“Excellent Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed October 19, 2007

This is an excellent hotel (by far the best hotel in Jacksonville). It is very new and in excellent conditon ans close to all restaurants and services including a nice Applebee's across from their parking lot! Staff are very responsive and helpful. Kudos for their decision to go completely non-smoking in 1/08 even though I had a non-smoking room and there was no evidence of secondary smoke in the pulic areas of thr hotel!!

• Stayed: October 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed June 23, 2007

This was one of the best Hampton Inns we've stayed in. Set back from the busy main commercial street, it was just a short walk through the parking lot to an Applebee's Restaurant. One of the motel staff even came to our room to help get the wireless internet hooked up. Fine breakfast layout. We were very impressed by the Hampton Inn, somehwat off the beaten path.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed January 1, 2007

We were so surprised and delighted at the quality of care in this hotel. The staff were very helpful and concerned about our satisfaction. The king suite is exceptional in decor, cleanliness, and spaciousness. The front lobby is one of the nicer Hampton lobby's, and the pool area was nice, also. Breakfast included hot and cold items.

We've been traveling to Jacksonville for years and this hotel is a real step up for the town. A very nice surprise after years of inferior hotel stays!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 50statetraveler
Reviewed May 12, 2006

I have been travelling to Jacksonville, IL for years and was excited to see a Hampton Inn being built in town.m I ypically spend 3-4 nights a month in Jacksonsville. The hotel is nice and looks like a typical Hampton. The wireless worked great and the exercise facility is ok. The staff was very friendly, but not completely familiar with the computer system as the hotel only opened a few months ago...

Now for the bad part, I have only stayed here once because the first time that I stayed at the hotel I saw mice running across the floor at three diffferent times during my stay. I informed the front desk and they laughed saying that they knew about the problem and have been working on it. They did nothing, no room change and no room discount.....I wasn't that bothered by it, but I could only imagine if my wife or mother would have seen a mouse in their hotel room!!! I have heard from one other individual that they were alarmed by the unpleasant visitors.

I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business