“Very nice stay!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very nice stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed with the family (wife & two kids) from Saturday to Thursday on a vacation to Chicago. With AAA discount it came to $115/night with taxes. Rooms were clean & comfortable. Mini bar area with sink, counter, fridge. Toilet & shower in separate room from sink/wash area. Some of the staff were very pleasant & helpful (some not so much...). I would highly recommend this hotel for business or family travel. We bought Citi Passes and drove into Chicago every morning around 9am, minimal traffic, parked at Navy Pier or the Museum Campus for $20 for the day. Next time we'll try taking the train into Chicago (shuttle to airport & blue line into Chicago?)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My son and I stayed here, as a part of my work and his "play". We enjoyed being at this hotel. My son being able to take nice walks nearby in the nature. Our experience here is the way every hotel stay should be.

Room Tip: I think every room is about the same
Macomb, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We made our usual journey to Chicago but decided to stay in the suburbs. This location was not too far from Downtown Chicago, and we liked the proximity to all of the areas we visited.

Our first impression was the staff. What an awesome group of people who are working the front desk. It is quality customer service that each hotel should offer. They are accommodating, friendly and extremely nice. When we arrived for check-in apparently there were several other people doing the same. One of the young ladies came to assist us with the bags because there weren't any available carts. I really appreciated this interest in making sure we were most satisfied from the moment we stepped through the front doors!

This was an excellent choice. It is a mini-suite and really fit our needs of having some space. There is a wet bar with a frig that sits across from the desk area. There wasn't a microwave in the room, which was odd. There is a sofa on the other side of the partition that divides the room for the bed and bathroom area. The large flat screen TV that appears to be centered more towards the sleeping area; however, it does move making it convenient to see from any angle.

Unfortunately, the breakfast was uneventful to say the least. The hotel provides a small area to eat and has put time into the presentation of the food. The set up looks really nice. However, the taste did not fit our preference based on our travel and the quality we've received at other hotels. The hot items were not hot and the choices were rather limited. We didn't eat the breakfast, even though it was complimentary, for the rest of our stay. I had to deduct from the rating because of this.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Because my company booked and is paying for my stay here, I wasn't surprised that this hotel is clearly a low budget hotel, and doesn't meet the standards I expect from the name Hyatt, but i have to give them (Hyatt) credit for how very helpful every one of hotel staff has been. Each of them is willing to go above and beyond what i expect from hotel staff. It really has made the difference in me saying i recommend this hotel, because at first i would not have. The staff alone really has muted any complaints i might have had about this hotel. Every one of them should be working at some fancy resort or wherever is the envy of people in their line of work.... Fortunately for me, they are not. I hope Hyatt appreciates them,

1 Thank Kathy H
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I w as looking for hotel in Chicago downtown but i couldn't find anyone that fit on my budget. I was looking for alternatives for some days until if found this hotel. When booking hotel I was a little hesitant as I was thinking I was paying to much for a hotel but the hotel proof me wrong. The price was right for what we received; Excellent breakfast(Comparable to a 5 STAR HOTEL), spacious and very clean room (It gave me an idea for my next bedroom, pool (Clean and tempered, made me stay and not leave the hotel for a complete day) and the most important THE STAFF( Friendly and trying to help at all times, special thanks to shuttle driver, He gave us a lot of tourism info).I forgot to mention hotel has free shuttle to O'Hare airport and train station.IF COMING BACK TO CHICAGO IN THE FUTURE I WOULD DEFINITELY STAY IN THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed July 2013
Sterling Heights, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was thrilled with the Hyatt Place Chicago/Itasca. Grace checked me in early without complaint (I arrived around 2P). She later made coffee and a salad for me in their bistro. Her service was so friendly. The Hyatt Place hotels have a concierge style (the same person who checks you in might also run to the 24/7 café to get food for you). Grace was really careful to make sure the front desk was covered so no other guests would be kept waiting.

Breakfast is free to guests at 6:30AM. It's quite generous with fresh fruit, good coffee, and a pleasant setting. I was really happy that I showed up in the breakfast area around 6:15AM and was made to feel welcome even though I was there before the appointed time (I had to leave at 6:30).

This is located very close to O'Hare. Be aware that it's on NORTH Arlington Heights Road (Arlington Heights Road does some odd things, so be sure to program the whole name into your GPS). It's set behind two restaurants. One's a Mexican place (a couple people told me to avoid it) and the other is Buono, which was recommended (but I didn't try).

Room Tip: The rooms are well-appointed. Mine had a fridge but not a microwave. If you want a microwave, you mi...
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week while visiting family. The free breakfast was typical hot and cold items. The pool water was cold. They don't have a hot tub. The room was big. The bathroom could be a little bigger.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Westin Chicago Northwest
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)

Been to Hyatt Place Itasca? Share your experiences!