“Great hotel”

TownePlace Suites Joliet South
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Joliet
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Great hotel. It was nice, clean, and family friendly. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I'll be back here for the next nascar race and will defitntely stay here. I felt very safe and even the guests were very friendly too.

Tip for Nascar fans: if you are not familiar with the area and you take a taxi to and from the race, make sure you know where your taxi will pick you up. We walked for a LONG time before we found our pre-arranged taxi and he almost left without us becauseit took us so long to find him.

Tip for waffle maker: Don't put too much spray on the waffle iron or you will cause the fire alarms to go off. There were a lot of angry people at 6:00 am.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonI80, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear TravelerFamilyof5,

Thank you so much for your tripadvisor review. I will make sure to pass along your tip for the waffle maker so that other guests do not have the same experience. I am glad that you felt that our hotel is very family friendly. Our goal is to make you feel like our hotel is "your home away from home". I hope you come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

A very nice place to spend a few nights ,,my husband and I celebrated our wedding Anniversary at this wonderful Hotel , a great place to get away from the city,,, If you are looking for someplace to go to get away from it all Townplace Suite is the place to go.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonI80, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Vivian I,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for staying with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself. We would love to have you back!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I had to move here because the Hampton Inn was terrible. And man i wish i would have stayed here from the beginning. Friendly staff, very helpful and extremely clean. A small kitchen in every room. and it was cheaper than the Hampton.

I will come back here again!

Room Tip: Sorry, there all great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Itravelalot2011
HamptonI80, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear ltravelalot,

Thank you for review to Trip Advisor. I am glad our staff made you feel welcome. We pride ourselves on our clean rooms. Hope to see you on your next trip to Joliet!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was a very nice property. Everything was clean, fresh and modern. The little kitchen was so nice to have. The staff was helpful. I would go to this property anytime. There were a couple of places you could walk to get something to eat and a little bar not to far. This property stands up to the Marriott name as far as quality goes.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HamptonI80, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Katie458,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed there 2 nights and were very pleased. Every staff member we met were so kind and helpful. Only small "complaint" I would have, is the breakfast offerings were blah. Same old waffle maker you see at every hotel and not a lot more was offered. Well, same old bagels/boiled eggs and oatmeal. I have had much better breakfasts at other Marriotts. But I would definitely stay again and would recommend it. I also like that it felt safe, even though it was located off a busy interstate (I-80).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Noel P,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel. I am so glad you were pleased with our hotel. Our complimentary breakfast also offers jumbo muffins, yogurt and a variety of cereals. We would love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel is a little difficult to get to but worth the challenge!!
Very professional and staff and check in was excellent. The room was as described and all my special requests were met. (Near elevator, extra pillows) The room is designed for long term although I was there only a week, those appointments are were greatly appreciated. There is a full size refrigerator, cook top, microwave, toaster and all the cooking and eating supplies provided. Tons of storage all around and the beds were comfy enough. loved the linens and towels.
I had two queens and there was a radio alarm by both beds! How handy is that? Lots of electrical outlets and the work station was great. Housekeeping was good.
Only real complaint was the TV was in an odd location for the room design but it worked.
The breakfast area was clean and well stocked, but not a huge selection of hot items. Mostly cereals, yogurt, bagels, fruit etc. It was typical selections for that level of hotel, so no real complaints.
ALthough I didnt use them I walked past the pool and workout area everyday. The pool was large and clean and the work out room was well designed with lots of good equipment.
Overall it was excellent accomodations and in most ways exceeded my expectations.
There is a Cracker Barrell restaurant in the immediate location also some fast food locations right there too.
Real convenient to downtown joliet and to Hwy 55.
I will not hesitate do book this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HamptonI80, Manager at TownePlace Suites Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Susieq1047,
Thank you for so much for your review on trip advisor. We appreciate you choosing our hotel when visiting the Joliet area. I am glad you were greeted by our friendly staff that accommodated your special requests. I see that you felt that our hotel was difficult to find, next time you visit our hotel please call us directly and our "local expert" guest service staff will be happy to direct you. Please feel free to rearrange your moveable chair and desk to where you see fit to view the TV next time. I'm glad you enjoyed our morning break breakfast it is all set up for you to be able to grab and go and eat anywhere you please. Thanks again we hope to see you soon in Joliet!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

For what we paid I was perfectly happy withe our accommodations and service. Our "studio suite" had everything, including a full kitchen/fridge. 1 area had a pullout bed while the other held a queen. Perfect for two people who need their own sleeping arrangements. The room was actually bigger than some 1 bedroom apartments, which is funny. Each room had it's own TV which is a huge plus. Cleanliness was up to par as well.

We made sure to make good use out of the hot tub and pool area. If the price came down a bit we'd have it as our number 1 spot in Joliet.

Located near a few fast food options and a gas station.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Travel4Paintball,

We appreciate your review on the TownePlace Suites Joliet! We are so happy to hear that you found the hotel to have a strong value for the price. Cleanliness is also an aspect that we pride our hotel on having, so I'm pleased that your room was spotless. We hope that you'll come back and stay with us again if ever in the Joliet area.

Thanks again,