Hyatt Place Itasca
$90
$129
  • Restaurant
$159
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village(Elk Grove Village)
$43
$100
$104
$129
$120
  • Pool
$93
$139
All reviewsyogurtsofa bedfree breakfastshort drivedowntown chicagositting areaindoor pooldonutsother hotelsroad constructionvery nice hotelgreat rateclose to the airporthotel roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulbusiness centertrain station
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Not the best hotel I've stayed at and not the worst. The breakfast is great (among the best I've had) the parking is good, staff is few in number but nice. Rooms are great - clean and modern with a good amount of space. The only negative is the management doesn't care to tell people to be quiet. This includes their own cleaning staff and overly loud guests. I take conference calls from hotels and the last thing I want to have in the background when clients are on the phone is the sound of doors slamming or kids playing. You can see and hear more at this clip I shot http://youtu.be/tWEKqwgyd-8

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed two nights for the weekend on Feb. 19 & 20 for a short getaway. The hotel was still very clean and the beds very comfortable. Still a very good place to stay if you want to stay out in the suburbs rather than in the downtown area of Chicago. It is about a 20 mile drive from the city upto Itasca. Rooms are spacious clean, and well maintained. They do have an indoor pool that my daughter loved as well although to me it was a little bit on the cold side, but that is being picky. My only complaint about the hotel compared to the 5 star rating I give it last year was just the overall noise of the hotel. From our room we could hear the noisy guests down the hallway. Honestly in my opinion that is the guests fault not the hotel, but all I am saying is that it wasn't very soundproof. The other thing I will say is that they had adverstised a new breakfast for guests that was suppossed to be much better than standard continental breakfast fare and I did not care for it at all. Still a good place but not quite what I remember.

Room Tip: Request a quiet one.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank writerguy1976
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stayed here overnight with my family. We had stayed at another Hyatt Place location several times in the past, and have had generally positive experiences. Unfortunately, we didn't this time.

First, the pros: the rate was affordable, and the rooms are quite nice. They are furnished in a contemporary style, with a large LCD TV, a large bed, and a sofa that converts into a bed. The bed and sofa are in two different parts of the room that are partially divided by a partial wall, giving a bit of privacy and separation between the two "halves". With the furnishings, the room size, and the fridge (great for kids snacks), the room was quite comfortable for a family of two adults and two small children. Plenty of pillows and towels rounded it off. Although the hotel is designed as somewhat "self-serve" (you check in and out at a kiosk using your credit card, for instance), there is always someone around, and when we needed help, for instance when the pool area was almost out of towels, the staff were very responsive.

Now, the cons: the fridge in the room was loud. So loud, in fact, that I couldn't sleep once it started making noise. So, I shut it off, which of course eliminated the benefit of having it in the first place. The bathroom was quite cramped, and the water in the shower took forever to warm up. By the time we got down to breakfast the food looked a bit old, as well -- the fruit had been out too long, acquiring an odd taste, and some of the other parts were uninspiring. The coffee was good, though, and there was a good selection of breads, yogurts, etc.

Overall, we would probably stay here again, especially since we've had good luck at other Hyatt Place hotels before, but would definitely like the cons to be addressed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Went here for a place to stay on a drive to Chicago, free parking and a good online rate were what got me to the hotel, once there, the staff were friendly and the room was large, with a comfortable bed and a large tv, all very clean.

The only downside was that I got the room right across from the elevator doors and could hear them starting very early in the morning.

I would stay in this hotel again, but would request a quieter room.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I generally stay at a Hyatt Place when I travel. This one is especially nice because the staff go out of their way to make sure you are happy and comfortable. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. They offer a bus service to pick you up and drop you off with a pleasant attitude at your choice of destinations (train, dining etc). The food is good and not over priced. Will continue to stay at this location during my travels. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family