“Quick Stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites - Jacksonville
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
chicago
Reviewed March 24, 2013

When we got to the hotel they checked us in and gave us the keys to the room. When we entered the room (this is at 4pm one hour after the standard checkin time) the room had not been cleaned from the previous user. There were McDonald's bags, wrappers, and cups scattered throughout the room and the beds were unmade. The front desk said that we would have to wait an hour before we could get into the room. Once we finally got into the room it was very small and the shower had a pressure equivalent to a light rain. The breakfast was not equipped to handle a medium crowd (20). Food kept running out and was not replaced, the juice machine didn't work, and the eating area is very small. I am never going to stay at another baymont inn again.

• Stayed March 2013
Sunny T, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Guest had 12 rooms for softball tournament and they have based their review on 1 room. I would assume that other 11 rooms were in good condition and had happy stay as guest did not comment any thing wrong about those rooms. It was an honest housekeeping mistake and we took care of it in 30 minutes. Front desk called and made sure everything is perfect in the room as well. We wish guest had based his review on 12 rooms experience and not on only one room. Once again, I would like to apologies to guest and hope you would give Baymont Inn & Suites one more chance in the future. Thank You.
KS
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed one night while traveling. Our check in was quick. Front desk staff were very friendly. Our room was a King room on the 3rd floor. The room was super clean and neat and spacious. We liked the large bathroom although the sink area was a bit crowded with just two of us. The hotel was quiet. Breakfast was ok. We are never very impressed with hotel breakfast. That said it was adequate to get us started in the morning. We used Priceline for this hotel and got a great deal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We loved this hotel. It is in a nice location, just off the interstate, but away from the main road and noise. Our room was very spacious and the bathroom was large and very clean. We had three people in our party and they had extra towels in our room before we got there, so we didn't even have to ask!

The bed are incredibly comfortable and clean. The condition of the room and hotel is excellent. Everything is very clean and comfortable. The front desk people were friendly and courteous, too. The TV in the room is a huge flat screen and there are tons of premium channels to watch. There is also a large mini-fridge, microwave and coffee pot in the room. We definitely recommend this hotel and will be back to stay again sometime.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Place got recently opened and its very clean and comfertable place. Staff was friendly and attentive. Beds were really comfy and price was cheaper compare to other places in areas. Its the only smoke free hotel in the area and my wife and kids loved that.

• Stayed February 2013
vermont
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a clean hotel in Jacksonville with a convenient location right off the interstate - although I did not have a satisfactory experience. I stayed in a King studio room. The room is very small and tight-feeling with only the bed, a small refrigerator, desk and desk chair. There is no other chair in the room - nor would one fit. The sink is across from a rack to hang clothes and the shower is separate, similar to an old-fashioned motel. They offer breakfast in the morning.

Pros: location is convenient and the price of the room. However, you get what you pay for.

Cons: The bed was not comfortable. I put food and beverages in the refrigerator when I arrived only to discover in the morning that the refrigerator was not working at all. I called the front desk and they said it could not be fixed for a few days due to no maintenance person available, so I would need to change rooms. I thought they might have swapped the refrigerators, but instead I had to re-pack and move myself with no offer to help. Once at the new room, I noticed the clock was blinking. The clock was broken - I was unable to set the clock and have it keep time. Fortunately, I hadn't returned the old key yet, so I was able to swap the clocks. The door of the new room did not automatically close tightly enough to lock. Each time I had to remember to pull it closed or it wouldn't lock. I discovered this after walking down to the lobby to return the old room key and came back to find the door open. This happened more than once. As a solo traveler, this did not give me a sense of safety. Lastly, the food. I was traveling solo and selected this hotel partly because they offered complimentary breakfast. The choices were quite limited and the eggs were so bad I could not eat them. I purchased food for the second day's breakfast.

My experience was one of the worst I've had at a hotel in some time. I contacted a friend about an hour away who suggested I stay with her instead. About 2:00 PM I asked if I could check out instead of staying. I had not used anything in the new room, just dropped off my luggage and put food in the refrigerator. The manager would not agree to that.

I called Customer Service for Baymont Inn and Suites and they were unable to help because each of the Baymonts are individually owned (franchises).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sunny T, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel. Baymont Inn & Suites Jacksonville recently opened up in December, 2012 and guest satisfaction is our top most priority. I am disappointed to hear that you encountered issues during your stay. Specially about the bed not being comfortable, because we have brand new mattresses and linens in all the rooms. However I can assure you that our staff is working hard to make improvements to ensure that all rooms are up to our highest quality standards. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will choose to give us a second chance during your next visit to Jacksonville, IL.

Travelers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels