“Nice addition to DY” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dee Why, Australia
“Nice addition to DY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Went for the third time since opening last night.

Still crazy busy, could only fit us in at 8pm on a Sunday when booking that afternoon. I walk past it on the way home from the office and it's pretty packed most days it's open from 6.30 onwards.

Popular with young families until 8 and then the couple take over. With a couple of groups you're down to only about 5 tables so it's a pretty small joint.

Food is good and cooked to order, no reheating. Does mean that it can take a while, I've waited from 25 - 60 mins in the past depending on the flow. Suspect there is the one chef.

Service is, shall we say, laid back. You get all you need but it can take a while.

Wife and I can get out for under $50 easily (with tip). BYO is $2.

Good spot, leaning towards very good. Way above average.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Lovely food and reasonable price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I absolutely love the Mexican table, my boyfriend and I have been going there since they opened and the food and the service its always outstanding. I would strongly recomend it.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Mariana N
London, UK
“Brief bright flame...is out”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

When it first opened - great vibe, great food, decent prices

I went back with my father who lives in the states - promised some decent Mexican food. The service was fine, but we are sitting in a simply designed restaurant on Pittwater road in Dee Why on Friday night - half full.

Prices - $14 for a Margarita and $50 for Fajitas. You can get away with that in central Manly, Surry Hills IF you deliver great food, great atmosphere. Food was not good and took forever to get to the table

I am worried for the fate of the mexican Table

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Luc L
Sydney, Australia
“excellent food, friendly staff, good atmosphere, top rate mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

we had a lovely meal. had the tasting plate so got to try new stuff - $35 for a main for us to share. Entree was 3 dips - very nice. Strawberry margrita was nice, sangria a bit too much red wine for my taste.
nachos were average - but everything else had a lovely flavour, came quickly.
we got a table at 7pm. There were none left and people were turned away.

All the foods had a different flavour - the jalopenos stuffed with cream cheese, lightly floured and fried were an unexpected pleasure. no greasy food, nothing you would not enjoy. we were jealous of the food others got - so have to go back. A menu to work your way through, and affordable to do so.

family friendly, kids were enjoying it and had kids meals.
not open Mondays, they have take away

• Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Dee Why Mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had a great meal at this tiny Mexican restaurant on the main road in Dee Why. Prices are good and the service was fine. The food was amazing. Really fresh flavours and their salsa is the best I've had. Our preteens loved their mocktails and we couldn't go past their grown up drinks.

• Visited January 2014