“OUTSTANDING”

TownePlace Suites Joliet South
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Joliet
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Joliet, IL for a little weekend getaway, and to meet some friends who live in Chicago and some family from out of town. After the last few hotel stays we’ve had that have been much less than even slightly satisfying, we were very pleasantly surprised by what this location has to offer. The entire building is smartly decorated with a very contemporary feel. The color palette is close to being primary colors, with secondary colors as accent. The real gem, though, are the suites.

One could easily find oneself quite comfortable for an extended stay in these rooms. The work area is modular with plenty of desktop space, and no lack of power outlets. Network access is both wireless and has Ethernet jacks available in the room. The unbelievably-comfortable-for-a-hotel-workstation-chair was very nice, and underneath the main desktop was another desk that pulls out, on four wheels, for working convenience no matter where you are in the room.

The bathroom had the main entry door, and then a two-panel door that allowed access to the close, which was also accessible immediately inside the door to the room. This is smart in that it allows you access to whatever you put in there from two different rooms, but you can also sneak from the bathroom into the kitchenette for the purpose of practical jokes.

The kitchenette was very nice. Fully stocked with plates, silverware, glassware, pot and pans, a small electric stovetop for cooking, a dishwasher, microwave, garbage disposal, coffee pot, toaster, and apartment size refrigerator and freezer….and they ALL WORK!

The “In a Pinch” store has a decent selection of items from snack and beverages to toothbrushes and headache relief. The free breakfast is better than your average continental breakfast, accompanied by a very nice seating area.

The entire facility is very well cared for and clean, leading one to think it is either really new, or they really pay attention to detail. I tend to side with the latter.

From the top to the bottom, from the suites to the pool, from the entryway to the knowledgeable and very helpful staff, all I can say is OUTSTANDING

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DJPlaZma
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear DJplaZma,

Thank you for your extremely well thought out tripadvisor review. We pride ourselves in our outstanding customer service and extremely clean hotel. Hope to see you next time on your travels to Joliet.

Thanks,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed for a brief few days in April. Due to some personal issues it was a rather stressful trip, until I checked in and met the front desk associate Stefany! She was amazing and what a knack she has for making someone feel like she's known them for years. The rest of the staff I encountered was very friendly as well, but Stefany made me truly feel like family, I saw her interact with many other guests as well and this wasn't a show cause she treated everyone like they were her own personal guests. Thank you Stefany for making my stay the best ever. I will certainly be back. The rooms were very nice, extremely clean, and lots of room. Breakfast was good and sufficient. This hotel all in all made the absolute best of my bad situation.

1  Thank Waula

Dear Waula,

Thank you so much for your awesome review. I will be sure to tell Stephanie that you appreciated her hospitality. Thanks again for staying at our hotel we would love to see you again under more positive circumstances.

Thanks,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Have stayed here pleasantly for about 4 months on business. Quiet, pet friendly, and best staff I have been accommodated with. Very very please with cleanliness and managers. Had one minor issue and they granted me a free upgrade to a suite to show sympathies. Cannot talk more highly about this place. Hampton next door, do not recommend. Staff was rude and unaccountable.

1  Thank airlandwater
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Janecekcustoms,

I am so glad that our staff was very friendly. We strive to make your stay memorable. Thank you so much for giving us your feedback. I hope to see you again in Joliet.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband & I were in Joliet visiting family & friends from April 21 thru May 1. In the past we have stayed at several different hotels around the I-55/I-80 corridor or the I-55/Rt 30 area. By far, this was the best of any of the hotels we have tried. Room was spacious, clean and quiet. Staff was terrific. Even the laundry room was satisfactory. Have no complaints at all. We visit this area fairly often and will definitely only stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Dianne C,

Thank you for a great review! Our entire team is grateful to have earned all of your future stays when traveling to Joliet.

We look forward to serving you & your family again soon! Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Before arriving I called to request a room with more sleeping arrangements because my sister asked if she could stay with us. The desk clerk was vey helpful and changed the king studio to a double queen studio. The room was very spacious with a lovely well stocked kitchen and large amounts of storage. The beds were very comfortable as were the nice large towels in the bathroom. We will definitely stay here again the next time we're in the area.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Thesneeks
Sales_Manager_0, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Thesneeks,

Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We're grateful for the opportunity to provide a home away from home for you while traveling to the area.

Your feedback is much appreciated. Please don't hesitate to call on us whenever we can be of service.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Got bumped from the Fairfield Inn next door (due to a mechanical problem) just after midnight after a horrible travel day. I was prepared to be grumpy and demanding when I had to use the foyer phone to attract the clerk/auditor's attention, but as I approached the front desk, she greeted me by name and said "we've been waiting for you!" She had my keys ready, and she walked me to the elevator, letting me know that she would have breakfast set out a little early if I was interested, and getting my wake-up call time just as the doors closed. She single-handedly turned my night around, and I slept far better because of it.

The room was clean spacious, and amenities were good quality. Very quiet, even with the usual extended-stay early risers. Didn't use any of the kitchen items, but they looked new and well-stocked. Breakfast looked like standard fare, including cook-your-own waffles and a variety of fruits and breads.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jem196204,

On behalf of the entire team atTownePlace Suites Joliet, I would like to personally thank you for your very kind feedback and endorsement of our staff and property. We appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon. I will make sure to share your comments with the entire team!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Towneplace Joliet is a nice, quiet and clean hotel with everything needed in a room, a good comfortable bed, flat screen tv, sofa, office area with lots of space, a clean bathroom and a perfect size kitchen; it is a good place to rest! hotel also has a gym and a pool. Friendly and helpful front desk service!

Dear Marylovesrivier,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. I will make sure to share your comments with the entire team!