“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
Palos Hills, Illinois
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Due to some snow in the area we were forced to make some travel adjustments on the fly. I called ahead and booked two rooms at the Hyatt Place. Price, was very reasonable. Rooms were clean and updated. Each person I dealt with from the staff was friendly and very helpful. In the morning a very nice breakfast offering for all guests. I didn't take advantage but hotel also had a pool and workout room. Would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 10withamop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Niles, Michigan
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Hyatt was great. Nicely updated, spacious rooms, wonderful, fresh, and "real" breakfast. Highly recommended. 4 star quality at 2 star prices. Checkin staff and wait staff was pleasant and very helpful. Hotel is not real close to anything, but is definitely worth staying.

Stayed February 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a very nice place, the staff is awesome and welcoming and I thoroughly enjoyed staying here. I was on a business trip for what should have been four nights, but due to a late flight (weather related) cancellation. Hotel management was very kind and waived the room charge.

When I did make it the next day, the check-in process was smooth. Front desk called me in the room to ensure everything was alright with the accommodations. I stayed in Room 523, and it was fairly quiet. However, I do agree that you can hear conversations in the hallway and a small bit of noise from neighboring rooms. Because of the high floor, there wasn't that much hallway traffic. So, once I feel asleep, I didn't feel any disturbance at all. Housekeeping ensured the room was thoroughly clean everyday, so a clean feeling room also helped me relax.

The really clean hotel, room, bathroom, and attentive management and staff made my stay very comfortable. It was nice to come back to the hotel everyday and be greeted with a smile!

I didn't have time to enjoy the food service or breakfast here, however, I will do so as I certainly plan to stay here again for my business trips in the Chicago area. I've paid a lot more in the past for hotel rooms in the area, but this hotel is a true pleasure and a great value!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank syammurty
Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed here for two nights and I really can’t say too much that is positive about the place. The staff are friendly and helpful but unfortunately the negatives outweigh those two attributes. I have stayed here before three or four times in the past but the last time was about 1 year ago and things have changed since that time. One big complaint is it is very noisy and this greatly affects my new opinion on the place. It was I who suggested to our group to stay here but I really regret doing so now given the negative comments I received from my colleagues, which in fairness was well founded.

There are two restaurants opposite the hotel and these are noisy when the clients are there. BUT the real big problem arose after hours. At about 2:30 am I and it appears virtually every other guest there were woken by the tiny, grinding and rattling sound of the snow clearing guys in their noisy trucks (I mean the smaller trucks that are clearing snow as a side line). This continued right through to 6:30 am and it was impossible to sleep. I looked out at about 4:00am and it wasn’t snowing but these idiots just continued to plough and scrape their cheap inadequate ploughs on the tarmac and of course keep everyone awake. The conversation in the breakfast area quickly changed to the nights disturbance and how the snow warriors had kept everyone awake

Breakfast in the mornings are buffet style with yogurt, prepared cut fruits, cereals, and some hot biscuits served warm and these are quite adequate. The next time I will be staying at the hotels situated down the road which is only 2 miles further on.

Room Tip: avoid the front area
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ratty1741
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here 2 years ago while travelling to the west and have returned. It is still an excellent place to stay, just outside Chicago, past the busy traffic areas. It's easily accessible from the highway. We arrived late in the evening and were given a very large suite with both living and bed areas. The shower and toilet are separate from the sink area. Everything is very upscale. The king bed was very comfortable. Linens and towels are excellent quality, as are toiletries. This hotel has the best breakfast of all hotels we have visited (ie. that include breakfast in the price). Hot, well made scrambled eggs, sausages, pancakes, a variety of fresh fruit, milk, juices, breads, etc. A most comfortable place to spend the night, and a very reasonable price. We will definitely return again.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from elevator and ice machine. We were given a really quiet room at the en...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kasson, Minnesota
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel was very clean, very neat and we didn't have any problems. We got a pretty good rate via Travelocity. The description said 20 minutes from downtown Chicago, which was more like 30 without traffic. But, it's Chicago, there is traffic, so it seemed like a really long drive to and from the city. The pool was chilly and there wasn't a hot tub, which was disappointing after long days of wandering Chicago museums. The breakfast was ok, with a very crowded lobby, and it seemed like they were always out of plates and silverware. I don't have any huge complaints, we slept well, the place was clean, it was quiet at night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
New Hampshire
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I want to preface this review by stating that this is a very nice place with comfortable clean rooms, plenty of amenities, and a very accommodating staff, BUT, as stated in many of the other reviews, this place is LOUD. I stayed at the Hyatt Place for three nights this week (Mon-Thu) for a business meeting in Itasca. The location is right near two restaurants (one Italian and the other Mexican), and close to the highway, about 25 minutes from O'Hare. That being said, it's also in the middle of nowhere if you're on foot, although they do have an "as available and within 5 miles" shuttle that I didn't have the need to use. The room was well lit and clean, although the rug and sectional sofa looked a little age worn and are a few months short of shabby. The staff is probably the best feature of this particular Hyatt. They were welcoming, and willing to provide anything I needed. The included breakfast was very good, including fresh fruits (cut-up red grapefruit was great), cereals, yogurts, and juices as well as hot skillets with breakfast biscuit sandwiches. For the remainder of the day (24 x 7) they will provide breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as beer, wine and spirits, through their "Gallery Menu". I only used it for drinks, and on Wednesday night the bar area was actually in service as a regular bar. Again, it was a very enjoyable stay, aside from one really big issue...Noise. The biggest noise issue has to be the construction of the building. You can hear everything in the halls and quite a bit of what's going on in your neighbor's room. Within the room the biggest issue was the small refrigerator. It cycled on and off with enough volume to wake you up. I remedied that by unplugging it. The last noise complaint was due to my room location (room 515), directly across from the two elevators. Luckily I have a white noise app on my phone, and the sound of "summer crickets" coupled with the bathroom vent, kept me sufficiently asleep. One last comment regarding my room. The sink stopper in the sink outside the bathroom really needs to be adjusted. It barely drains, to the point that brushing your teeth or shaving causes it to start rising. It's a minor fix that I almost did myself, but did mention it to the staff. If anyone stays in room 515, let us know if it's fixed. :)

Room Tip: Stay away, FAR away, from the rooms near the elevators. The refrigerator in room 515 was VERY loud...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom_the_Sad_Sailor01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
The Westin Chicago Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Hyatt Place Itasca? Share your experiences!