“Horrible, Disgusting, Rude”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Horrible, Disgusting, Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

What a horrible experience. The room was nasty, extremely dirty. There was sticky pop rings on the bedside tables, which means they were never cleaned. Behind the tables that were never cleaned was cigarette butts and ashes. Behind the bed there was items belonging to past guests probably from the past five years, (CHECK OUT THE PICTURES) The sink was plugged up and I woke up to crap floating in the sink. I tried to iron my shirt one morning only to have it ruined by crap comming out of the steam holes of the iron. One morning the water was shut off in the whole hotel, I can understand normal maintence, but in combination with the crap I went through and bad service. When I tried to talk with the hotel front desk it was all excuses and they even tried to place the blame on me. No "we're sorry" or anything just a big **** you. I wrote a comment on Caesar Entertainment website which said they would get back to you in 3 days, never heard anything.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, horrible experience
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Nathan A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
IL, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

We recently spent a night at this hotel, it was one of the nicest hotel rooms that we have ever stayed in. Many beautiful decorative and comforting details. Great, comfy beds, beautiful, large bathroom.....room was extra large, even had a nice sitting area with couch and couple comfy chairs. The property was spotless and we had great service at every turn! We had dinner and breakfast at Mosaic, both meals were very good....(the Frosted Flake french toast is a must:) We will def be back, was a nice getaway close to home.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katyk
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Harrah's comps can't be beat. You don't have to be a "high roller" to get a free room here if you're gambling. It's the only casino in a the area with a hotel that's actually attached, no need to go outside to get to and from your room/the casino like at the Hollywood/former Empress.

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions, and the front desk staff has always been pleasant and check-in has been lightning fast and simple. Of course, I realize this is because they want to get me into the casino quickly--but I'm going anyway so certainly don't mind. The rooms could use new TV's, but it's a casino, how much TV are you watching? The rooms are extremely comfortable, clean and nicely furnished.The only negative is that the rooms are not as soundproofed as they could be, I have often heard hall noise which can disturb a peaceful sleep.

I find it laughable that some people knock this hotel in a review due only to losing at the casino. I expect to lose at a casino, and I usually lose here--especially at slots, but I have a great time. However, as I mentioned above, Harrah's comps are fantastic--they seem to value their customers and run a safe, clean, enjoyable establishment. The casino is non-smoking which is a huge plus for me, unlike the only other semi-local Harrah's/Caesar's-owned property (Horseshoe Hammond). They recently added a poker room which is a great bonus for me--at least it's a game where SOMEONE other than the casino is going to win.

All in all, if you are going to Harrah's Joliet, this is definitely the place to stay. For the convenience, I would be willing to pay for it if I had to--but thanks to Harrah's, I never do.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank errynne
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Stayed here due to a friends daughters wedding not to far away.

Check in was quick and our rooms (3) were all on the same floor. Even though we arrived early two of the rooms were ready. The last person in our party was arriving later in the evening so this was not a problem. We confirmed with the front desk staff that we were all allowed to charge to our rooms.

Throughout our stay, the front desk and casino staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room was very clean and the bathroom was huge. The room could definitely use some updating. I did miss having a desk to put my computer on. I also missed having a laundry bag to put my dirty clothes in. There was a coffeepot in room but it was not used. The room was only vacuumed every other day while I was there. In my opinion, this should be done daily. They participate in a green program. If you want your linen changed, you need to call housekeeping and ask for new linen every day. The second day I called, they asked me if I wanted to change the bed myself!!!!!!!!!!!

The bed was comfortable and the noise from other guests was to be expected. Wakeup calls were given at the correct time.

We ate breakfast the first morning at the Mosaic restaurant. Very good and very friendly staff. Strong coffee! However, at first they refused to let us sign for the charges to the room. It took about 10 minutes to correct this situation.

We ate dinner in the steakhouse the first and third evening. EXCELLENT food and OUTSTANDING staff. Be sure and save room for the tiramisu! The portions are huge and you can definitely share the side dishes.

Went for lunch our last day in the Mosaic. The pot roast sandwich was excellent. However, as usual, refused to let me charge to the room. The waiter made me feel like I was trying to steal something. Finally I went to the front desk and Brittany took matters into her own hands and corrected the situation. She said all they had to do was call the front desk and ask them if I was allowed to charge to the room. Thank you Brittany!

Loved the non-smoking casino!!!! The slots were a bit tight but I always expect this at any casino. Except for saturday evening between 8 and 11, there were always lots of slot machines available. They could definitely use more drink hostesses. I was at one machine for about an hour and never saw a hostess:( The casino had a was a nice atmosphere.

We used the valet quite a bit with all the wedding stuff going on. The car was always promptly delivered.

I would return to this hotel.

1 Thank luv2traveltexan
Pentwater, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

We had a two night stay on July 25 and 26, 2011. We had never been to Joliet before, but had the rooms comped through our players cards with Caesars Entertainment, and wanted to try something different in the Chicago market. We did not have a real good handle on what to expect, although other reviews were largely positive, and the ratings were not universally good.
Our first impression upon arrival was that the complex was small but very attractive. We arrived about 10:30 pm local time so valet parking was empty. (We were able to use valet parking by giving our keys to the front desk clerk). We unloaded ourselves since we had a minimum of luggage and set out to the check-in area. We were greeted warmly and immediately. Our room was on the 7th floor and was simply great. Very comfortable bed. Lots of room with a king bed, separate sitting area with a couch and two easy chairs, refrigerator and a large bathroom. We had a coffee maker, but did not see a safe. Our only complaint was the absence of desk space.
We played a little in the casino and found the table limits to be $5 and $10, very much in our range, and the slots loose enough to make playing a lot of fun. No wins, but that was as expected. Casino itself is small, but it seemed to have all of the usual games and slots.
Food was limited to their cafe, for both breakfast and lunch and both experiences were outstanding.
The most notable feature to our visit was the truly outstanding service we got at every turn. Every employee, without exception, was friendly and tried to be as helpful as possible. Every dealer, waitress, clerk and valet were genuinely upbeat, went out of their way to greet us, and provided great service. You always expect and appreciate great service when traveling, but our experience here was truly remarkable.
We left with a feeling we will definitely be back.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Just returned from Harrah's Joliet Hotel and Casino. Found the hotel to be very nice and updated. The resturants were very nice. We were a little dissapoined in the casino. The casino seemed outdated with older machines. It was kind of small, very crowded and not much room to walk around. Overall not a bad exprience but just expected more out of the casino.

1 Thank jenksla
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

My wife and I are every couple of months visitors to Harrahs. We have always been treated like royalty, and we are not big spenders. The hotel staff, BIG John at hotel valet, to slot attendants... all super. Definely will be back again. Total enjoyment even if I don't win everytime we go. It's great fun and thats what we go for.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple