“Better than average...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Jacksonville
Boston, MA
“Better than average...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

I stayed at this Hampton Inn location in June 2009 to attend my grandfather's funeral. The lady at the front desk inquired about my visit and then I told her she immediately lowered my nightly rate to the bereavement rate, without me even asking. About a half an hour later she called up to my room just to see how I was settling in.

I really can't say how much this meant, it was a small gesture that I did not expect, but I was surprisingly moved by her kindness. The hotel itself has a nice pool and jacuzzi, and the rooms are extra comfortable compared to other hotels in this price range. Just from driving around Jacksonville I could see that this is probably the nicest accommodation in town. I hope they keep up the good work there. I would recommend this hotel for families travelling in the area. It's not on the freeway but it's worth the short extra drive for the comfort, the breakfast, the exercise bikes and the proximity to a restaurant out front (not a part of the hotel).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

We travel a lot and have stayed in many hotels, but this is an exception to the regular hum drum hotels. Granted rooms are small, but this place is home to us. We stay here every time we visit our daughter and brand new granddaughter. Beds are comfortable, rooms are extremely clean, and the full breakfast is very good! You can go down any time day or night and get a piece of fruit or an excellent cup of coffee. The last time we stayed, I forgot my plug to my laptop and they had some extras and let me keep a plug that matched my computer! I wouldn't even consider staying anyplace else while visiting this area, and always look forward to our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Lynn Center, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2008

This is probably the best Hampton Inn I've stayed in. The property was very clean, the room comfortable (especially the bed!) and nicely furnished. The bathroom was beautiful compared to other hotel bathrooms. I liked the hot and cold items included in the free breakfast. What really impressed me was the warm temperature of the water in the swimming pool. It was so comfortable after a long day traveling on the road. Staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Room was well appointed and comfortable
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2007

This is an excellent hotel (by far the best hotel in Jacksonville). It is very new and in excellent conditon ans close to all restaurants and services including a nice Applebee's across from their parking lot! Staff are very responsive and helpful. Kudos for their decision to go completely non-smoking in 1/08 even though I had a non-smoking room and there was no evidence of secondary smoke in the pulic areas of thr hotel!!

• Stayed October 2007
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2007

This was one of the best Hampton Inns we've stayed in. Set back from the busy main commercial street, it was just a short walk through the parking lot to an Applebee's Restaurant. One of the motel staff even came to our room to help get the wireless internet hooked up. Fine breakfast layout. We were very impressed by the Hampton Inn, somehwat off the beaten path.

Stayed June 2007
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2007

We were so surprised and delighted at the quality of care in this hotel. The staff were very helpful and concerned about our satisfaction. The king suite is exceptional in decor, cleanliness, and spaciousness. The front lobby is one of the nicer Hampton lobby's, and the pool area was nice, also. Breakfast included hot and cold items.

We've been traveling to Jacksonville for years and this hotel is a real step up for the town. A very nice surprise after years of inferior hotel stays!

• Liked — Cleanliness with style and amenities
  • Disliked — Outside is plain, inside makes up for it. The turn into the driveway is tricky to find
  • Tips/Secrets — The turnoff is just west of Applebees.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 50statetraveler
Madison, WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2006

I have been travelling to Jacksonville, IL for years and was excited to see a Hampton Inn being built in town.m I ypically spend 3-4 nights a month in Jacksonsville. The hotel is nice and looks like a typical Hampton. The wireless worked great and the exercise facility is ok. The staff was very friendly, but not completely familiar with the computer system as the hotel only opened a few months ago...

Now for the bad part, I have only stayed here once because the first time that I stayed at the hotel I saw mice running across the floor at three diffferent times during my stay. I informed the front desk and they laughed saying that they knew about the problem and have been working on it. They did nothing, no room change and no room discount.....I wasn't that bothered by it, but I could only imagine if my wife or mother would have seen a mouse in their hotel room!!! I have heard from one other individual that they were alarmed by the unpleasant visitors.

I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business