“what a place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff are all friendly and helpful and rooms are clean and comfortable nice size television good desk/work space I recommend staying here to all that travel and what a nice place to stay nice size pool and spa the beds and pillows and wonderful breakfast and I am not even a breakfast person usually they are willing to accommodate pets and the air conditioning in the rooms will about run you out

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you Ryan for your great comments about our hotel! It is our pleasure to make you and your family feel as comfortable as possible during your stay. Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations. We appreciate your business and your kindness.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was a family vacation on our way to Kansas City. We had 2 rooms here. We were allowed early check in. I can't say anything bad. Check in was fast. Staff was very nice, and the rooms were excellent. Location was near resturants and other stores. I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

I am pleased that you had a great experience at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments. Whenever possible, we try to check guests in who arrive early. We hope to see you again if your travels take you to Jacksonville.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a very clean, comfortable hotel with a friendly staff. Everything was exactly as you would expect at an HIE. It is close to Interstate 72 with a gas station/convenience store/Quiznos located on adjoining property. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the breakfast was good. The first morning I left a $5 tip on the bed and came back later in the day to find it on the desk with a thank you note from housekeeping explaining that they couldn't take it without a note saying that it was for housekeeping.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your last stay with us. Our goal is to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible. Thank you for your kind words about our housekeeping staff. They do a great job and I will inform them about your comments. Thanks again and hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I got in to Jacksonville sooner than expected and even though it was 12:30 pm I thought I would see if my room might be ready so I could drop off my luggage. The Desk clerk was very friendly and got me in my room. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and it had a nice flat screen TV as well as a good sized fridge. Everything is well kept and clean. The breakfast room is terrific with a great selection of hot and cold items. I couldn't resist the warm cinnamon rolls. I had to be up early and even though I was told breakfast started at 6:30am almost everything was out at 6:15 which was great for me. Even though the location is out near the highway it was an easy couple of miles into town. There is a gas station/store and Quiznos in the same parking lot.
I was on the second floor and could here someone stomping around above me quite clearly but fortunately they didn't stomp too much! Hallway noise can be heard easily as well, but for the most part it is a nice quiet hotel. There is a movie theatre close by as well. I would definitely stay here again. The parking lot is large and most spots are close to the entrance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank INTANDEMBIKES
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

We appreciate your positive comments regarding your last stay with us. We strive to have the cleanest and friendliest hotel possible. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us. Hopefully we'll see you again when your travels take you to the Jacksonville area. We'll have the hot cinnamon rolls waiting for you!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I travel weekly delivering chemicals an have stayed at some bad hotels. When you find a good one it makes you feel like you are home.David,Ronette and everyone else make check in and my stay a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for writing such a complimentary review. Our goal is to make our hotel feel like a home away from home for our guests. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future. Thank you for your loyalty and business.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were recently caught in a Spring snowstorm. This was the only hotel that had their parking lot cleared so travelers could get in. We found a diamond in the rough.
The staff was very pleasant. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was exceptional and it was staffed so nothing ran out .Perks were the pool and hot tub area exceptionally clean. Also exercise room was clean and not overheated like many I have found that are next to pool areas.
They also knew who was still delivering pizza during the storm,(Leo's) and their food was hot and tasty!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I am pleased that we could provide a safe, quite space for you in a difficult time. That was quite a snow storm! We strive to have an exceptionally clean and friendly hotel. If your travels take you to the Jacksonville area again in the future, we look forward to having you stay with us again. Your comments are extremely helpful in allowing us to better serve our guests. Thank you.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The staff is very accomodating and personable. The rooms are always clean and I've never had an issue with any room being unprepared for my stay. Free breakfast is also a huge perk! Reasonable prices and convienent locations right off of the interstate.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments. I'm glad that you find our complimentary breakfast an added value to your stay. Our focus is on cleanliness and hospitality. We strive to be a home away from home for our guests. We appreciate your business greatly and sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us.