“Comfortable, clean & roomy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Harrah's Joliet
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Joliet
GreenLeadersBronze level
Joliet, Illinois
“Comfortable, clean & roomy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I get free stays here from time to time and take advantage of every one. It's a nice getaway from home. The bed is comfortable to sleep on and the couch is comphy to sit & relax on There's also 2 chairs in the room. There is an armoire w/a TV & mini fridge as well as a front closet; their pillows are small and you can find extra in that armoire! The room is large and the bathroom is too - the toliet has a door to separate from the shower/sink area. When I stay there I don't always have the best view but no complaints when the room is free. I've also had lunch & dinner in the restaurant - both buffet & sit down style. The casino is clean & the restaurant in the casino is VERY good, HIGHLY recommended! (I've had hot dogs, burgers, french fries, chicken tenders & i think motz sticks too. Drinks are pricy (as expected) unless you are up for their daily specials.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel is old and smells. Furniture was beat up. I guess they are remodeling but did not see it going on anywhere. But the room was not clean it was dusty sheets old., But the worst part was the staff very unprofessional. Very rude. Do not laugh or smile when you are on the premise do not have fun they will kick you out they will accuse you of being drunk so please do not drink on there property. If I new they frowned on drinking I would never have stayed at this property. But I stayed here knowing I was having a few drinks with friends and I did not want to drive since I know this is illegal to do but according to the hotel if you drink you really should not stay there either.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frostizzy
Sean M, Public Relations Manager at Harrah's Joliet, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience while visiting us. I can assure you we are in the middle of remodeling and would love to have you back when it is complete. As for your experience with our staff, that behavior is not tolerated. We take pride in hiring friendly and professional employees and will be looking into the matter. We also in no way condone driving under the influence. Enjoying alcoholic beverages is an important part of our guests experience as long it is done responsibly without disrupting others. Thank you for your feedback, we do take responses like this seriously and hope someday you will come back and allow us the opportunity of a second chance.
Spring, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I spent a Saturday night there for a night of gambling. We checked into a premium room with a king size bed. Great bathroom with a separate toilet area. The bathtub was very large. Some small inconveniences would be the small square pillows instead of long pillows for the bed and a small t.v. screen. The staff were exceptionally nice and friendly. Very good about greeting you first and asking if there was anything you needed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband and I decided to spend our first wedding anniversary at Harrah's Joliet Hotel and Casino. I booked through the Harrah's web site, and since I am a Total Rewards casino gold card member, my room was comped. Free!

We were greeted immediately and checked in quickly. The room was fairly standard, at the end of the hall on the far side of the hotel. It turned out to be a weekend of surprises.

SURPRISE #1 (BAD): Cleaning supplies had been left in the bathroom. It was a bottle of some kind of Smoke Removal spray. (It was a nonsmoking room.)

SURPRISE #2 (BAD): While searching for a hotel directory and/or room service menu, I found a bunch of unused Trojan condoms and a half bottle of Astro Guide lube. It actually would have been funny except for my not wanting to touch the bottle of lube with my hands, because who knows where it had been? Ewww. I removed it with a tissue and was just about to complain to housekeeping when there was a knock at the door. This led to...

SURPRISE #3 (GOOD): Before we could even unpack, a gentleman showed up at our door with a bouquet of balloons, a card from the Hotel Team, and a small gift attachment (a deck of cards and some hard candies). He wished us a happy anniversary on behalf of the hotel. This was such a pleasant surprise that I had completely forgot about the housekeeping issue just a few minutes earlier. Very unexpected, and very classy.

SURPRISE #4 (GOOD): We had a lovely dinner at the Reserve Steakhouse. We were seated at a secluded booth in a romantically-lit corner of the restaurant. The food was excellent, and after our meal, our server Tracy surprised us with a delicious tiramisu dessert! Written on the plate in chocolate syrup was "Happy 1st Anniversary." How very thoughtful!

SURPRISE #5 (GOOD): The bathtub in our room comfortably fit two people. Hey, it was our anniversary, people. :)

SURPRISE #6 (GOOD): Despite it being a crowded Saturday night, it was fairly quiet on our floor, and we slept quite well. The king sized bed was super comfortable.

SURPRISE #7 (GOOD): We went off in search of breakfast. We'd been very disappointed at the food quality of Paula Deen's restaurant at our last visit, and we pledged to avoid it at all costs. Well, Paula Deen's is now closed, and they are apparently remodeling it into something new called merely The Restaurant. In the meantime, they had a makeshift breakfast buffet set up where the Diamond Club used to be. We would have walked right past it if not for the hostess greeting us as we walked past and inviting us to the $9.95 breakfast buffet. How could we refuse that? I had a delicious made-to-order waffle, and hubby had eggs just the way he likes them. A great breakfast for $9.95.

SURPRISE #7 (GOOD): Hubby won $300 at the progressive penny slots right before checkout. It was the icing on the cake of an already fabulous weekend.

Wow, a weekend! It's only the issue with the housekeeping that prevents me from leaving a 5-star review. In all, the folks at Harrah's really rolled out the red carpet for us and made our weekend a very memorable one. Thank you to your hotel, casino, and restaurant staff for giving us the royal treatment. We may even see you again for our 2nd anniversary. :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank professorAlf
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We really enjoyed our recent stay at Harrah's in Joliet. The rooms were incredibly large, with plenty of room to spread out. The room was both clean and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious with separate toilet room and a king size soaker tub. Overall the room is what you would expect from a Vegas hotel. The only downsides to this property are lack of high definition televisions in the rooms and no onsite Pool/Hot tub. I personally like the casino, although it's nothing fancy like others in the area. There are, however, always good drink specials. Everybody on property is super friendly and helpful. I would recommend a room on a higher floor so you can see the Des Plaines river.

Room Tip: Request a room on an upper floor.
Green Features: The room had A/C units that didn't run when the rooms were unoccupied. That was the only thing we noticed.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Service here is exemplary. All staff people are friendly and helpful; there is never a wait for check in or check out. They do all they can to make you want to come back. We enjoyed our stay and will be back as often as possible. It is far, but worth it.

Room Tip: Get it through a casino host.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank leebloome
Turnhout, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Title says it all, when we talk about our 4 week US vacation we always end up talking about the best and the worst. All the hotels we stayed in ended up being nice cosy hotels in fun areas. Well, this wasn't the case with this hotel. Staff wasn't very friendly and the casino was just plain dirty, smelly and loud. The area around the hotel wasn't the best area either and we weren't the least bit surprised that two weeks later it was on the news that this was the first place in America where the dangerous Crocodile Drug was found, lots of sketchy people and drug users on the street. Really don't understand why harrah's is running a hotel here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple