“When it's good, it's very good”
Review of Fran & Marilyn's

Fran & Marilyn's
Ranked #12 of 33 Restaurants in Jerseyville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 24, 2013

There are some things that are average or so but some things are great. If you can get the potato salad(Fridays) fish fritters, and apple pecan pie-also a great raspberry cobbler. I would ask if what you are ordering is home made and order the things that are. Every time we have been the service has been good.

1  Thank Wekick

Reviewed January 17, 2013

poor service, girl bringing my food was sweating profusly took forever to get my food. price was ok though

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We went to Fran & Marilyn's for breakfast on a Saturday morning. I ordered the chicken fried steak. I thought that I might get something homemade. WRONG. This was a frozen thing that had a tasteless gravy poured over it. My husband had french toast which he said was OK.

The place had a weird vibe. When we stepped in, the regulars and locals all stopped to watch us walk in the place. I hate that.

When I went to use the restroom I saw that there was a small steam table outside of the bathroom doors. It had some kind of breakfast buffet. Not much variety - maybe 6 choices. I wouldn't have ordered it, but nobody told us that it was available.

I won't be back.