“Fun Time”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Springfield, IL
“Fun Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We decided to spend a day away from all the turmoil and reserved a room at Harrahs Casino/Hotel in Joliet, Illinois. We were treated to a complimentary room and a very delicious meal at Paula Deens Buffet. The room was great with a very nice view and bed was nice and comfortable. Didn't go away real big winners but had a lot of fun...would like to go again real soon.. Also, my husband left his favorite shirt in the closet so I called to find out if it was found and could they send it back to us if we pay for postage. They not only FedEx'd it back to us but did not charge us a cent! I call that true "customer service".

Room Tip: Since this was our first time staying at this particular hotel, I have no tip other than your own pr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

On A visit to the Casino May 18th, 2013. I had the benefit of experiencing the thoughtfulness & professionalism of 1 of the Cooks' "STEVEN", who worked in the Aces Café, who took the time & patience, to make sure that what I was asking them to create for me in my order, was done to as close to perfection as possible with his care & attention to detail. I could not have been more pleased, than with this polite, gentle giant. I am so glad to see that Harrah's takes the time to hire such a professional & well balanced team of workers. Again, Thank You Steven & Harrah's.
Deborah G. Benenati

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the top & facing the river, Beautiful
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
portsmouth england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The casino is small compared to Las Vegas standards, but it has all you need on a smaller scale.
The rooms are big and clean, the staff are very friendly/helpful and the food in the Reserve is excellent.
The valet parking is free to guests.
The Sheer Bar is a good place to have a beer or cocktail and the staff are really good.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank sisteract_10
Marquette, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in here on the way to Indy to gamble a bit. The stay was great. Staff was very friendly at both the hotel and the casino! Room was very comfortable and clean. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I booked one night at Harrah's Hotel & Casino in Joliet as it was half way between Chicago O'Hare and Springfield. I booked on the internet and you can never tell what it will fully be like until you arrive. I pulled up and parked in the Multi Storey, which was free parking! Took a short walk through the casino to the check in desk. Check in at 16:00 ish was empty and i was checked in quick and smooth.

When i arrived at the room i was shocked at the size and quality of the room, great value (£49 for the night), really spacious and comfortable. I decided to sleep for an hour and get some food. I ordered room service from Ace's diner, first ringing reception who put me through to the diner. After a 2-3 minute wait someone at the diner picked up and said in a hurry "Aces diner please hold". I was on hold for 15 minutes till i finally got fed up and hung up. I gave it 5 minutes and rang back, and it just kept ringing. I tried a third time and the lady on the front desk told me they would ring me when they finished wish the order they were dealing with at the time. Ten minutes later i got a call and they took my order. Unlike ordering it, the food arrived promptly and wasn't too bad. Diner quality food for room service prices.

After the hassle with the food i decided i would just hit the hay and get on the road early the next morning. I had a great nights sleep in a really comfortable bed. Check out was fast and simple and i was on my way.

Apart from the pain with the room service, it was a great stay and i would definitely recommend it. It's a great hotel in a really random location, right beside an industrial looking dock. I would say though not to go out around the hotel at night, the area doesn't look the safest and noticed a few undesirable characters driving upto the hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at Harrah's in Joliet for one night during a road trip last week. We found a great rate on Orbitz and it was totally worth it! Parking our car in the parking garage was easy, check in was efficient and friendly, and the rooms/bathrooms were spacious. Beds were comfortable. Would go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The pillows on the bed were arranged in an asymmetrical way, which isn't in and of itself a problem, but then, I realized I had forgotten to bring a toothbrush with me, so I went to the sundries shop near the reception desk, and they were out of toothbrushes, so they checked into whether they still had any in housekeeping. By the time I got back to my room, someone had brought me a toothbrush in a box (with toothpaste). However, the wrapper around the toothbrush was open, and the brush itself smelled of toothpaste, so I was still without a toothbrush. I felt like it would have been useless to ask for yet another one at that point and didn't have the energy at that time to go to a store to get one, because there aren't any convenience stores in walking distance. The bed was comfortable, the room was big, and super affordable, just had some weird quirks come up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business