“Room Upkeep”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Jacksonville
Leavenworth, Washington
“Room Upkeep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

The first issue was that we booked through Expedia approximatley 2 1/2 weeks in advance, reservations were confirmed, on arrival we find out that Expedia has messed up the payment of the reservation and that the possibility of getting the room is in question. The staff was great in that they were able to get everything straightened out with Expedia. We had special request for a handicap unit and it was honored. Our charges were less than the Expedia quote by a significant amount.

There was an issue with the cleanliness of the room, there was absolutely no vacuuming taking place in the room, the carpet was extremely dirty. The shower system in the handicap shower was very difficult to use plus it leaked at the connections. With the rates that are charged for the rooms one would think that replacing the soap and shampoo each day would be a normal occurance. Having worked in the hospitality industry it is my opinion that a little more care could be taken to insure the cleanliness of the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you choosing to stay at our hotel while you were in Jacksonville. We strive to provide the best customer service possible for our guests. I am pleased that you felt we handled your reservation issue promptly with Expedia. I apologize for the issue(s) that you experienced with your guest room. We work very hard to have our hotel be as clean as possible. Our head housekeeper has been informed about this situation. We will take the necessary measures to assure that this does not occur in the future. Hopefully, we will be fortunate to have you stay with us again in the future. We will do our best to exceed your expections during your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sunnyland, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a nice, friendly, place i call home one night a week every week for the last two years. La Rissa, of guest services is really knowledgable and friendly. Always willing to make your stay the as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: I have been in a lot of the rooms, they are all very nice. If you are a light sleeper, get a room o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments. Our goal is to provide excellent hospitality at our hotel. Thanks for choosing to stay with us weekly for over a year! We're glad you are here and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I always stay here when visiting family in the area. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean. Also - I'm not sure what kind of mattresses they have in their rooms, but I always sleep well and wake up refreshed.

Room Tip: Suites are very roomy if staying with a family.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us each time you return to Jacksonville. We appreciate your loyalty. I will inform our housekeeping staff about how clean you found your room to be! I hope that we will see you again soon in the future. Thanks again for taking the time to write such a positive review.
Vernon Hills
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I booked a room under a "locked-in rate". I now have to cancel. I called (48 hours in advance of my stay) and was told that while they are more than happy to "cancel" my room, they will still be charging me $130 because of said "locked-in rate". When booking there was no notice/warning that cancellation would result in such an egregious raping, but why would there be? Who in their right mind (with clear advance warning) would book a hotel room that they would be unable to cancel without being charged the entire price of the room?

Clearly this is a profit center meant to bilk money from their would-be customers who mistakenly book one of their already over priced rooms under a locked in rate. This whole policy seems counter-intuitive to good business. For example, I had to cancel a room for this weekend, but I will be making the trip in the next month and at this point I'd rather stay at a Y than give this company another dime.

Way to lose a customer with your fascist policies Holiday Inn. And just for the record the only reason you received even one green dot is because it's required to submit a review.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank freiburg370
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear freiburg370,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding the confusion on the hotel booking policy on advance purchase rates. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. Thank you again for your comments.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a baseball tournament, the location was good, in the outskirts of yhe msin strip which made it convient for my family, the rooms were clean, breakfast was good, good selection fot continental, the service was great, was definatrly happy with my stay

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank b_YOU_tiful
I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I appreciate you posting such a positive review about our hotel. Hopefully we will see you again on your next baseball trip to Jacksonville.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Recently stayed here for a baseball tournament at Lenz Field. Stayed in a suite which was adequate for my family of five with 3 kids under age 11. Breakfast was good, pool was good and location was about 10-15 minutes away from shopping and restaurants. There is a Quiznos and a convenience store that sells beer and liquor right across the parking lot. Staff was friendly and very accommodating. We were able to use the main lobby and breakfast area until 10pm, and when our meetings ran over, they were nice enough to open up the meeting room for us. They have a policy for the teams, no players allowed roaming the halls or the hotel causing mischief, or their team is reported to the tournament official and possibly ejected. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank mutha03
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Well first of all we made our resvervations a month in advance knowing we had a travel ball tournament in Jacksonville and this where team staying. We booked a suite that turned out to not be so sweet. Let see, the first night of our 2 night stay, the air conditioner was broken and it was like 90 degrees out this weekend with heat advisories and room was like 85 dgrees, the toilet was broken and running all the time, and 3 of lights burned out in our SUITE. We complained but apparently there was nothing they could do but give us a fan ( yes you read right, a fan, we have pictures of it as our air conditioner) for an adult and 3 kids. They said they fixed toilet and you have to push handle back up after flush, real conducive to 3 kids. The next day after talking to the Manager, Michael Flynn ,who took down the room number and said he would take care of it, he fixed the air conditoner, but the toilet still not fixed right and bulbs still burned out and our room was never service and cleaned to boot. Still had full trash cans, smelled like the trash and no towels. This is in a suite. Apparently, he is not concerned with the customer as they had every opportunity to make it right. We are priority club members as well as AAA members. Believe me when i say just check your room first before you pay and stay .

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank IndyMcFamily
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
We strive to provide the best service possible at our hotel. It distresses me greatly that your recent experience was less than perfect. Please accept my sincere apology. Our guests come first and we make every effort to solve any issue that may arise. We appreciate your patronage. If you have time, I would like to speak with you directly so that I may better assess the situation. My number is 217/245-6500. Your comments have been duly noted and we will make every effort to alleviate such problems in the future.