“Excellent Room”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Waterford, Wisconsin
“Excellent Room”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a great luxury room at this hotel and would definitely stay again. Didn't care for the Casino since we really lost big time it was no smoking. they did have a little room off to the side for the smokers, but no slots in the room. They are losing out because as long as people are in there they are not spending any money in the casino. Ate at the snack bar and it was ok

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank immrstigger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Southern Illinois
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel room, a luxury room, was very large and well appointed. There would be no reason we would need to upgrade to a premium room. Attention might need to be paid to small appliances in the room. Iron was broken and smelled hot. Coffee maker shocked me when I pressed the on/off button. We were disappointed to hear that our Total Rewards number didnt come through when the reservation was made but that wasnt a big deal. The room itself was comfortable except for the two half pillows on each bed. The elevators and hallways were clean and all staff we encountered smiled and asked how we were doing.

Room Tip: We had a spacious room on the fifth floor near elevators and ice machine but neither of those were n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had been spoiled by an excellent casino host in Maryland Heights, Mo. Unfortunately, that facility changed brands. We had many offers from different Harrah's casinos in the area. We had liked most of them, but we did not feel we got the VIP treatment we had received in Missouri. My husband is at the diamond level. This all changed when we went to Harrah's in Joliet, IL this weekend. We asked for connecting rooms close to the elevator for our party. They told us at once we could have that & even told us we would be on the 9th floor! The other facilities could never guarantee such rooms, even with reservations made quite awhile before the visit. We arrived at Joliet & were immediately met by the valet. We went to the second floor to check in. There were a few people ahead of us, but Michael immediately opened a new desk & checked us in. He was super friendly & had much knowledge. When we went to our rooms, we were really happy. Both rooms were large, clean & had all the amenities we could have asked for--even a view. We ate supper & breakfast at Paula Deen Buffet. It is very small & we were a little concerned it would not be that good. It exceeded our highest expectations. Not only was the food good, the service was even better. I don't know how many different people came by our table to make sure every thing was satisfactory. Breakfast the next morning was just as good with just as much concern from different staff members that everything was satisfactory. We saw both night & day managers. We had a great time gambling with the whole casino being smoke free. There was a good variety of games. The casino was crowded (it was Friday night), but there were still plenty of different games available. The Rewards people were friendly & service was fast considering how many people were there. We had been to the casino several times before but had not stayed overnight before now. It seems they always have something a little special to offer--this time a promotional Yahtzee game that got us extra comps. On Friday night, one of the employees came up to my husband & gave him a paper indicating he had been selected to receive 5 times the reward points he would normally have received. That was totally unexpected and a nice surprise. This may well be our new favorite casino to replace St. Louis. Our rooms & food were comped. Everyone in the party had a great time. We especially like that you can get your own soft drink on the casino floor. We are looking forward to future visits there & appreciate the special offers they send to us. Check out was just as smooth as checking in. It was a very short wait for our luggage & car to be brought to us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Brookfield, Illinois
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We got a comp room for our 25 year anniversary m our room was the king room very clean and kept up well. They even made us a little gift out of cards n balloons We won money but of course threw it back thats why we call it gambling. We ate at paula deen buffet. The chicken mashed potatoes and macaroni n cheese were all good. The rest not so much. So i would just eat the chicken. Overall
We had great experience everyone was friendly especially girl at front desk of hotel. Thanks

• Stayed January 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The physical plant is OK, a little run down in the rooms, but OK. The problem is the complete lack of efficiency and service. I had a confirmed reservation, which the hotel manager cancelled before I got there. Once I got a room, after waiting about half an hour for them to find one for me, I tried to order room service. You have to call a restaurant on the casino floor for food. I waited on hold for 10 minutes and the girl never came back, so no food for me. When I complained, they comped my room, but still managed to charge my credit card for $100 over the rate I was supposed to pay. FIVE days later and the charge is still on the card with the hotel saying they can't do anything about it. They really need to get their act together.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere where they understand how to provide service.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dearborn Heights
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Harrah's Joliet Hotel and Casino in mid November 2012. We were pleasantly surprised by the friendly valet (free +tip) waiting even as we arrived in the middle of the night. The lobby was clean and beautiful. The casino is small but fun and the staff is friendly. The rooms are clean and much larger than I had expected. Harrah's took good care of us; I highly reccomend staying at teh hotel. Even a family will find the accomodations more than adequate. If you are not interested in gambling you can enjoy your stay without ever seeing the casino. The layout provides the illusion that you are in a fine hotel with no trace of the bells and whistles of the casino. There seems to be something going on all the time like free concerts from small bands, business meetings, and other happenings. It was festive.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are available but they are very smoky, if you are not a heavy smoker I do not recommen...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank catlapinski
Mike M, Manager at Harrah's Joliet, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
thank you for the feedback! We look forward to your next visit with us!

Mike
Hotel Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a single night in a lovely king room over Thanksgiving weekend. The hotel is very clean and well appointed. The room was large and comfortable - very nice linens and great amenities. We did not eat at any of the hotel restaurants - but would have called in room service (Very Fairly Priced) had we spent more time in the room. The casino is very nice - free soda and coffee and a cash bar. There was a nice venue with a band playing which was a great addition to our weekend. Though we didn't walk away with a jackpot - we certainly enjoyed the games that were available. There is a lot of selection! Perhaps what struck me most about Harrah's of Joliet was the exceptional level of customer service. Each staff member we passed throughout our stay went out of their way to say hello to us or ask if we needed assistance. I have never felt more welcome at any large hotel than I did at Harrah's this weekend. We will absolutely return!

Room Tip: We didn't eat at any of the restaurant on the property, but just down the street, across from th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hist0ricTraveler
Mike M, Manager at Harrah's Joliet, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for the feedback! We appriciate the feedback and look forward to seeing your on your next visit!