Kottage Kafe
Ranked #16 of 65 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed in Jacksonville a couple of nights and this was the restaurant we found open when we arrived. When I ordered chicken livers and gizzards I swear it didn't occur to me they'd be fried. Vern had a breaded tenderloin and bless his heart we shared each other's meals. The livers were quite tasty, his meat was yummy. I saved a lot of calories skipping my mashed potatoes and gravy. The wait staff are fun, it's a local joint for sure. The meal was under $20 before taxes, so not a bad deal.

2  Thank ruthandvern

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Kottage Kafe is a friendly, down-home-feeling kind of place where the food is very good and the staff really seem to care. Exceptional (!) breakfasts and good daily specials. This is in that rare group of independently-owned (I assume) small restaurants across America that are actually doing it right - putting the customer first - and providing very good food at decent prices. We were there twice in two days with a relative who dines there daily. Yum to the crispy sweet potato fries!

1  Thank 2hungrytravelers
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We live in Jacksonville, IL and been to this place many times over the last few years. Their taste and service is always good. Place is clean. I wish they were open little late on the weekends.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Have been for breakfast a couple of times. Quick service. Tasty breakfasts. HUGE pancakes. Delicious raisin bread french toast. Lots to offer. After I had orderred my french toast, I then noticed that they offerred breakfast sandwiches as well, which I love. Will try next time.

2  Thank ChicagoDina11
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Homey atmosphere and home cooked meal. Food and service are excellent. I eat there about once a week and have never been dissatisfied