“Fine Italian in an old train depot”

Lonzerotti's Italia Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Lonzerottis is a fine dining restaurant located in a restored train station with working tracks. The building's architecture follows the prairie school design with wide roof overhangs and hip roofs. Hardwood trim throughout the restaurant is original. Lonzerottis serves classic Italian cuisine along with new American dishes. While we are a fine dining restaurant, casual dress is welcome.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

At the recommendation of Blessings on Main Street B&B, I had dinner at Lenzerotti's and was very pleased with their Pasta Sampler, Caesar salad, and chocolate sin desert. The service was good and the old train depot made for pleasant surroundings.

1  Thank Clint F

Reviewed November 29, 2013

First of all, I eat here whenever I come home for a visit. I get the filet mignon, which is always well cooked, seasoned well and I get it butterflied, it is served atop thinly slice onion rings and you get a choice of side and a salad, I choose the Caesar salad . They also give you breadsticks, garlic, yummy. Thanks, see ya soon.

1  Thank Pat B
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

The food was good, nothing spectacular. Very very noisy. Not good for an intimate dinner. I've visited for Christmas parties & once as a dinner date not in a big hurry to return

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Let me start by saying that our son attends MacMurray College, and we were hoping to find a good place to eat when we visit. We walked in and were "greeted" by a gentleman who seemed flustered to find us a table. We were there at around 5pm and they were not busy. He was interrupted by the phone and then ignored us. A waiter came over and seated us. My wife ordered a pineapple upside down cake martini. It was tasty,but there was very little, if any, alcohol in it. No relaxing effect at all. They are known for their salad dressing which is a "sweet Italian" dressing. It was good, but the salads were over dressed. The bread sticks were very light, puffy rolls with a nice Parmesan flavor. They were the highlight of the meal. I ordered a steak cooked medium and it arrived cooked well done with the consistency of being pounded. It came with a compound butter which helped the flavor. It also came with a few onion rings which were ok and fettuccine Alfredo which was bland. My wife and son ordered the manicotti. The casserole dish my wife's came in was broken to a sharp edge on the end. There were 2 manicotti per serving filled with tough, unseasoned ground beef with a tiny bit of onion...no sauce of any kind. They had a red sauce and cheese on top, but very little of either. My wife said she had never had such a bad dish at an Italian restaurant. Neither my wife nor my son ate much of their meal. We took a chance and ordered dessert trying to end the meal well. Our son got the chocolate chip cheesecake. It was good, your typical cheesecake you get from the grocery store freezer. My wife and I got the peach cobbler. BAD! A couple of slices of peach beneath a thick layer of cake with hard corners. We didn't finish it and we always finish dessert. The service was average. The restaurant is an old train station which should be charming, but was mostly just old. As we ate, quite a few patrons came in. They were the elderly set, and the staff seemed to know them. We had flies attacking us throughout our meal. To top it all off, we grabbed some mints as we left. The usual red and white variety. They were so stale they were chewy. Such a bad experience. We won't return.

1  Thank jaygoose
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Lonzerotti's has many dishes we enjoy from salmon to pasta. I have many favorites, from both the lunch and dinner menu. Servings are very generous. Always consider the "Special" when dining there.

1  Thank InnkeeperGwenn