“Clean and Comfortable”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Joliet
Bethesda, Maryland
“Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Overall, a very pleasant place to stay. This hotel was clean and in like-new condition. The beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. For this price range, perhaps I should give it 5 stars. I gave it 4 because the breakfast area was quite small, and the breakfast was more limited than I what I've had at recent stays at Homewood Suites and Holiday Inn Expresses. The basic cold items were there, with a few hot items. However, this wasn't a big deal, and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
It was a pleasure to read your review! The title of the review ,"Clean and Comfortable" is exactly what our team aims to deliver to all of our guests. We strive to provide each of our guests with great experiences and also to provide them with "Clean and Comfortable" surroundings. I'm so happy that you found our hotel to be in "like new" condition :)
All your comments, including your comment on our friendly and helpful staff will be shared amongst our team.
Thanks so much for the great review! We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time that you are in Joliet.

Sales Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! It had everything we needed and more. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub were very nice. The breakfast was great! Anyone should be able to find something to eat here. Also, the location was perfect. I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Walkab0ut13 ,
Thanks so much for sharing you thoughts about our hotel and your 5 star review! We really appreciate all your positive comments! I'm glad that you had the opportunity to experience our great pool and hot tub, and also happy that you enjoyed your breakfast.
We would love to see you again the next time that you are visiting Joliet :)
Hope to see you again soon!

The Beach
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Nice big hotel room with kitchenette. Comfortable beds. Breakfast better than most in this price range. First stay at one but will look for them again. Good job Marriott. Mints, fruit, and popcorn complimentary. Kid friendly but a business trip or couple stay would be nice and budget friendly.

• Stayed November 2013
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Beach-Therapist,

Thank you so much for your kind review and 5 star rating! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms to be comfortable. I will share your kind words with our staff. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Director of Sales
Bourbonnais, Illinois
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel is great. I took my fiance here on a Saturday night for a night away from home. The first thing we experienced was a warm welcome from the front desk staff. Then we went to our room and immediately smiled. My fiance loves popcorn and they supply each room with free popcorn! The room has all the kitchen amenities you would need. We went down to the pool and we were super excited that they had a ton of inflatable beach balls to throw around in the pool. There was a young kid with his parents in there and we played catch with him. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom is nice. My only negative is the lack of options with breakfast. I have been to hotels that don't compare to this hotel yet they have a better breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Austin H,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We're glad to have the honor of presenting you with clean & comfortable surroundings with a lot of little extras. These attributes certainly help for a good night's sleep and enjoyable experience.

We're grateful for your business and look forward to serving you for years to come.

Director of Sales
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Right off the expressway next to McDonalds, Burgerking, Cracker Barrell, BP Gas, Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn & Comfort Suites. Pleasant rooms. Breakfast was delicious...make your own waffles station, cereals, oatmeal, Activia & Yoplait Yogurt, bagels, muffins, french toast sticks, hard boiled eggs, coffee, juice, milk, biscuits & gravy etc. Enjoyed our staff and would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sales_Manager_0, Sales at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear donnawhalen2,
Thank you ~ we appreciate your kind feedback! Our team works hard to make this a great place for our guests to stay :)
We are happy that you enjoyed our suites and our extensive breakfast!!
The next time you are in the area, we would love for you to stay with us again!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nicest employees ever! Within 30 minutes of checking in. I was greeted by every single employee i saw. approx 5. Really helpful staff and they were truly wanting me help me enjoy my stay. If back in the area.. Im definitely staying here again. customer service..... priceless

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Calvin M,

Thank you for your PRICELESS review! Our staff is always there to help you and do anything to make your stay the best. If you come back to Joliet we would love to see you again!

Thanks,

Sales Manager
Michigan
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I were traveling on business and I had a certificate from Marriott that expired in a few days. So we used it at this hotel. I am a Marriott Rewards Member an have stayed at may a properties over the last 20 years.
Upon arrival we noticed a gentleman with a well-behaved pit-bull near the front desk. I was a bit surprised the hotel was pet friendly but did not have an issue until I noticed that the dog was not on a leash. The gentleman with the dog did not appear to be a guest, rather a friend of the hostess. A young girl was at another desk coloring. Is this hotel managed in the evening by a family?
We received our key and proceeded to our room. Upon entering we both notice a very strong smell, like burnt coffee. It was strong and throughout the room. Even though it was late and we were tired we returned to our hosts who found us a new room. It too had the very same smell. My wife and I were dumbfounded. How can two room in the same hotel have such a strong noxious oder? Fortunately, an additional staff member entered the room with us. She took one smell, apologized and stated that this is one of the room air fresheners they use. WOW! She stated that there may be a room where this "air freshener" was not used. After a few minutes we were in a nice clean smelling room.
So… kudos to the second staff person for helping us. Not sure what to say about the first receptionist.

Room Tip: Check you room for use of an air freshener the smells similar to burnt coffee.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
COziemkiewicz, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Pherdburfer,

Thank you for sharing your experience and review on Trip Advisor. I apologize that you did not have an enjoyable experience with us. As you saw, we are a pet-friendly hotel. Since we are geared toward extended stay guests, this is a great benefit to those guests who want to bring their four-legged family with them while away from home for a lengthy period of time. The man and dog that you described is an extended stay guest in our hotel. We develop wonderful friendships with guests that stay with us, and they often do visit with multiple members of our staff.

I apologize for the smell in the two rooms that you entered. We have brought your review and concern to the attention of our management and housekeeping staff.

If you would like to speak further regarding your stay, please don't hesitate to contact us. We do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that we fully stand behind.

Thanks!