“Nice Hotel, Good Price”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Jacksonville
Staten Island, New York
“Nice Hotel, Good Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn Express twice this year, in August and back in January. My Grandmother lives in Jacksonville so I make the trek from NY a couple of times a year. I used to stay at the Hampton Inn but after staying here in January I decided this hotel was just as nice, had a better price and was much more convenient getting on and off the highway (it's just off the exit). Free breakfast has lots of options, pool area and workout room are nice size. Bedrooms are up to date and clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Jacksonville or nearby towns.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you for making the Holiday Inn Express your hotel of choice while in Jacksonville. We are located right off the Interstate and are the newest hotel in town. Hopefully, we will see you again on your next trip from NY.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Okemos, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Everything a motel on the interstate should be. One of the best continental breakfasts we've had; the attendant was very friendly and diligent. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. All the public areas, and our room, were in perfect condition.

Other than a Quiznos and a diner, all the restaurants etc. are around 3 miles north, on Morton Ave. in South Jacksonville. There's a coffee shop just to the right on Morton.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments about our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service to our guests. I am happy that you had an enjoyable time while you were here. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to the Jacksonville area.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

While your options in Jacksonville are slim, the Holiday Inn is just an ok option.
The hotel walls may as well be paper because you can hear everything going on next door, upstairs, outside, etc. The hotel is very loud! The staff is not overly friendly and seemed annoyed with our large group using the "common area" to socialize. We were asked to move to the parking lot! The decor in the room seemed outdated and the carpet needed cleaning. Better attention to the corners of the room, there were dust bunnies and junk that just needed to be vacumed up. The bathroom was clean and the countertops and shower were newer. The pool is small but served its purpose. The free breakfast is just that, free and your basic continential bfast. My complaint is that they jacked up our rate from $89 to $125 even though we reserved a block of 10 rooms. They claimed it was the "best rate" they could give, yet others in the bfast room boasted about their $89/nt rate! That is NOT fair, so be careful when negotiating your room rate!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

I had to accept defeat to a rain storm while traveling one night. I pulled off the interstate and stopped at the first place I saw hoping that there was a room available.
The hostess was very kind and personable even though it was late. She had a room available and checked us in right away. I was hesitant to open the door, even though the lobby and halls were very nice. I hadn't checked any reviews and had no idea what to expect.
I was met by a sweet smell, almost floral but not overly offensive. The room was VERY clean, the beds were very soft. I didn't have to mes with the AC, the room temp was *perfect* all night long.
One of the best hotel experiences, considering that it could have been the extreme opposite. I was very pleased and hope to some day need to stop there again.
Outstanding. I have nothing to complain about.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Southern Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2010

I stay frequently at Holiday Inn Express Hotels (Priority Club Member). This one was slightly better than the average HI Express. I would stay again if I'm in the area for business. No problems. I like it that way.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Naperville, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2009

This was my first stay at a Holiday Inn Express on my own as a Priority Club member. I stayed here for a weekend, Friday and Saturday nights. I arrived late on Friday, around 1:30am, and had called a few hours earlier to let them know I would be coming in late. I received a suite instead of a regular room, with a fridge, microwave and pull-out sofa. However, they must have given me the last room they had: right off the lobby, by the elevator and ice/vending machines, and near some air handlers outside by the window. The result was a lot of noise. I didn't complain because I usually sleep like a rock. The only times I was bothered were when people came in late and talked loudly like they were still in the lobby, and on Saturday morning for breakfast (I was hoping to sleep in but could not get back to sleep after 8:30 because of the noise).

It is a fairly new hotel, only a couple years old. Desk staff was helpful in finding local restaurants. This is a nice enough place if you're ever stuck in west-central Illinois, and it's probably quiet if you don't have a room right off the lobby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2008

We wound up at the Holiday Inn Express after a debacle across the street at another hotel (Boooo!). As it turns out, they had one room left due to a cancellation.

The hotel itself is newer, very neat, and has a pool. Our room was mostly comfortable, although we had an issue with the AC, which would shut down periodically for about 15 minutes and then reset itself, leaving the room alternating between stuffy and chilly -- nothing that interfered with sleep, but a bit of nuisance.

When we called the front desk (PM staff were very friendly), someone came down and tried to fix the AC. They were talking to each other to see if there had been any reports of AC problems with "that room", which led me to believe there might have been incidents with other rooms (makes sense, they probably all have the exact same units in each room).

Breakfast was nice, not just your usual starch buffet, and included hot items such as eggs, sausage, biscuits, and sausage gravy. The lobby/breakfast area was also nicely appointed with a flat screen TV above the faux fireplace, and provided a decent 'living room' when company came to visit.

The one down side was the lack of service from the afternoon staff when we checked out. For a hotel that has signs everywhere indicating that they will do everything they can to make your stay comfortable, the woman behind the desk expressed no interest or concern when I relayed the problem with the A/C, only indicating that it had been noted up at the front desk.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank comaplate