been to a few in CA. I use them for price-don't have high expectations- but the awesome staff (very kind/friendly and helpful), and the room extras, and remodelling, yes big tv/cable, really put this motel above any other Motel 6 I've ever seen. The service matched higher quality hotels, for sure. I spoke to manager and she said she was new at this location - she has hired excellent people. I made an error on my reservation, she let it go. Also, we used Peoria Bus service for rides to & from O'Hare/Midway airports for $21 and it drops off/picks up across the parking lot from Motel 6. The distance is walk-able (depending on your idea of how far is far) but if you're packed heavy, you might have trouble crossing the lot/streets with luggage in a snowstorm, lol.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Holland, MI
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I got a great price on this hotel, or so i thought. First, to check in, you have to go to the bullet proof window right next to the sign that says "Canine Units regularly patrol premisis", which made me question our choice of quality hotels. Staff was friendly. She gave us a room at the back of the hotel. We pull in and realize that the spot in front of our room is a handicap spot so we moved to the next spot. There are blue tarps covering the rooms above us and we knew we were in for a treat. Expecting to walk into a newly remodled room, as advertised, we tried to keep our hopes up. Well, if it was newly remodled, I would hate to see what it looked like before. There was a hole in the wall by the door. The beds had linens from 1972, which were stained. The bathtub had burns all over it. The toilet paper holder fell out everytime you tried to use it. Carpet was filthy. Walls were paper thin and we could hear every word of the party next door. Drunk people were knocking on our door in the middle of the night. It was a disaster. We woke in the morning to find a parking ticket on my car for $250 for parking in a handicap spot (which, as mentioned before, I moved to get out of a handicap spot...apparently, under the snow in the parking lot were no parking lines) I will be contesting that. We will not stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mxmama112

Travelers are raving about these Joliet hotels

Chicago
Reviewed November 28, 2009

This hotel was nice for the most part. It was newly remodeled like was advertised. Nice looking for the most part. Kinda thought that the wood floors in the room were odd but ok. They charged 2.99 for the wireless internet. Which I am using now! lol... Noticed a few odd things. A) At night they had a guarded window like a gas station... (Making you believe it has been robbed before)... B) At Night I got up to get another pillow and a security guard came out and questioned me... and C) if not lastly... Alot of noise at night.... Doors slamming, etc.

There were alot of good things. In the room I was in we had a refrigerator and microwave. It also had a plazma screen tv which I was very suprized of since it was more of a 3 star hotel. Everything seemed to be clean... Oddly I did walk up to two workers which looked somewhat Indian. They were speaking english about someone not cleaning linens like they were supposed to then when I got close... They spoke another language....

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Arkansas
Reviewed June 1, 2008

Appearance was decent on the outside, however there was nothing above average indoors. As I went up to find my room on the second floor, I witnessed a dog attacking a maid in the hallway. She somehow got the dog into a room shut the door. This room just happened to be next door to me. The initial room condition was what I expected for paying the 44$ fair-- small, simple with soap and towels. There wasn't any provided shampoo, and the pillows on the bed were quite tiny (actually the smallest I've ever seen at a motel). The carpet had visible stains in the room as well as throughout the hallways. The elevator had trash, including cigarette butts, scattered across the floor next to some unidentifiable puddle (dog urine?). After settling in, I noticed a giant hair attached to the wall in the shower. (The shower as smaller than my shoilet in college) Upon returning from dinner I learned that I was adjacent not only to the kennel, but neighbored on the other side by the honeymoon suite. The TV volume was loud enough the overpower the adulterous drone. Wireless internet access cost me 2.99 for one day. The connection quality was amazing. A memorable stay.

After adding on the premiums for a la carte wifi, breakfast, and basic necessities, it would have worth the extra 10$ to stay at the Hampton Inn another 100 feet away. I believe they have a no-pet policy, and I know they have adult-sized pillows.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed October 23, 2007

Poor service, overflowing plumbing, broken locks on windows, price gouging. Would never stay at the property or any Motel 6 property again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank arch063
Hannibal, MO
Reviewed January 27, 2007

My husband and I stay here all the time, while we visit friends and family in Naperville and Plainfield. It's newer, clean and cheap. All the rooms are indoors, which probably helps with how quite it is. As a bonus, we get to bring our dog for free. The Joliet mall is right across the street, along with much more. Our favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse, is also there.

• Stayed November 2006