“Our stay?!”

Leisure Lake Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Joliet
Leisure Lake Resort
Kennerdell, Pennsylvania
“Our stay?!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed one night,thank goodness that was all !!..If you want a pretty lake, stay here if you want to sleep, forget it! The highway noise was horrible! The man on phone when we called about directions needs to update his phone skills, rude is NOT the way to get people to stay at your place. They kept our Good Sam card till morning, they don't open till 11 ! We get on the road much earlier than that,so we had to stop at office, use an intercom phone to get someone to come and get our card back for us. All in all not a nice stay at all. Grounds were ok but full timers that live there need to 'tidy' up around their campers a bit. Looks like 'trailer trash'..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Nancy M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Scottsdale
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in our motorhome for one week in August. We booked our stay in March when we planned our full summer's journey. IF the manager had mentioned that we had to arrive by 7:00 it didn't register with me. Usually I receive an email confirmation but I had to ask for one and then the guy just sent one sentence that said basically "your reservation is confirmed. " So when I did my usual courtesy call before arriving to let the campground know we were on the way and would land between 7:00 and 7:15PM he proceeded to yell at me as if I was 14 and just violated curfew! When I told him we would do our best to arrive by 7:00 but I didn't realize we couldn't arrive any later. He basically suggested I was lying because he ALWAYS tells people and why else would I be calling if I didn't know. He never considered that fact that some of us ALWAYS call before arriving! He set a bad tone to our entire week and we hasn't even arrived! That was the UGLY. The GOOD was the location on a man made lake and the nice swimming area and public gathering area. The BAD were the shower facilities that were old and run down which means they are hard to keep clean. The spaces are also quite tight. Actually, if the customer service was better, everything else would have been better. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank diedrekaye
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a great local getaway for my family and I. It is well maintained and managed, and being gated it feels safe. I saw the other reviews and it is sad that someone who was barely here once could even form a real opinion on what this campground is like. I have been bringing my son here to fish and swim and camp for over 10 years and we live it. I see a lot of bashing of the management but I am truly grateful that they are strict about who comes in and out. Yes there are rules, this is a family orientated place and is run with rules to keep everyone safe. I appreciate all the hard work the employees do here to keep it clean and maintained. It is a members resort and if you do not like it or the rules... go elsewhere. As for myself and hundreds of other members this is a place where we can come to get away from the craziness of day to day life and just enjoy some downtime. So thank you to the staff here! Especially Mike! You have helped create a place my family and I have been able to build many good memories and fun times. Folks... ignore the angry reviews... clearly there is a reason they did not stay... this is not a fancy hotel, its a campground and we love it just the way it is.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank JG1023
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went with my severely disabled child and checked before hand that there was disabled facilities, both by looking on the website and enquiring. We spent a lovely day in southport easily finding disabled toilets and got back around 5:30 by which time he needed changing, I went to find the disabled facilities only to realise that all they really had was a slightly larger than average and filthy toilet with a wheelchair sign on the door! Nowhere to change or shower my child at all! Which is the basics you would expect when something is advertised as having 'disabled facilities!'

I ended up having to change my severely disabled child on a towel on a filthy floor full of other people's wee then packing up my tent and taking him straight home. I have constantly emailed and tried to call since but I haven't got through on the phone and they will not answer my emails.

Do not go here with anyone who has a disability!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Blaze888

Travelers are raving about these Joliet hotels

Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The place is clean and well run, a great place for the family. The pool is large and deep. The kids love the sand beach and paddle boats. I had a wonderful time. I would recommend bringing some good tunes and beverages. Lots of great activities and they even had a magic show when i was there last year. I cant say enough good things about this resort. I cant understand how someone could give this place a bad review unless they were breaking the rules and got in trouble. The manager was great and doesnt put up with trouble makers.

Room Tip: It is a private membership resort only memebers can go not open to the public.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Fred S
manchester
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Nice campground for family if you can suck being treated like crap. told membership fee would be waived if good sam member. thats a lie. no respect for paying customers. talk to you like you are no good. paid for month but that is the last dollar this place will get. ill pay more money to get treated like a human being.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank 767kimd11
IL
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This place is great. I'm not sure what the other reviewers were talking about...everyone there is super friendly...the staff...the campers...EVERYONE! The pool is pretty big and very clean plus there is a lake with a pretty good sand beach for the kids to play and another lake for fishing, paddle boats and row boats. There aren't a bunch of extra costs for everything that you want to do. There is also mini golf, basketball, volleyball etc. We will be back...this is def a place where you can go to relax without the kids being bored. If I could rate it higher than 5 I would!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Lacey M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joliet
TownePlace Suites Joliet South
Hollywood Casino Hotel
Hollywood Casino Hotel
#7 of 23 in Joliet
Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet

Been to Leisure Lake Resort? Share your experiences!